Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 38

Thread: Things on your motorcycle that aren't really needed.

  1. #1
    Join Date
    24th September 2004 - 06:46
    Bike
    '76 CB550 Super Sport
    Location
    On the road to nowhere...
    Posts
    6,767

    Things on your motorcycle that aren't really needed.

    As per title what was on your m/c new that wasn't actually necessary. On the XF650 it's a silly guard the sits between the horn and lower triple clamp.
    I imagine it was there to stop shit from ficking up into the cowling area. In reality it does didly squat and is just an annoyance when working in the faring and front steering components in general so I perminantely removed it before todays imaginary 70km run.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMAG0360.JPG 
Views:	58 
Size:	529.1 KB 
ID:	345190  
    "Every time you set your ass on a bike, you're playing a game of Russian Roulette between yourself and your own stupidity."

  2. #2
    Join Date
    5th January 2007 - 14:58
    Bike
    motocompo
    Location
    Buttfuck nowhere
    Posts
    5,117
    Quote Originally Posted by Bonez View Post
    As per title what was on your m/c new that wasn't actually necessary. On the XF650 it's a silly guard the sits between the horn and lower triple clamp.
    I imagine it was there to stop shit from ficking up into the cowling area. In reality it does didly squat and is just an annoyance when working in the faring and front steering components in general so I perminantely removed it before todays imaginary 70km run.
    I wonder what happens to airflow over the fairing when it's raining, or more, where the rain ends up going now.

  3. #3
    Join Date
    24th September 2004 - 06:46
    Bike
    '76 CB550 Super Sport
    Location
    On the road to nowhere...
    Posts
    6,767
    Quote Originally Posted by sidecar bob View Post
    I wonder what happens to airflow over the fairing when it's raining, or more, where the rain ends up going now.
    Straight in to the oil cooler as it has always done. The cover did not actually (sic) cover much. No dust was forced through on todays imaginary run either. I was going to trim a inch off each end but now I don't have to do that.
    "Every time you set your ass on a bike, you're playing a game of Russian Roulette between yourself and your own stupidity."

  4. #4
    Join Date
    5th January 2007 - 14:58
    Bike
    motocompo
    Location
    Buttfuck nowhere
    Posts
    5,117
    You might find that water drops gets blown up from under the fairing past the instruments & on to you.
    Don't throw it too far yet.

  5. #5
    Join Date
    24th September 2004 - 06:46
    Bike
    '76 CB550 Super Sport
    Location
    On the road to nowhere...
    Posts
    6,767
    Quote Originally Posted by sidecar bob View Post
    You might find that water drops gets blown up from under the fairing past the instruments & on to you.
    Don't throw it too far yet.
    Being a part of a current ride I tend not to throw things out. Well that's what wifey says anyway. It can be repurposed in a few plastic weld repairs if needed as well.
    "Every time you set your ass on a bike, you're playing a game of Russian Roulette between yourself and your own stupidity."

  6. #6
    Join Date
    19th January 2006 - 19:13
    Bike
    mutton dressed up as lamb and a 73 XL250
    Location
    On any given sunday?
    Posts
    9,020
    Mirrors spring to mind on the TL,needed yes but totally useless unless you have see through shoulders.
    Be the person your dog thinks you are...

  7. #7
    Join Date
    13th February 2006 - 13:12
    Bike
    raptor 1000
    Location
    Dunedin
    Posts
    2,908
    Quote Originally Posted by 98tls View Post
    Mirrors spring to mind on the TL,needed yes but totally useless unless you have see through shoulders.
    a guy i used to work with years ago had a mate with a triumph, he reckoned the guy only used the mirrors to look at himself

  8. #8
    Join Date
    1st February 2004 - 11:00
    Bike
    MG V11 Nero Corsa LeMans
    Location
    out west a chch
    Posts
    9,077
    water cooling... more than 2 valves per pot... actually more than two pots... fuel guage, temp guage, well most idiot lights... traction control, quick shifters, remote suspension, fuck it suspension... power modes LOL... sheepskins... and fucking heated grips...
    cheers DD
    (Definately Dodgy)



  9. #9
    Join Date
    24th September 2004 - 06:46
    Bike
    '76 CB550 Super Sport
    Location
    On the road to nowhere...
    Posts
    6,767
    Quote Originally Posted by dangerous View Post
    water cooling... more than 2 valves per pot... actually more than two pots... fuel guage, temp guage, well most idiot lights... traction control, quick shifters, remote suspension, fuck it suspension... power modes LOL... sheepskins... and fucking heated grips...
    I agree on all except the last two..... Sheep skins protect vinyl from uv rays and heated grips speak for themselve- yeah I'm stuck in the '80sish Oh and there is some other stuff I disagreeee with. Vou also forgot slipper clutch btw..... I like the bump start option no matter how potty the m/c is.....What's remote suspension and how does it work? Is it mounted on a trailer towen behind the bike? Never heard of fuck suspension but I haven't really been keeping up with the most resent fads that make new things look old. Idiot riders still need idiot lights. My understanding is more pot mkakes you feel happier.

    Here have a gummy.....

    Oh and carb per cylinder on aq multi cylender m/c is a waste of resources....
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20200328_121438[1].jpg 
Views:	9 
Size:	728.6 KB 
ID:	345198  
    "Every time you set your ass on a bike, you're playing a game of Russian Roulette between yourself and your own stupidity."

  10. #10
    Join Date
    1st February 2004 - 11:00
    Bike
    MG V11 Nero Corsa LeMans
    Location
    out west a chch
    Posts
    9,077
    Quote Originally Posted by Bonez View Post

    Here have a gummy......
    what the fuck do I want with a gummy... just cos you have no teeth and need the sheepskin for ya hemroids...
    cheers DD
    (Definately Dodgy)



  11. #11
    Join Date
    24th September 2004 - 06:46
    Bike
    '76 CB550 Super Sport
    Location
    On the road to nowhere...
    Posts
    6,767
    Quote Originally Posted by dangerous View Post
    what the fuck do I want with a gummy... just cos you have no teeth and need the sheepskin for ya hemroids...
    my hermeriods are just fine. Thought you could need some help with yours... Teeth are fab as well...... Have another one....the suger might perk you up....
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20200328_121438[1].jpg 
Views:	8 
Size:	728.6 KB 
ID:	345199  
    "Every time you set your ass on a bike, you're playing a game of Russian Roulette between yourself and your own stupidity."

  12. #12
    Join Date
    25th October 2002 - 17:30
    Bike
    GSXR1000
    Location
    Christchurch
    Posts
    8,494
    Blog Entries
    1
    Left side clipon/handlebar.
    http://www.kiwibiker.co.nz/forums/signaturepics/sigpic31_1.gif

  13. #13
    Join Date
    5th January 2007 - 14:58
    Bike
    motocompo
    Location
    Buttfuck nowhere
    Posts
    5,117
    Quote Originally Posted by onearmedbandit View Post
    Left side clipon/handlebar.
    Cheater

  14. #14
    Join Date
    9th May 2008 - 21:23
    Bike
    2013 Busa 2013 FJR1300
    Location
    Northern Waikato
    Posts
    2,428
    The speed limiter on my Busa
    If the words I say offend you, imagine the ones I keep to myself...

  15. #15
    Join Date
    28th May 2006 - 19:35
    Bike
    suzuki
    Location
    lower hutt
    Posts
    7,194
    indicators on pretty much any harley

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •