Page 3 of 16 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: Best Automotive You Tube Channel EVER

Bike
    Street Triple R
    I have really enjoyed Project Binky and am all caught up to date now. Its started me down a rabbit warren though.
    I thought elections were decided by angry posts on social media. - F5 Dave

Bike
    RZ496/Street 765RS/GasGas/ etc etc
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by sidecar bob View Post
    They're nearly as bad as those clowns that play around with tiny two strokes thinking there's a genie lurking in there somewhere.
    5000 pages discussing nozzle length & blowdown, they should just buy a Hayabusa.
    I really know nothing about cars aside from what I've needed to fix on my van as an essential service (bike mover). Actually I did buy a car last year. Its white and has a wheel at every corner. But I have no interest in them. Geez all the bits hes making though!

Yeah I will keep watching, it is fairly addictive.
    Don't you look at my accountant.
    He's the only one I've got.

Bike
    Triumph Speed Triple
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by onearmedbandit View Post
    I know enough to recognise these guys are something else. It's a combination of amazing skills, know how, math and artistry.
    That's pretty much how I feel about it, but several times an episode I find myself asking, "Why?"
    Which is odd really, because I know the answer.

The answer to the question, "Why is he doing this?" is the same as the answer to the question, "Why does a dog lick his balls?"
    The answer is, "Because he can."
    There is a grey blur, and a green blur. I try to stay on the grey one. - Joey Dunlop

Bike
    Street Triple R
    Quote Originally Posted by F5 Dave View Post
    I really know nothing about cars aside from what I've needed to fix on my van as an essential service (bike mover). Actually I did buy a car last year. Its white and has a wheel at every corner. But I have no interest in them. Geez all the bits hes making though!

Yeah I will keep watching, it is fairly addictive.
    What I like is the problem solving. And of course the CAD.

*cardboard aided design.

Bike
    motocompo
    I've watched their build of the Escargot transporter.
    They're only up to episode four.
    More transplant stuff, this time there's sufficient room to put things though.

Bike
    Blog Entries
    So, just putting it out there. Wouldn't it just ge a fuck ton easier to build a space frame, sort of ike a wide 750F1, then drop a mini shape cover over the top? Guess you would have to lift your leg way up to get over the door area, but its got to be easier, lighter and stronger. Is it the door compromise that holds cars back? Guess they make stock cars a bit like that?

Bike
    GSXR1000
    So, just putting it out there. Wouldn't it just ge a fuck ton easier to build a space frame, sort of ike a wide 750F1, then drop a mini shape cover over the top? Guess you would have to lift your leg way up to get over the door area, but its got to be easier, lighter and stronger. Is it the door compromise that holds cars back? Guess they make stock cars a bit like that?
    Start a youtube channel and get on with it then. Or just don't watch theirs and don't concern yourself over what others are doing on their own builds?

Bike
    Street Triple R
    He tells us every second episode: "Its a road car". So opening doors, sound insulation, carpet, a working radio, and HVAC. Its even got fucking four speed wipers and electric windows!

And lets be honest, its not about making it easy: those guys have the skills to do what you've talked about. They just don't want to.

Bike
    Blog Entries
    Actually I'm on episode 8 and it's just been mentioned that it's a roadcar. Thought they said he was into rally so assumed they were building something for some strange class.

Bike
    BSA A10
    Watched the whole series in the last two days plus some Q & A and Escargot, not much of a car person but like the problem solving on how to fit things into the spaces and the fabrication

Please forgive me though James I only just worked out "Binky" about 2 hours after I finished watching and given other references through the series it shouldn't have taken anywhere near that long
    "If you can make black marks on a straight from the time you turn out of a corner until the braking point of the next turn, then you have enough power."

Quote Originally Posted by scracha View Post
    Even BP would shy away from cleaning up a sidecar oil spill.
    Quote Originally Posted by Warren Zevon
    Send Lawyers, guns and money, the shit has hit the fan

Bike
    Exxon Valdez
    Make the noise.

Bike
    Sold
    I've just had an email from an old friend in the UK who owns a pristine white Hillman Imp, as well as other stuff. His car featured on TV being driven by the presenters as part of a UK TV series called Car SOS. It's on the National Geographic Channel over there - don't know whether the series is on in NZ. I've got a bit of a soft spot for the Imp and thought that the restoration/upgrade job they did on an old rustbucket was quite interesting, especially the press shop that makes custom panels for just about anything. Converting it to motorcycle fuel injection looked pretty straightforward too. This is the programme: https://www.dailymotion.com/video/x7t30c3 .

Bike
    VFR800
    Quote Originally Posted by Blackbird View Post
    I've just had an email from an old friend in the UK who owns a pristine white Hillman Imp, as well as other stuff. His car featured on TV being driven by the presenters as part of a UK TV series called Car SOS. It's on the National Geographic Channel over there - don't know whether the series is on in NZ. I've got a bit of a soft spot for the Imp and thought that the restoration/upgrade job they did on an old rustbucket was quite interesting, especially the press shop that makes custom panels for just about anything. Converting it to motorcycle fuel injection looked pretty straightforward too. This is the programme: https://www.dailymotion.com/video/x7t30c3 .

It's a great show Blackbird and on TVNZ's Duke channel here. My Mum had an Imp for a while back in 1970's and loved it.

Bike
    Sold
    Quote Originally Posted by Gearup View Post
    It's a great show Blackbird and on TVNZ's Duke channel here. My Mum had an Imp for a while back in 1970's and loved it.
    Thanks for that - will look out for it . A friend I grew up with had one in rally trim and it was so nice to drive. If it wasn't for the quality issues they mentioned, it would have been better than the Mini. There's a Sunbeam Stiletto version down in the car museum next to WOW in Nelson which is an absolute cracker. I took these photos a couple of years ago.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSC05398.jpg 
Views:	37 
Size:	801.3 KB 
ID:	345181   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSC05399.jpg 
Views:	36 
Size:	772.6 KB 
ID:	345182  

Bike
    VFR800
    Quote Originally Posted by Blackbird View Post
    If it wasn't for the quality issues they mentioned, it would have been better than the Mini.

Yes, I've got memories of helping Dad replace the head gasket a couple of times due to that all-aluminium engine and the associated cooling issues.

That's a nice looking vehicle alright.

Thread Information