Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Things on your motorcycle that aren't really needed.

Bike
    '76 CB550 Super Sport
    Quote Originally Posted by FJRider View Post
    I once (ok ... more than once) rode pillion on a chicks bike ... I had no gloves but she had pockets in her jacket ...
    Did her tits hang down that low?

Bike
    Street Triple R
    Quote Originally Posted by Bonez View Post
    .......So you have the rest of your body warmed except for your hands. Seems logical.....Like it's not like wee have Antartic temperatures around this neck of the woods.....
    if you have a heated jacket, you buy heated gloves. they plug into handy cords provided at the end of the sleeves. I don't have one but I know someone who does.
    I thought elections were decided by angry posts on social media. - F5 Dave

Bike
    '76 CB550 Super Sport
    Quote Originally Posted by HenryDorsetCase View Post
    if you have a heated jacket, you buy heated gloves. they plug into handy cords provided at the end of the sleeves. I don't have one but I know someone who does.
    I did actually know that. Never had to use heated vest/'jackets or heated grip/gloves in my past either. Just adapt to what weather protection the bike does or does not have....Seemed to get around both islands for decades in all sorts of weather conditions though....Did random things like in midwinter when it's pissing down pop over to see the folks in Havelock North via the Taihapi- Napier road before it was sealed just for the hell of it.

Seeing as I found a set of old Daytona heated grips in my paerts stash I'm going to try them out and make up my own mind how useful they are. The XF doesn't have the greatest m/c charging system so may even have the add another source of electrickery storage. Maybe even a dynamo the back wheel....

Bike
    1993 Yamaha FJ 1200
    Blog Entries
    Did her tits hang down that low?
    Long arms ...
    When life throws you a curve ... Lean into it ...

Bike
    None
    Blog Entries
    Me. I'm holding it back.
    If a man is alone in the woods and there isn't a woke Hollywood around to call him racist, is he still white?

Bike
    suzuki
    Quote Originally Posted by HenryDorsetCase View Post
    no, heated jacket warms the core and sends blood to the fingers and toes, normally when you get cold the body limits the flow to these areas and that's why you're so cold.

Bike
    suzuki
    I did actually know that. Never had to use heated vest/'jackets or heated grip/gloves in my past either. Just adapt to what weather protection the bike does or does not have....Seemed to get around both islands for decades in all sorts of weather conditions though....Did random things like in midwinter when it's pissing down pop over to see the folks in Havelock North via the Taihapi- Napier road before it was sealed just for the hell of it.

Seeing as I found a set of old Daytona heated grips in my paerts stash I'm going to try them out and make up my own mind how useful they are. The XF doesn't have the greatest m/c charging system so may even have the add another source of electrickery storage. Maybe even a dynamo the back wheel....
    i used to tough it out till i went to the bras with a mate who had heated grips, knew we would be pushing it so grabbed a heated jacket. i'd only use it at a pinch cause toughing it out was part of the adventure, but then i found how clear the mind was when not cold, it wasn't a case of being warm i sought after that it was a clearer head which meant is was a much safer ride simply. with the jacket too i didn't have to bulk up on clothes, everything was betterer

Bike
    Suzuki Smash 2016. (Yes, really!)
    During this time of lockdown... Wheels!
    "Statistics are used as a drunk uses lampposts - for support, not illumination."

Thread Information