Page 15 of 162 FirstFirst ... 513141516172565115 ... LastLast

Thread: The journey that COVID-19 will take us on

Bike
    Twowheeled
    Do you guys think that unvaccinated people will have travel bans after a covid vaccine is produced?

Bike
    suzuki
    Quote Originally Posted by Katman View Post
    Cry me a river Spyda.

Whether you like it or not, in an enlightened egalitarian society, everyone should have the same rights - vaccinated or unvaccinated.
    I clearly said that's their right didn't I? try enlarging the font on your screen.

Bike
    Katanasaurus Rex
    Quote Originally Posted by jellywrestler View Post
    I clearly said that's their right didn't I?
    But you thought you'd still have a little cry about it.

Bike
    Katanasaurus Rex
    we also pay for cancer treatment on people who are on their way out too, and smoking illnesses is so i guess we are going to have to keep NZ shut because of the anti vaxxers....
    And we also pay for the people who fuck their livers up through excessive drinking.

So what exactly is your point?

'Cos I'll tell you what it looks to me like you're trying to achieve....

As if it's not bad enough that we have a certain bloc of New Zealanders trying to alienate other New Zealand citizens and permanent residents who are trying to return home, you appear to be getting in early on the bandwagon (with Grumph tagging along for the ride) of trying to encourage alienation of those who choose not to be vaccinated, if and when one becomes available.

Bike
    Twowheeled
    And we also pay for the people who fuck their livers up through excessive drinking.

As if it's not bad enough that we have a certain bloc of New Zealanders trying to alienate other New Zealand citizens and permanent residents who are trying to return home, you appear to be getting in early on the bandwagon (with Grumph tagging along for the ride) of trying to encourage alienation of those who choose not to be vaccinated, if and when one becomes available.
    Without generalizing, but generally anti-vaxxers are fuckwits.

Bike
    Katanasaurus Rex
    Quote Originally Posted by MaxPenguin View Post
    Without generalizing, but generally anti-vaxxers are fuckwits.
    And therein lies the problem.

Far too many people only ever consider the subject as two extreme opposing views - pro vs anti.

Until those people begin to realise that the truth lies somewhere in the grey area in the middle, there will never be any understanding of someone else's view point.

Bike
    Twowheeled
    And therein lies the problem.

Far too many people only ever consider the subject as two extreme opposing views - pro vs anti.

Until those people begin to realise that the truth lies somewhere in the grey area in the middle, there will never be any understanding of someone else's view point.
    Not really, the anti vaxxers generally have ridiculous opinions on many subjects making them giant pains in the ass.

Bike
    Katanasaurus Rex
    Quote Originally Posted by MaxPenguin View Post
    Not really, the anti vaxxers generally have ridiculous opinions on many subjects making them giant pains in the ass.
    If you really think it's as clear cut as that, you should probably let the Vaccine Injury Compensation Programme know.

You could have saved them over 4 billion dollars by now.

Bike
    GSXR1000
    If there are undeniable links to adverse reactions in certain individuals from a particular vaccine (and I'm not stating either way whether there is or isn't) then I can fully support the right to choice. To force someone to take something that could potentially harm them is inhumane. Unfortunately the spread of fear has meant that there are now many who have no basis for choosing not to get vaccinated other than what they read on facebook. On top of that unless there is an obvious genetic marker how can determine risk? I guess it comes down to a numbers game, one that most of us are willing to play. But do we get to force everyone to play?

This certainly doesn't make me an anti-vaxxer though, I've had all mine, so have my children. In fact I can't think of anyone I know who hasn't.

Bike
    suzuki

This is a discussion, i'm putting in points to consider, it seems that you are determined to pick holes and/or undermine pretty much everything everyone says to me.
    Maybe you should become a talk back host?

Bike
    Katanasaurus Rex
    This is a discussion, i'm putting in points to consider,
    And I'm countering your points.

That's what normally happens in a discussion.

Bike
    husaberg
    Quote Originally Posted by Karen View Post
    If you really think it's as clear cut as that, you should probably let the Vaccine Injury Compensation Programme know.

You could have saved them over 4 billion dollars by now.
    More than 5,300 petitions alleging autism caused by vaccines have been filed in the vaccine court. In 2002, the court instituted the Omnibus Autism Proceeding in which plaintiffs were allowed to proceed with the three cases they considered to be the strongest before a panel of special masters. In each of the cases, the panel found that the plaintiffs had failed to demonstrate a causal effect between the MMR vaccine and autism.

As of OCT 2019 3,454,305,356vaccinations vs 4,153 cases awarded compensation for all vaccines for all conditions .
    I reminder distinctly .

Kinky is using a feather. Perverted is using the whole chicken

Bike
    suzuki
    And I'm countering your points.

That's what normally happens in a discussion.
    yip, but no accusations of are you having a cry and have you been drinking etc.

You also seem to be bringing in other examples like crashing motorcycles rather than actually outlining stuff pertaining to it.

Bike
    Royal Enfield 650 & a V8 or two..
    Quote Originally Posted by husaberg View Post
    More than 5,300 petitions alleging autism caused by vaccines have been filed in the vaccine court. In 2002, the court instituted the Omnibus Autism Proceeding in which plaintiffs were allowed to proceed with the three cases they considered to be the strongest before a panel of special masters. In each of the cases, the panel found that the plaintiffs had failed to demonstrate a causal effect between the MMR vaccine and autism.

As of OCT 2019 3,454,305,356vaccinations vs 4,153 cases awarded compensation for all vaccines for all conditions .

A waste of space those anti-vaxers, probably flat earth society members too...
    Winding up drongos, foil hat wearers and over sensitive KBers for over 14,000 posts...........
    " Life is not a rehearsal, it's as happy or miserable as you want to make it"

Bike
    Katanasaurus Rex
    yip, but no accusations of are you having a cry and have you been drinking etc.

You also seem to be bringing in other examples like crashing motorcycles rather than actually outlining stuff pertaining to it.
    Those points are absolutely pertinent to the discussion that you've raised.

You're suggesting that those who choose not to be vaccinated against Covid-19 will somehow end up costing the country a fortune.

I'm countering that suggestion by pointing out that there are already a great many people costing the country a fortune.

Thread Information