Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Who thinks after 4 weeks we will be back at work?

Bike
    raptor 1000

Who thinks after 4 weeks we will be back at work?

i reckon 6 weeks minimum, Gubbinmint adds say a "number" of weeks what do you think?

Bike
    motocompo
    I got a random goodwill call from the owner of NZ's largest motorcycle retailer a couple of days ago.
    He thought eight to ten weeks, completely un prompted.

Bike
    anything I can get my grubby wee paws on
    I'm thinking Eight+
    =mjc=

Bike
    Katanasaurus Rex
    All I'm hoping for is that, come the time we see the infection rate receding and we can be sure we're on top of it, the border remains closed while we get the country back on it's feet.

Bike
    less than I used to have
    Quote Originally Posted by Katman View Post
    All I'm hoping for is that, come the time we see the infection rate receding and we can be sure we're on top of it, the border remains closed while we get the country back on it's feet.
    ...+1 to that...

Bike
    A fast one
    Information obtained from someone I know who works in MoH says it is an eight week minimum, however won't be announced as such until closer to the end of the four week period.

There may also be restrictions on supermarkets becoming delivery only, which sounds accurate as Countdown are re-purposing the Grey Lynn, Auckland store to be online only (the first of many no doubt).

Bike
    Triumph Speed Triple
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by The End View Post
    Information obtained from someone I know who works in MoH says it is an eight week minimum, however won't be announced as such until closer to the end of the four week period.

There may also be restrictions on supermarkets becoming delivery only, which sounds accurate as Countdown are re-purposing the Grey Lynn, Auckland store to be online only (the first of many no doubt).
    I just placed an order with Countdown, payed the extra for delivery. So far so good. There's a even a good chance I'll be home when they call.
    There is a grey blur, and a green blur. I try to stay on the grey one. - Joey Dunlop

Bike
    2000 Ducati ST2
    Yep. Wish I didn't believe it but at this point 8 weeks sounds very likely. I don't think the rules about lockdown will get tighter but enforcement and penalties probably will.

Bike
    Not a Hayabusa anymore
    I'm hoping for 4 weeks.

Trying to reason with small children why they can't go to the Park, Pools (insert any leisure activity here), can't go see any of their friends, can't see any of their Family, can't enjoy the simple pleasures of Friday night takeways.

Each time I say no, and try to explain why, I still get the look of disappointment and the look like I'm punishing them for some infraction. It's the latter part that's the hardest.

All whilst not having any form of break from them.

Yeah - I hope it's only 4 weeks.
    Physics; Thou art a cruel, heartless Bitch-of-a-Mistress

Bike
    suzuki
    Quote Originally Posted by Katman View Post
    border closed? all they're doing is asking arrivals if they're going to be good about this and self isolate. why isn't ohakea out passenger arrival spot and there are a thousand campervans set up, and patrols around the outside. stick arrivals in, watch them, test them, move them to a second stage, same deal and realease them? Where are we all hoping we get our covid been there done that chip inserted? Are the 22 'cured' people now allowed to go free range? are they seconded to the medical sector for help as they're all good or what?

Bike
    anything I can get my grubby wee paws on
    Or maybe it wont end, and will we have to continue living in a police state.

I'm sure there are some out there that would like that.
    =mjc=

Bike
    She resents being called a bike
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by jim.cox View Post

That, would be strange... and it'd likely break the panopticon that's currently used to empower law.

It'd certainly make going outside more fun.
    I didn't think!!! I experimented!!!

Bike
    2014 Honda NC750X
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by jim.cox View Post

I think the future is certainly suddenly very uncertain.

It's hard for me to imagine any of our politicians have either the will or the desire to make themselves into any kind of 'supreme leader', but then I've never been very tribal in my voting habits.

Plus I reckon our Police force and Defence force are well aware that they're way too small to do much in the way of enforcing compliance at the best of times, hence why they're tiptoeing around enforcement of the lockdown provisions at the moment.

Hmmm, they might have enough manpower to turn Auckland into a Police state - the rest of the country might like that.

Hail the wise and benevolent Goff!
    Moe: Well, I'm better than dirt. Well, most kinds of dirt. I mean not that fancy store bought dirt. That stuffs loaded with nutrients. I...I can't compete with that stuff.
    - The Simpsons

Bike
    '76 CB550 Super Sport
    Higgens suck truck just meandered down our street. Looking for flooding I guess after a night of steady rain. Funny really as we are on a high spot....

I don't like hypothetical predictions but I suspect the general population will start to get itchy feet around week 3 if not sooner.

Bike
    She resents being called a bike
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by nerrrd View Post
    I think the future is certainly suddenly very uncertain.

It's hard for me to imagine any of our politicians have either the will or the desire to make themselves into any kind of 'supreme leader', but then I've never been very tribal in my voting habits.
    We need a clue, not a leader. Everyone is useless without a clue, and doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results = not having a clue. The future has been obvious for some time, the virus is merely giving us a glimpse of what is happening more slowly given how we use the economy. The clue that the leaders need will lead them to a place that they cannot go. I know that place well. What needs to be done is unpopular, therefore politicians cannot go there.

Quote Originally Posted by nerrrd
    Plus I reckon our Police force and Defence force are well aware that they're way too small to do much in the way of enforcing compliance at the best of times, hence why they're tiptoeing around enforcement of the lockdown provisions at the moment.
    I know the forces, apt name, et al have a reputation for following order, but I do wonder just how many would draw the line at being ordered to "police" everyday life.

Quote Originally Posted by nerrrd
    Hmmm, they might have enough manpower to turn Auckland into a Police state - the rest of the country might like that.

Hail the wise and benevolent Goff!
    Just tell people in Auckland that everywhere else in the world has the virus and that they should stay home... it's worked before
    I didn't think!!! I experimented!!!

Thread Information