Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: COVID-19 humour

Bike
    Now bikeless :-(

Bike
    Now bikeless :-(

Bike
    motocompo
    I thought this was the most appropriate thread for this.
    So far four people in NZ have died of this terrible plague that has required all but the most essential services to be shut down & will cause the ruin of many small & large business, & threatens the freedom & sanity of many individuals.
    We know that at least one of those people was In their '90's & another was 70 something, with other serious health problems.
    We also know that over 1000 people have fully recovered from this terrible virus, which means that it has a less than .04% mortality rate, & a lot better than that in healthy people. That rate would be unlikely to change, regardless of lockdown, as its based on people already infected.
    We also know that four people out of a population of four million plus, means that across all age & health demographics, you currently have less than a one in a million chance of dying from it.
    This year in NZ around 35,000 people will die from all causes combined.
    Food for thought?

Bike
    2014 Honda NC750X
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by sidecar bob View Post
    I thought this was the most appropriate thread for this...
    I don't get it.
    Moe: Well, I'm better than dirt. Well, most kinds of dirt. I mean not that fancy store bought dirt. That stuffs loaded with nutrients. I...I can't compete with that stuff.
    - The Simpsons

Bike
    motocompo
    Quote Originally Posted by nerrrd View Post
    I don't get it.
    Well it's a bit of a joke that the entire country is shut down because of it isint it.
    I suspect more people in NZ will die of suicide & stress related illness as a direct result of this debacle, than the plague itself.

Bike
    She resents being called a bike
    Blog Entries
    Well it's a bit of a joke that the entire country is shut down because of it isint it.
    Nope. What it shows, in comparison to countries that didn't lockdown quickly enough, is that the shutdown has probably saved a fair few thousand lives.. but by all means carry on smoking whatever it is you're smoking that makes you see the world in such fucked up terms. It's up there with, yeah we may well be destroying the environment we rely on for life in order to make an economy run, but it's the best we can do. Seriously, I could do with a break from sanity for a while, what are you smoking?

Quote Originally Posted by sidecar bob
    I suspect more people in NZ will die of suicide & stress related illness as a direct result of this debacle, than the plague itself.
    You're right, because people were already doing that very thing when the economy was rockstar. People are killing themselves because they cannot afford to live. give them the resources they need and they wouldn't kill themselves. It's an exceptionally well evidenced thing called Structural Violence.
    I didn't think!!! I experimented!!!

Bike
    motocompo
    Quote Originally Posted by mashman View Post
    Nope. What it shows, in comparison to countries that didn't lockdown quickly enough, is that the shutdown has probably saved a fair few thousand lives.. but by all means carry on smoking whatever it is you're smoking that makes you see the world in such fucked up terms. It's up there with, yeah we may well be destroying the environment we rely on for life in order to make an economy run, but it's the best we can do. Seriously, I could do with a break from sanity for a while, what are you smoking?
    "Probably a fair few thousand", based on a vague guess I'm assuming.
    You haven't disputed any of the facts I posted, just made a generalized derogatory wave In my direction.
    Absolute worst case scenario if every person in NZ was infected based on current survival stats is 1600 deaths.
    A number of them would have died of too many birthdays as a root cause.
    But hey, I know mass hysteria is the current mindset, & going against the trend with some facts will go down like a cup of cold sick to some.

Bike
    Blog Entries
    You haven't disputed any of the facts I posted, just made a generalized derogatory wave In my direction.
    "Nope. What it shows, in comparison to countries that didn't lockdown quickly enough, is that the shutdown has probably saved a fair few thousand lives"

WTF are you smoking, please please please send to...........

Quote Originally Posted by sidecar bob
    A fair few thousand, based on a vague guess I'm assuming.
    Absolute worst case scenario if every person in NZ was infected based on current stats is 1600 deaths.
    Yes, but the NZ rates you're basing that on are lockdown rates, not open transmission rates. The death rates in other countries are open transmission rates, not lockdown rates.

Bike
    motocompo

Yes, but the NZ rates you're basing that on are lockdown rates, not open transmission rates. The death rates in other countries are open transmission rates, not lockdown rates.
    But I'm only counting people infected, the death rate is .04% across all people infected, regardless.
    If the number of people infected rises, how does the plague suddenly become more deadly?

Bike
    Blog Entries
    I assume you're finished pleasuring yourself with the edit function?

Quote Originally Posted by sidecarbob
    But hey, I know mass hysteria is the current mindset, & going against the trend with some facts will go down like a cup of cold sick to some.
    Mass hysteria? Please point out somewhere in the world that has descended into mass hysteria? People are queuing more politely then when the sales are on. So no, the only hysteria is in your tiny mind.

Bike
    Blog Entries
    But I'm only counting people infected, the death rate is .04% across all people infected, regardless.
    If the number of people infected rises, how does the plague suddenly become more deadly?
    And once upon a time, there was only 1 human being on the entire planet that had the virus.

Bike
    motocompo
    I assume you're finished pleasuring yourself with the edit function?

Mass hysteria? Please point out somewhere in the world that has descended into mass hysteria? People are queuing more politely then when the sales are on. So no, the only hysteria is in your tiny mind.
    Well I've stated some figures that are absolute mathematical fact, & your mind won't let you absorb them as fact.
    It's like they somehow fry your brain of rational process, due to your overwhelming desire to believe an alternative scenario.
    It seems like a form of hysteria.

Bike
    Blog Entries
    Well I've stated some figures that are absolute mathematical fact, & your hysteria won't let you absorb them as fact.
    It's like they somehow fry your brain of rational process.
    Oh I absorbed them ok. And they were almost the funniest thing in the thread.

Bike
    2014 Honda NC750X
    Blog Entries
    Not the funny kind though, so maybe one of those other threads.
    Moe: Well, I'm better than dirt. Well, most kinds of dirt. I mean not that fancy store bought dirt. That stuffs loaded with nutrients. I...I can't compete with that stuff.
    - The Simpsons

Bike
    Twowheeled
    I thought this was the most appropriate thread for this.
    So far four people in NZ have died of this terrible plague that has required all but the most essential services to be shut down & will cause the ruin of many small & large business, & threatens the freedom & sanity of many individuals.
    We know that at least one of those people was In their '90's & another was 70 something, with other serious health problems.
    We also know that over 1000 people have fully recovered from this terrible virus, which means that it has a less than .04% mortality rate, & a lot better than that in healthy people. That rate would be unlikely to change, regardless of lockdown, as its based on people already infected.
    We also know that four people out of a population of four million plus, means that across all age & health demographics, you currently have less than a one in a million chance of dying from it.
    This year in NZ around 35,000 people will die from all causes combined.
    Food for thought?
    Correct figures, everyone knows this shit, it's not rocket surgery. Now tell us what would have happened if we didn't lock down?

Thread Information