Page 17 of 162 FirstFirst ... 715161718192767117 ... LastLast

Thread: The journey that COVID-19 will take us on

Bike
    Triumph Speed Triple
    Blog Entries
    We had some new cases last week, so the Trump administration is warning Americans not to travel to New Zealand because of a heightened risk of contracting Covid 19.

Brilliant. They couldn't currently come here if they wanted to, and never mind that the risk is monumentally higher where they are.

It seems that when the US Govt hires people they give them an intelligence test. If they fail the test, they get the job.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3sfeIoNGq2k
    There is a grey blur, and a green blur. I try to stay on the grey one. - Joey Dunlop

Bike
    husaberg
    Quote Originally Posted by pritch View Post
    We had some new cases last week, so the Trump administration is warning Americans not to travel to New Zealand because of a heightened risk of contracting Covid 10.

Brilliant. They couldn't currently come here if they wanted to, and never mind that the risk is monumentally higher where they are.

It seems that when the US Govt hires people they give them an intelligence test. If they fail the test, they get the job.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3sfeIoNGq2k
    I cant remember the exat figure but one organisation said American'ts were something like 15000 times more likely to contact covid 19 in their home country than in NZ.
    Quote Originally Posted by Katman View Post
    I reminder distinctly .

Kinky is using a feather. Perverted is using the whole chicken

Bike
    RZ496/Street 765RS/GasGas/ etc etc
    Blog Entries
    Oh Lordy, just watched that. FFS!
    I liked those guys though.

Maybe they are young enough to encourage the rest of the voters to make some change in that fucked up country. 1/3 of the workers have no sick leave entitlement. At all. Guess who they are? The people serving the rest of the country food and many other tasks where its z bad idea to have someone who will drag thier sick arse out of bed as if they dont go to work they cant make rent this week.
    Don't you look at my accountant.
    He's the only one I've got.

Bike
    Triumph Speed Triple
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by husaberg View Post
    I cant remember the exat figure but one organisation said American'ts were something like 15000 times more likely to contact covid 19 in their home country than in NZ.
    Apparently they’ve had 95,000 times as many cases as us. Here’s hoping community transmission doesn’t return here.
    There is a grey blur, and a green blur. I try to stay on the grey one. - Joey Dunlop

Bike
    Indian Scout

Here we go a-bloody-gain.

Bugger bugger shit bastards. What a shocker to hear tonight we have f'ing community spread, and spread it will. I have been so proud to be part of the country that beat the spread and eradicated covid. No known source but ultimately it has to have come from a fucking border breach. All those bleeding liberals going on about peoples rights to return to NZ. THIS IS WHY A CLOSED BORDER SHOULD BE A F'ING CLOSED BORDER.
    Happiness is a means of travel, not a destination

Bike
    Twowheeled
    Quote Originally Posted by MD View Post
    Bugger bugger shit bastards. What a shocker to hear tonight we have f'ing community spread, and spread it will. I have been so proud to be part of the country that beat the spread and eradicated covid. No known source but ultimately it has to have come from a fucking border breach. All those bleeding liberals going on about peoples rights to return to NZ. THIS IS WHY A CLOSED BORDER SHOULD BE A F'ING CLOSED BORDER.
    And fucken billy tekahika and Jamie Lee Ross are right now inciting their followers to rage against the covid response. Fuckers need a good kicking.

Bike
    Not a Hayabusa anymore
    Well, another one to add to the long list of failed Labour projects.

But if they try and go for another big lockdown - they can get fucked.
    Physics; Thou art a cruel, heartless Bitch-of-a-Mistress

Bike
    Twowheeled
    Quote Originally Posted by TheDemonLord View Post
    Well, another one to add to the long list of failed Labour projects.

But if they try and go for another big lockdown - they can get fucked.
    Well do tell us what to do then.

Bike
    Not a Hayabusa anymore
    Quote Originally Posted by MaxPenguin View Post
    Depends on the Context, which for now will be 'Vote the incompetent Fuckers out'.

If we are talking hindsight: Everyone entering the country should have been tested and put into mandatory quarantine until the tests came through. That can either before before the Virus landed in the first instance or the resurgence of cases after the March Lockdown - making the same mistake twice...

In terms of the 'Lockdown can get fucked' - Why should we suffer through it again, when the Government will just open the borders and let the Virus back in?
    Physics; Thou art a cruel, heartless Bitch-of-a-Mistress

Bike
    Twowheeled
    Quote Originally Posted by TheDemonLord View Post
    Depends on the Context, which for now will be 'Vote the incompetent Fuckers out'.

If we are talking hindsight: Everyone entering the country should have been tested and put into mandatory quarantine until the tests came through. That can either before before the Virus landed in the first instance or the resurgence of cases after the March Lockdown - making the same mistake twice...

In terms of the 'Lockdown can get fucked' - Why should we suffer through it again, when the Government will just open the borders and let the Virus back in?
    Don't think any other party would have done a better job, but yeah, the borders should be shut tight now. People have had their chance, and anyone on dual citizenship who don't usually reside here can stay out. Still too many risks in the isolation facilities for my liking. Time to harden up.

Bike
    suzuki
    Don't think any other party would have done a better job, but yeah, the borders should be shut tight now.
    until when? even when a vaccine arrives there will still be 50000 antivaxxers that are at risk, and we will remain locked up forever protecting them, we will never ever win this.

nobody is going to want the death of an anti vaxxer on their hands, so we'll remain in this state for eternity, or until the suicide rate wipes us out.

Bike
    Twowheeled
    Quote Originally Posted by jellywrestler View Post
    until when? even when a vaccine arrives there will still be 50000 antivaxxers that are at risk, and we will remain locked up forever protecting them, we will never ever win this.

nobody is going to want the death of an anti vaxxer on their hands, so we'll remain in this state for eternity, or until the suicide rate wipes us out.
    Fuck the anti vaxxers. It's their choice if they die, most are pro choice anyway.

Bike
    2014 Honda NC750X
    Blog Entries
    Yeah I don't see that any other party's response would have been different, ultimately they all take advice from whoever is the requisite expert and act accordingly.

And I suspect, like we're discovering with the original lockdown itself, the legal ramifications of closing the border completely and making this or that mandatory may well be impossible under the existing framework.

Ultimately it all comes down to co-operation and people acting sensibly, which from the evidence of what's happening at the supermarket again are sadly in short supply.
    Moe: Well, I'm better than dirt. Well, most kinds of dirt. I mean not that fancy store bought dirt. That stuffs loaded with nutrients. I...I can't compete with that stuff.
    - The Simpsons

Bike
    Aprillia RSV1000R 92 KX500
    Blog Entries
    Exactly, the likes of DL assigning the "fault" to a political party that is acknowledged as being World leaders in the handling of Covid19 is par of the course for political left/right handicapped individuals.
    How it is dealt with from this point, should be the actions upon which the current government is judged upon. So far so good, we all got alerts, clear and precise instructions from Government have been published by the media. I believe we have got this.

People can point their fingers at it being a failed border entry and thus the fault of the governing party. These same people seem to forget that a plane is not the only way to enter NZ. All it takes is some arrogant desperado/s to sail into NZ on a yacht and land on any of the hundreds of beaches available for such endeavors in New Zealand. So pointing the finger before facts are known, is well pointless - coincidentally, another gift DL is well endowed with.
    Though if full lock down was ever enforced, I would encourage DL to rebel in protest and we can respect his squealings that will surely be emanating from his cell in prison.

Bike
    RZ496/Street 765RS/GasGas/ etc etc
    Blog Entries
    It was only last week John Key was saying that we have an economic crisis not a health crisis and was advocating easing border restrictions. Good one JK. His cronies would not have locked down as quickly, so let's not have a dumb argument about how it is the current governments fault.

Govt department incompetence is to be expected however and it doesn't matter who is 'in power'.
    Don't you look at my accountant.
    He's the only one I've got.

Thread Information