Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: I hate f^%&$ Apple Inc and all things Apple

Bike
    Indian Scout

I hate f^%&$ Apple Inc and all things Apple

For years I have detested Apple and it's attempts to become a monopoly and how it forces Customers to use it's products. It's a filthy greedy corporate with no conscience.

My previous employer forced upon us I-Phone 1 to 16 or whatever rip-off number is in fashion. I'm a Samsung man myself. I found the I-Phones bloody useless to navigate and programmed to self destruct after 13 months 3 day 1 hour 2.4 minutes. I firmly believe there are two words that are forbidden to be used or considered by Apple employees- USER FRIENDLY. They have absolutely no bloody concept of the words.

Their products remind me of an old Rolls Royce statement. Our cars never break down. They may choose to be non-operational

Sadly for me I like music and I-Tunes was a good source to collate my many years of favourites onto a single device. So I spent many dollars buying songs and therefore have the right to play them on my stinking Apple Ipod. Here's the "piss me off bit"

Mini IPod 1 -after 13m 3d 2.4 hours the buttons cease to work. Oh, just buy a new one, cheaper than repair. Ok
    Upgrade to nano something or other. About 13m, 3 d 2.4 hours later that one decides to choose not to be operational. $379 later I buy a 3rd one. Only to be told they will no longer be manufactured and I must buy an I-Phone. F&^$# you Apple I think, how dare Apple force me to buy their stinking useless phones for $1,000+ just to listen to music I HAVE PAID APPLE FOR THE PRIVILEGE TO OWN AND LISTEN TOO

So tonight I get home from a stressful week at work, crack a wine put on nano, hear a few songs to relax me and ..while on 25% charge it just decides to be ..wait for it - become non operational. This is my 3rd nano in about 7 years to F&^&%$ shut itself down. This one did this about 6 months ago and after 3 days it just magically decided to re-activate. Until then nothing worked, no buttons did anything, plugging it in and out of charge made no f$%#@ difference. I just have to wait a few days now to see if f%$#@ Apple chooses to let me listen to music I have f*&% paid them to listen too.

If you are unclear how I feel it is 'Fuck you Apple, I hate Apple'
    Happiness is a means of travel, not a destination

Bike
    '76 CB550 Super Sport
    Samsung and x86 house hold here. Used Macs years ago in the production of aircraft maintenance and training manuals. Got a Mac SE that still runs fine. Don't really understand the Mac fanboyism at all. Having kept an eye on Macs for a few years now watching Louis Rossman doing his thing wrt Apple repairs I,m never going to own one. The whole idea is gto get costomers trapped in their ecosystem.

Bike
    GSXR1000
    Avoided Apple products for years until I was forced to use an iPhone 4s. 9 or so years later I'm on an iPhone X (due to be replaced soon) as I find they do everything I need, are user friendly and well supported.

Bike
    motocompo
    My carefully looked after apple I pad decided to make life difficult, by making stuff I like to look at on trademe impossible to access, then, it eventually decided that this site was too risky to use.
    It's in the bookshelf now & I'm using a new Samsung device.
    How would you feel if you took your car in for a service, & they said the heater & aircond were now shut down & the best option was to buy a new car?

Bike
    Triumph Speed Triple
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by MD View Post
    This one did this about 6 months ago and after 3 days it just magically decided to re-activate. Until then nothing worked, no buttons did anything, plugging it in and out of charge made no f$%#@ difference. I just have to wait a few days now to see if f%$#@ Apple chooses to let me listen to music I have f*&% paid them to listen too
    You don't seem to have mentioned a reset? Depending on which model, a reset involves connecting to power and simultaneously pressing two buttons or some other pattern of pressing the controls.

For instance:

"iPad with Home button, iPhone 6s or earlier, and iPod touch (6th generation) or earlier: Press and hold both the Home and the Top (or Side) buttons at the same time. Keep holding them until you see the recovery mode screen"

If none of that covers your device try this:
    https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT201412

My ancient MacBook Pro is on it's way out, so Black Friday I bought a MacBook Air on special. There are about 2,500 songs in iTunes on the MacBook Pro and very few on the Air which wants me to pay for Apple Music - or apparently pay Apple $40 per year to access music I already payed for in iTunes.

So while I'm an Apple fan I do have this one niggle which I need to resolve.
    There is a grey blur, and a green blur. I try to stay on the grey one. - Joey Dunlop

Bike
    Indian Scout
    Quote Originally Posted by pritch View Post
    You don't seem to have mentioned a reset? Depending on which model, a reset involves connecting to power and simultaneously pressing two buttons or some other pattern of pressing the controls.

For instance:

"iPad with Home button, iPhone 6s or earlier, and iPod touch (6th generation) or earlier: Press and hold both the Home and the Top (or Side) buttons at the same time. Keep holding them until you see the recovery mode screen"

If none of that covers your device try this:
    https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT201412

My ancient MacBook Pro is on it's way out, so Black Friday I bought a MacBook Air on special. There are about 2,500 songs in iTunes on the MacBook Pro and very few on the Air which wants me to pay for Apple Music - or apparently pay Apple $40 per year to access music I already payed for in iTunes.

So while I'm an Apple fan I do have this one niggle which I need to resolve.
    Feel free mate to share the secret society handshake, multi-button press simultaneously, process. I did try that approach. What simply pisses me off is I have paid Apple a lot of money to be allowed to listen to songs I paid them for, which they so kindly sold to me, on their useless products that they so kindly sold to me- AND THEY FUCKING KEEP SHUTTING ME OUT and suggesting I upgrade to their latest product.

Let me repeat- I fucking hate Apple. Nano's at $379 a pop. How many should I have bought to work beyond 13 months?
    ps- It's a nano 7 last release

Bike
    1982 Suzuki GS1100GK, 2008 KLR650
    Blog Entries
    Minor point. You dont own the music (movie, whatever) purchased on iTunes, you purchased the right to listen (view, etc) only. "When you lawfully buy a physical CD, DVD or book, for example, the Copyright Act allows you to sell, lend or give away your copy, because you own it. But that’s not the case for digital copies, as Apple’s terms and conditions explicitly states.

So if you buy a movie via the iTunes store or to stream on Amazon, for example, you’re essentially buying a license to watch the film as long as it remains on the platform — you’re not buying ownership of the file itself."
    it's not a bad thing till you throw a KLR into the mix.
    those cheap ass bitches can do anything with ductape.
    (PostalDave on ADVrider)

Bike
    Africa Twin! 2018 all the fruit!
    Android, all the way, having said tht apple does make it easier to use their shit than android.
    But given the choice I'd always shove the iphone straight up Apple Core!
    Sympathise wtih you 100%.
    I
    Every day above ground is a good day!:

Bike
    Street Triple R
    For years I have detested Apple and it's attempts to become a monopoly and how it's forces Customers to use it's products. It's a filthy greedy corporate with no conscience.

My previous employer forced upon us I-Phone 1 to 16 or whatever rip-off number is in fashion. I'm a Samsung man myself. I found the I-Phones bloody useless to navigate and programmed to self destruct after 13 months 3 day 1 hour 2.4 minutes. I firmly believe there are two words that are forbidden to be used or considered by Apple employees- USER FRIENDLY. They have absolutely no bloody concept of the words.

Their products remind me of an old Rolls Royce statement. Our cars never break down. They may choose to be non-operational

Sadly for me I like music and I-Tunes was a good source to collate my many years of favourites onto a single device. So I spent many dollars buying songs and therefore have the right to play them on my stinking Apple Ipod. Here's the "piss me off bit"

Mini IPod 1 -after 13m 3d 2.4 hours the buttons cease to work. Oh, just buy a new one, cheaper than repair. Ok
    Upgrade to nano something or other. About 13m, 3 d 2.4 hours later that one decides to choose not to be operational. $379 later I buy a 3rd one. Only to be told they will no longer be manufactured and I must buy an I-Phone. F&^$# you Apple I think, how dare Apple force me to buy their stinking useless phones for $1,000+ just to listen to music I HAVE PAID APPLE FOR THE PRIVILEGE TO OWN AND LISTEN TOO

So tonight I get home from a stressful week at work, crack a wine put on nano, hear a few songs to relax me and ..while on 25% charge it just decides to be ..wait for it - become non operational. This is my 3rd nano in about 7 years to F&^&%$ shut itself down. This one did this about 6 months ago and after 3 days it just magically decided to re-activate. Until then nothing worked, no buttons did anything, plugging it in and out of charge made no f$%#@ difference. I just have to wait a few days now to see if f%$#@ Apple chooses to let me listen to music I have f*&% paid them to listen too.

If you are unclear how I feel it is 'Fuck you Apple, I hate Apple'
    I hear you. Here's what I did. I have a Samsung phone with 64GB of memory. I have a NAS drive connected to my router. I ripped all of my CD's to the NAS drive and I can listen to that stuff all over my house or in my garage. There's around 1350 of them so a bit of variety. I have Sonos gear which accesses the NAS box, and also internet radio and if I want it Spotify or whatever. I've got a few playlists on my phone.

Ive actually started doing it with movies and TV shows too: buying physical media. Netflix and whatnot is fine, but you're fucked if you are half way through watching a show and it disappears. Plus you get weirdness like the well known documentary series Star Trek having the TV shows on Netflix (yay) but Picard is on PRime. and the movies are not on either... except the JJ-verse ones.

Anyway, you've got options and with a Samsung phone you've got good options.
    I thought elections were decided by angry posts on social media. - F5 Dave

Bike
    Not a Hayabusa anymore
    Samsung 4 lyfe.
    Physics; Thou art a cruel, heartless Bitch-of-a-Mistress

Bike
    big shiney pommy thing
    I Actually USED to like apple I stopped at the iPhone 6 the reason I did as I got sick of having to sign in to apple for every fucking thing I did I fucking hated it after a while and went to a Samsung s9 and there is now no dramas at all and I can actually download things into my phone WITHOUT being fucken made to 'sign in I will never go back to the ios Nazi controlled fucken operating system

Bike
    raptor 1000
    happy apple owner here

Bike
    RZ496/Street 765RS/GasGas/ etc etc
    Blog Entries
    MD, at some point you need to break from the Sunk Cost Fallacy. You have sadly poured good money after bad to retain the initial investment.

Mourn it and let it go. This thread may be therapeutic. I admire your ranty abuse. Good effort, yes they are fuckers.

I'm about to start paying for Spotify I think. With a gazillion songs on my phone people might have given me, I virtually always use Spotify now.

Just getting sick enough of the ads and happy enough with the content and playlists automatically created that I'll look to switch from free model.
    Don't you look at my accountant.
    He's the only one I've got.

Bike
    Indian Scout
    Quote Originally Posted by F5 Dave View Post
    MD, at some point you need to break from the Sunk Cost Fallacy. You have sadly poured good money after bad to retain the initial investment.

Mourn it and let it go. This thread may be therapeutic. I admire your ranty abuse. Good effort, yes they are fuckers.

I'm about to start paying for Spotify I think. With a gazillion songs on my phone people might have given me, I virtually always use Spotify now.

Just getting sick enough of the ads and happy enough with the content and playlists automatically created that I'll look to switch from free model.
    Thanks Dave. I did rather explode yesterday but that was coming off a stressful week and just looking forward to chilling out with my music and then being denied was the last straw. So is the consensus recommendation Spotify. Does that mean I have to buy all my songs again?

Don't think I have any choice soon since 12 months ago my old PC Windows (some 18th century version) was working fine but I plugged in the nano to sync and buy another song only to have a Apple message pop-up say, We Apple have decided you can no longer use your old Windows and must buy a new Apple PC or phone. My response was of course, F*&^ you Apple and I bought a new Windows based laptop. Sadly though on signing in on the new baby the Apple database of my library of hundreds of songs vanished. Still comes up as my account, shows my $ balance etc. I have somehow managed to restore them but the hundreds I loaded up from my CD collection have been booted off. They are still on the nano device itself. Unfortunately I dumped many of the CDs after uploading the songs I liked off each one. So if/when the nano dies I lose half my library.
    Love technology, it's our friend.

Bike
    Triumph Speed Triple
    Blog Entries
    Does that mean I have to buy all my songs again?
    As mentioned Spotify can be had for free but when I tried it there was limited function - and ads now apparently. My brother has it and pays the subscription which gives you control and no ads.

You don't buy songs, you pay a monthly subscription. Like Apple Music - which I will not subscribe to.
    There is a grey blur, and a green blur. I try to stay on the grey one. - Joey Dunlop

Thread Information