Thread: Greetings from Tasmania

Bike
    Aprilia RS125

Greetings from Tasmania

Hi all.

I joined the KB forum because it is such a simply awesome bike builders resource. I constantly use it for reference and inspiration. And thank you to all those that do contribute to it. I had a lowside last week and broke bones and road rash. i was wearing a t shirt - tracky dacks and carbon fibre helmet. Just out to test a new plug. I have 7 bikes in the shed and always owned one or 2, big bikes and small. 6 kids and a beautiful wife. I ride an Aprilia rs125 because it costs me $240 a year in rego in Tasmania and i get to use go kart parts on it. Its probably the cheapest road registered track bike in Australia.

Anyway i hope your all well over there. Beautiful weather heading your way.

Have a great day Phillip

Bike
    '76 CB550 Super Sport
    Welcome to the funny farm.....

Bike
    motocompo
    Hey Philip, welcome.
    What year is your RS125.
    I'm going to get mine out today & get it going, after being tucked away for a few years. Will post pics in the Projects At Home thread.
    Ive embarrased a lot of guys on much bigger bikes on it. Total party on wheels.
    Post a pic or two.

Bike
    As many as I can get away with
    Quote Originally Posted by sidecar bob View Post
    Hey Philip, welcome.
    What year is your RS125.
    I'm going to get mine out today & get it going, after being tucked away for a few years. Will post pics in the Projects At Home thread.
    Ive embarrased a lot of guys on much bigger bikes on it. Total party on wheels.
    Post a pic or two.
    Hope the scratches your wife put on it buff out

Bike
    motocompo
    Quote Originally Posted by swarfie View Post
    Hope the scratches your wife put on it buff out
    It's been eleven years & 'd just let that go, now you have re opened the wound.
    It got a couple of new bits & it's good as new.
    I kept her though, it was the right decision though, with the benefit of time.

Bike
    Africa Twin! 2018 all the fruit!
    Quote Originally Posted by sidecar bob View Post
    It's been eleven years & 'd just let that go, now you have re opened the wound.
    It got a couple of new bits & it's good as new.
    I kept her though, it was the right decision though, with the benefit of time.
    Wot, ? The bike! yep good call. Oh dear youré right in it now aye.
    Every day above ground is a good day!:

Bike
    Aprilia RS125
    Hi all, Nice to meet you.

My wife has been so good to me. Thankfully i was an idiot before we even met. I have a couple of Aprilias, Road and track. Neither bike has had any real cylinder work done other than a few bumps removed. but between them have lots of off the shelf go fast bits and when i cant afford it a fair bit of elbow grease. So will make the most of this isolation and broken shoulder thing and get into mapping a cylinder this week and figure out where i need it to be as the build progresses. The road bike is geared so i don't lose my licence to easily. And is already 30 kph faster than it was when i started. Tuned length arrow, 46mm short and interestingly the same distance the header sits over the flange. I have a VHM head but running a 14.5CR go kart head and hitting 12k rpm smoothly, Its like a whipper snipper on steroids. polished venturi, vforce3 etc. Lots of little things are going into it all the time, offset woodruff, micro polished gears, ceramic bearings, forged 115 conrod eventually. 8400 PV controller, race plug etc. Perfect for getting milk from the shops if your in a hurry for a coffee or cup of tea. Or in my case skidding gracefully down the road sideways.
    ATTACH=CONFIG]345284[/ATTACH]
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	01cef3a667ec71ead560a972bbefc224.jpg 
Views:	50 
Size:	44.3 KB 
ID:	345283
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ae61f4f736c93519a9eabfb5da412d03.jpg 
Views:	53 
Size:	46.6 KB 
ID:	345284  

Bike
    motocompo
    It sounds like a heap if fun with all those mods.
    I've got an '03, where you do a "bridge removal" by digging into the rear of the cdi & breaking a bridge in the board & filling the hole with silicone.
    I've also fitted an arrow chamber. I did fit a Polini 154 big bore kit briefly, it had the powerband of a GN250 & was about as much fun to ride, so back to 125.

Thread Information