Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: I hate f^%&$ Apple Inc and all things Apple

Bike
    Quiet plodder
    Back in the day I was given a Motorola phone. Best thing was it had on board voice message service. Didnt need to dial out to get messages. It probably still works but the cell network was phased out.

Had several flip phones both mobile and land line based all died either battery or flip hinge caused the wires to break etc. Didnt help being squashed between chest and a piece of machinery I was working on either.

Got a Samsung 4 mini after much deliberation.
    It was good but lots of crap. Just ignored that.

Later got a iPad it's been great for surfing the web but that's all I use it for. Would recommend it just for that.
    Battery life is good and software updates aren't that often now.

The Samsung phones are released they are not complete. The marketing people want to make sales but the manufacturing dept hasn't finished, so they smash something together to get it out the door. The reviewers only day good things so they get asked back again next release. Over the next few months the software is upgraded/completed. They have been getting better with their later releases, having found that lots of crapware really doesnt help fix bugs etc. And most people dont use aot of it.

Mates of mine swear by their Apples. Always looks like nice tech, I just never seem to be their market.

As usual the marketing dept hypes up devices which the manufacturing dept always playing catchup.

Sounds like motorbike reviews on web. Lots of gloss not a lot of long term in depth reviews.
    Really how does your machine perform at night in the dark?

Other hardware/software is just the same.

The Samsung stuff has improved IMHO but I only use the basic stuff. The first 6 months had been frustrating now after a few updates it's running much smoother and how it was promised.

The apple basically runs as promised from the day I got it.

Apart from me learning how to use it.

This goes for any manfacturer:
    Far too many security updates.
    And
    A!@#holes who like to create havoc with viruses and ransomware.
    And
    Subscription based payments.

READ AND UDESTAND

Bike
    Indian Scout
    Just an update to my frustrations unleashed in the op.

I goggled reset frozen ipods [Oh I'm not alone] and eventually one, of many silly suggested reset technics, did restart the wonderful, always co-operative, fantastic, easy to use device. Although the recommended process was hold two particular buttons for 8 seconds, whilst standing on your left foot, in pink underwear, eating a banana in the dark, life did re-enter the 'self selected non-operational' device, although it took 12 seconds not 8. I was worried my Missuses pink undies were possibly not the right shade to appease Apple Inc.

I still have the dilemma that one day again it will, at it's will choose to become non-operational and I dumped my decades of CDs that once upon a time were safely burned and stored on my Apple library. Still I sunk a few brandy's tonight to celebrate listening to my music that I paid to listen too.

Thank you Apple. And in case there's any confusion I still hate bloody Apple
    Happiness is a means of travel, not a destination

Bike
    RZ496/Street 765RS/GasGas/ etc etc
    Blog Entries
    Which is why I still like paper motorcycle magazines.

I paid for them and can pull out some old ones from a box and reread the article about some crazy project bike or derusting petrol tanks.
    Don't you look at my accountant.
    He's the only one I've got.

Bike
    1982 Suzuki GS1100GK, 2008 KLR650
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by MD View Post
    Just an update to my frustrations unleashed in the op.

I still have the dilemma that one day again it will, at it's will choose to become non-operational and I dumped my decades of CDs that once upon a time were safely burned and stored on my Apple library. Still I sunk a few brandy's tonight to celebrate listening to my music that I paid to listen too.

Thank you Apple. And in case there's any confusion I still hate bloody Apple
    Now that its working again, wouldn't this be a good time to download your apple library to a portable hard drive and keep a backup?
    it's not a bad thing till you throw a KLR into the mix.
    those cheap ass bitches can do anything with ductape.
    (PostalDave on ADVrider)

Bike
    Indian Scout
    Quote Originally Posted by pete376403 View Post
    Now that its working again, wouldn't this be a good time to download your apple library to a portable hard drive and keep a backup?
    Good idea I will give it a go.

Bike
    '76 CB550 Super Sport
    It's what I suggested to pritch but I dought he will take any action.

Bike
    2014 Honda NC750X
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by pritch View Post
    A couple of hours after I bought my Samsung I wanted to throw it at the wall. That impulse recurred regularly.

When it started to play up I bought an iPhone SE. It was like coming home.
    I'm going to be pissed off when they stop supporting it.
    Now you can buy a new iPhone SE if you so desire.

https://www.apple.com/nz/iphone-se/
    Moe: Well, I'm better than dirt. Well, most kinds of dirt. I mean not that fancy store bought dirt. That stuffs loaded with nutrients. I...I can't compete with that stuff.
    - The Simpsons

Bike
    Exxon Valdez
    I bloody love Spotify premium

Bike
    Triumph Speed Triple
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by nerrrd View Post
    Now you can buy a new iPhone SE if you so desire.
    Yes, that has been long predicted to arrive. Should some unforeseen event befall my phone and I need a new one, that's what I'd like to replace it. I'm in no rush to hand over $800 plus though. On a motorbike perhaps, on a phone nah.
    There is a grey blur, and a green blur. I try to stay on the grey one. - Joey Dunlop

Bike
    2014 Honda NC750X
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by pritch View Post
    Yes, that has been long predicted to arrive. Should some unforeseen event befall my phone and I need a new one, that's what I'd like to replace it. I'm in no rush to hand over $800 plus though. On a motorbike perhaps, on a phone nah.
    My latest android phone cost $220, so doubt I'll ever own one of these (even second hand).
    Last edited by nerrrd; 17th April 2020 at 15:30. Reason: Sp.
    Moe: Well, I'm better than dirt. Well, most kinds of dirt. I mean not that fancy store bought dirt. That stuffs loaded with nutrients. I...I can't compete with that stuff.
    - The Simpsons

Bike
    '76 CB550 Super Sport
    Quote Originally Posted by nerrrd View Post
    My lastest android phone cost $220, so doubt I'll ever own one of these (even second hand).
    My Nokia cost less than that ($60) and it does what I want just nicely. I use it as a weli,umm a phone.

Bike
    Exxon Valdez
    I paid $1200 for my current Samsung, as a package with a bunch of wireless gadgets to go with it.
    It's fucken brill.

Bike
    Indian Scout

Bastard Apple playing up again

Guess I should be grateful fucking Apple allowed me another 2 years using their device that I paid them for. So now my iTunes account has decided to no longer recognise the identity of my device. The same device I have been plugging in for years. Quick search and it seems to be another familiar piss off tactic deliberately programmed into their fucking useless gadgets. Their Support/Help site is full of what to do if they cease to recognise your Apple device. For fucks sake, just DON'T CEASE TO RECOGNISE ANYONES DEVICES!! Arseholes.

Try this, try that, try another cable, try another port, restart blah blah, check you have latest version. Thanks, I did all that and no luck. The nano still works I just can't add anymore songs to it. Guess it's finally time to join Spotify. Going to visit the Apple store in town though to let them know how much I appreciate their shit useless Helpful Support site.

Bike
    Aprillia RSV1000R 92 KX500
    Blog Entries
    Bugga mate, I resisted streaming services for sooooo long. Then my kids put a gun to my head and made me get spotify, never looked back! A fantastic service

Bike
    Indian Scout
    Quote Originally Posted by sugilite View Post
    Bugga mate, I resisted streaming services for sooooo long. Then my kids put a gun to my head and made me get spotify, never looked back! A fantastic service
    Cheers. Same here, my kids keep telling me to go Spotify. Just leaves a bad taste that I spent years and $$$ paying for my music library that I am being denied access too.

Thread Information