Page 148 of 162 FirstFirst ... 4898138146147148149150158 ... LastLast
Results 2,206 to 2,220 of 2423

Thread: The journey that COVID-19 will take us on

Bike
    Daelim VL250 Daystar
    Quote Originally Posted by Berries View Post
    Unless they sneezed.
    That used to be a legitimate explanation for loss of control accident. One former workmate rolled a b train in spectacular fashion blocking sh1 and he got away with that.
    Govt gives you nothing because it creates nothing - Javier Milei

Bike
    It was on the good
    It still is.

Reaching for the water bottle is the one these days.

Bike
    Triumph Speed Triple
    Blog Entries
    NZ Directors of Health are not always qualified in medicine. The previous DoH, appointed by National, was an accountant. Dr Bloomfield's qualifications are in public health. Precisely the right man at the right time. We don't know how lucky we are.
    There is a grey blur, and a green blur. I try to stay on the grey one. - Joey Dunlop

Bike
    KTM 890 Adventure
    Quote Originally Posted by pritch View Post
    NZ Directors of Health are not always qualified in medicine. The previous DoH, appointed by National, was an accountant. Dr Bloomfield's qualifications are in public health. Precisely the right man at the right time. We don't know how lucky we are.
    Could have been worse. Could have been a fucking sight better without Andrew Little's hand up his arse.

https://www.newshub.co.nz/home/polit...-minister.html

Enough what, I wonder.
    Go soothingly on the grease mud, as there lurks the skid demon

Bike
    Triumph Speed Triple
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Ocean1 View Post
    Could have been worse. Could have been a fucking sight better without Andrew Little's hand up his arse.
    Geez some of us have high standards. He only acheived about the world's best results and people are still whinging. According to Seymour and Hoskings the Government's COVID response has been a catastrophe. It would have been if they had any say.
    There is a grey blur, and a green blur. I try to stay on the grey one. - Joey Dunlop

Bike
    Not a Hayabusa anymore
    Geez some of us have high standards. He only acheived about the world's best results and people are still whinging. According to Seymour and Hoskings the Government's COVID response has been a catastrophe. It would have been if they had any say.
    Did HE achieve the best result or did all the geographic factors of NZ (including the Ozone hole) achieve the best result?

Considering all the consequential issues we've had from the Governments response (Destroyed Livelihoods, segregated society, inflation, supply issues etc. etc.) I'd definitely say it's been a catastrophe for a disease with 99%+ survival rate
    Physics; Thou art a cruel, heartless Bitch-of-a-Mistress

Bike
    Aprillia RSV1000R 92 KX500
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by TheDemonLord View Post
    Did HE achieve the best result or did all the geographic factors of NZ (including the Ozone hole) achieve the best result?
    All factors you would likely not mention had it been a conservative government that was getting accolades.

Considering all the consequential issues we've had from the Governments response (Destroyed Livelihoods, segregated society, inflation, supply issues etc. etc.) I'd definitely say it's been a catastrophe for a disease with 99%+ survival rate
    Issues all Governments are dealing right now with, bar the segregation, though the republican party did a great job of politicizing masks and creating segregation that way.

Bike
    KTM 890 Adventure
    I reckon most people could manage to avoid doing what other countries found detrimental a year earlier.
    Otoh, I don't see any new hospital beds, new staff, measurable improvements from the extra billions dumped into the health budget. The opposite, in fact.
    Sure, impossible to claim the opposition's suggestions would have proven beneficial, but unfortunately labour's proven failures in every other field are staring us all in the face, what are the chances their health responses have been the single mitigating success?

Bike
    KTM 890 Adventure
    Did HE achieve the best result
    He was appointed by labour for a reason, what makes you thing Andrew Little's hand wasn't up his ares to the elbow?

Bike
    Triumph Speed Triple
    Blog Entries

Britain is an island but they took wrong decisions, when they finally made a decision, at every turn. Had we followed Johnson's incompetent lead we'd have 10,000 to 13,000 dead.

In your list of consequential issues you failed to mention the psychological damage to children caused by having to wear masks. That's about as serious as the rest of the things you mention. All of which are better than long COVID or the heart problems and loss of grey matter that leave sufferers alive but damaged. Possibly permanently,

Bike
    Not a Hayabusa anymore
    Quote Originally Posted by sugilite View Post
    All factors you would likely not mention had it been a conservative government that was getting accolades.
    No, I'm pretty sure I've been consistent on hating what BoJo did in the UK.

Quote Originally Posted by sugilite View Post
    Issues all Governments are dealing right now with, bar the segregation, though the republican party did a great job of politicizing masks and creating segregation that way.
    How do you come to that conclusion - when the Republican view is/was:

"You can wear a mask if you want to, but we aren't going to force you to"

Whereas the Democrat position was 'You have to wear your mask otherwise you're a terrible person'

One is a Moral Judgement, the other isn't. One leads to segregation along a moral line, the other doesn't.

Bike
    Not a Hayabusa anymore
    Quote Originally Posted by Ocean1 View Post
    He was appointed by labour for a reason, what makes you thing Andrew Little's hand wasn't up his ares to the elbow?
    That's kinda my point - as far as I'm concerned, he's just another Politician who used a crisis to gain more power than he ever should have.

Bike
    Not a Hayabusa anymore
    Britain is an island but they took wrong decisions, when they finally made a decision, at every turn. Had we followed Johnson's incompetent lead we'd have 10,000 to 13,000 dead.
    Britain may be an 'Island', but when it's a major transport hub, with a tunnel to a continent and you can get across the channel in a Rubber Dinghy - not quite the same as NZ, not quite the same by some margin.

In your list of consequential issues you failed to mention the psychological damage to children caused by having to wear masks. That's about as serious as the rest of the things you mention.
    I'm sure I've mentioned that previously in this thread - but thanks for reminding me - Speech development issues, human emotion recognition issues, IQ drop issues.

All of which are better than long COVID or the heart problems and loss of grey matter that leave sufferers alive but damaged. Possibly permanently,
    Is it? Are you seriously trying to say that developmentally crippling a generation of Children is better than letting Grandma have a couple more years of life?

Bike
    KTM 890 Adventure
    That's kinda my point - as far as I'm concerned, he's just another Politician who used a crisis to gain more power than he ever should have.
    And my point was that he had fuck all power beyond that conferred to any other govt "expert" mouthpiece.

Bike
    Daelim VL250 Daystar

In your list of consequential issues you failed to mention the psychological damage to children caused by having to wear masks. That's about as serious as the rest of the things you mention. All of which are better than long COVID or the heart problems and loss of grey matter that leave sufferers alive but damaged. Possibly permanently,
    That still only works out to 20 people a day on overage not as bad as bodies dropping in the street like the media sold us in season one.
    Just under 35,000 people a year die in NZ of other causes which is about 95 people a day and what’s worse is 90% of those are lifestyle preventable illness....

https://www.aia.co.nz/en/about-aia/m...ehaviours.html

We die mostly from chronic heart disease, lung cancer, diabetes, colon cancer and all the other cancers too...

It’s impractical to do the autopsies but you have to wonder how many of our covid casualties were already chronically ill from some of those causes. I’m sure all of us know someone who had late cancer diagnosis appearing otherwise healthy then dying short time later as they had an acute case that was eating away inside...

If Jacinda really cared, if nz really cared we’d bulldoze every KFC and maccas to the ground and ban ALL refined sugar beverages and alcohol. The instant gratification of alcohol and processed foods is what’s really killing us. The fatherless lovechild of politics the roadtoll is almost statistically irrelevant at an average 1 or less person a day...
    The crap we’re eating is killing us faster than your unvaxxed unmasked neighbour ever will...
    Govt gives you nothing because it creates nothing - Javier Milei

Thread Information