Thread: V8 Supercars E-Series.

Bike
    GSXR1000

V8 Supercars E-Series.

This came up on my FB feed last night so I figured I'd check it out for a few moments. Ended up watching for over an hour. Spectacular racing with at times hard to distinguish between real life and computer graphics. Sure it's not real but whatever it's some free fun entertainment. Skip through random times to get an idea of how impressive some of the shots are.

Bike
    Not a Hayabusa anymore
    The F1 E-racing series has been quite funny.

Some of the younger F1 drivers (looking at you Landoooooooo norris) have used E-Sports as a training tool and also a bit of fun, whereas some of the other people are new to it (Alex Albon I believe setup an E-Sports rig a week before the series)

They've been not super serious, they've had Jenson Button in, some people who are notorious in the E-Racing scene on Youtube etc.

Charles LeClarc is as much of a beast in a Racing Sim as he is in the real thing.

but despite all of that, there's something 'missing', I can't put my finger on what it is exactly and whilst it's been entertaining, I'd prefer the real thing.
    Physics; Thou art a cruel, heartless Bitch-of-a-Mistress

Bike
    Suzuki Smash 2016. (Yes, really!)
    Quote Originally Posted by TheDemonLord View Post
    The F1 E-racing series has been quite funny.

But despite all of that, there's something 'missing', I can't put my finger on what it is exactly and whilst it's been entertaining, I'd prefer the real thing.
    I felt the same way. There seemed to be a certain 'artificiality' about it. Instead, I'm watching a series of doco's called 'The Amazon of the East' about a river

and its environs on the island of Borneo. Finding it very interesting!
    "Statistics are used as a drunk uses lampposts - for support, not illumination."

Bike
    GSXR1000
    Quote Originally Posted by TheDemonLord View Post

but despite all of that, there's something 'missing', I can't put my finger on what it is exactly and whilst it's been entertaining, I'd prefer the real thing.
    Quote Originally Posted by Daffyd View Post
    I felt the same way. There seemed to be a certain 'artificiality' about it. Instead, I'm watching a series of doco's called 'The Amazon of the East' about a river

and its environs on the island of Borneo. Finding it very interesting!
    Of course it's not the real thing, it will always been second fiddle to real racing. But regardless it's very impressive for what it is. However I hope we will return to normal broadcast soon!
    Last edited by onearmedbandit; 11th April 2020 at 22:14.

Thread Information