Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Huskvana 701 model recall

Bike
    1994 VFR750F, 2006 XR250L
    Quote Originally Posted by SVboy View Post
    I'm with Triboy on this one. Polarising looks but outstanding handling and Punch. Depends what's important to you, looks, in this case or performance.
    Lol, that cut off look. From what you are saying it is also why people wore Stubbies shorts in the 70's and early 80's - very polarising but for performance
    Cheers

Merv

Bike
    '76 CB550 Super Sport
    Quote Originally Posted by merv View Post
    Lol, that cut off look. From what you are saying it is also why people wore Stubbies shorts in the 70's and early 80's - very polarising but for performance
    Now that was crual. I hated those funken things when they were service issue.

Bike
    '76 CB550 Super Sport
    I'm with Triboy on this one. Polarising looks but outstanding handling and Punch. Depends what's important to you, looks, in this case or performance.
    The thing can perform and look resonable And not look like a parts bin special....

Bike
    06 scrambler,xrl,
    Blog Entries
    Did i mention the quick shifter and slipper clutch...

Bike
    '76 CB550 Super Sport
    Quote Originally Posted by tri boy View Post
    Did i mention the quick shifter and slipper clutch...
    Don't need them for a good time on a 75hp motorcycle. Pretty standard fair these days anyway. It's like saying your new car has mag wheels and Blue tooth connectivity... Slipper clutches have been onvarios road bike models since the mid '80s...

Bike
    Blandit 1200, DRZ250 K, Beta xtrainer
    Opinions, arseholes, everybody's got one. Points to the manufacturer for not being afraid to try something different. When l first saw one, l thought that's just try hard hipster, but they are very capable and well specced.

Bike
    None
    Blog Entries
    Stop being reasonable, you're ruining everyone else's fun.
    If a man is alone in the woods and there isn't a woke Hollywood around to call him racist, is he still white?

Bike
    '76 CB550 Super Sport
    Opinions, arseholes, everybody's got one. Points to the manufacturer for not being afraid to try something different. When l first saw one, l thought that's just try hard hipster, but they are very capable and well specced.
    It's not alone. There's a ton of ugly m/cs on the market at the moment.

Bike
    Indian Scout

+ 1 who lies the Husky

Quote Originally Posted by tri boy View Post
    Like I said. One mans etc etc, The world would be boring if we all rode the same machine. Might just buy one to stick it to the conformists.
    Boring the Black Arrow certainly is not. Lets call it Black Arrow (the translation) and stop fooling ourselves that we can speak Swedish. I just picked up mine from Taupo today, unridden, which is a gamble but turns out I won. What a fun ride home. Swung inland at Mangaweka to Kimbolton. The perfect tight hilly roads for the Husky 701.

I got the chance to pick up a near new one off a friend who wasn't using it. His loss, my bargain. Took a few attempts to get the TC turned off, a bit temperamental that switch I think. Weird tyres but I got them to the edge and never a moment. Going by the fuel readout it supposedly will do 260km on its 12 litres. My first fill worked out at 24.5 km/l so yeah 260-280 range should be achievable.
    I'm keeping the 390Adv until I've done the Molesworth and Rainbow valleys and some gravel road exploring around Tasman in December. But after that I will just keep the Husky. I like the looks myself but can see how they are a marmite thing. Surprisingly the Missus who rarely has an opinion on my rides really liked it.

Ample power for my needs. 5 hours riding, just a quick fuel stop and comfy as can be. Seat is a tad too firm but I didn't get a sore bum. I ditched the ugly insect antenna vibrating mirrors 5 minutes after collecting it. The little ones actually work well.

My only gripe is that most of the useful dash info. is piss poor hard to read on the move. Inexcusable in these days of quality readouts. You always know what gear and speed but the trip and clock and amusing data stuff are near microscopic.
    Still. It's a KEEPER without a doubt.
    Oh my sub-title should read likes, not lies!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	007.jpg 
Views:	53 
Size:	1,016.3 KB 
ID:	347302   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	001b.jpg 
Views:	42 
Size:	167.9 KB 
ID:	347303   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	006.jpg 
Views:	43 
Size:	1.01 MB 
ID:	347304  
    Happiness is a means of travel, not a destination

Bike
    Indian Scout
    Oh yeah when I got home I threw my Givi panniers over the back seat and spot on. Luggage = sorted.

I was surprised at how little wind buffeting I got today but I like some rain protection so I think I will fit a Givi 603 handlebar mounted screen.
    Happiness is a means of travel, not a destination

Bike
    06 scrambler,xrl,
    Blog Entries
    Enjoy the ride.
    My brother in law has secured a 2020 white arrow.
    Clip ons an more suitable rim sizes for sticky tyres.
    He gets it next w/end off NV cycles in Morrinsville.
    Husky only imported about 6, but I heard a whisper they are building a 801 twin hmmmmm.

Bike
    None
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by MD View Post
    Oh yeah when I got home I threw my Givi panniers over the back seat and spot on. Luggage = sorted.

I was surprised at how little wind buffeting I got today but I like some rain protection so I think I will fit a Givi 603 handlebar mounted screen.
    A Shvitpilen is better then no pilen.
    If a man is alone in the woods and there isn't a woke Hollywood around to call him racist, is he still white?

Thread Information