Page 33 of 162 FirstFirst ... 2331323334354383133 ... LastLast

Thread: The journey that COVID-19 will take us on

Bike
    husaberg
    Quote Originally Posted by RDJ View Post
    "An estimated 750 million, or 10 per cent of the world’s population, have been infected by Covid-19, World Health Organisation (WHO) official Dr Mike Ryan has said."

Right, Dr Ryan.

The WHO also claims there have been 1 million deaths.

Let's assume you got that right.

That means a case fatality rate of - wait for it - 0.13%.

What's the usual / seasonal flu CFR? Why yes, about 0.1%.

Tar, feathers, politicians, modelers. Some assembly required.
    odd............
    Globally, as of 3:54pm CEST, 5 October 2020, there have been 35,109,317 confirmed cases of COVID-19, including 1,035,341 deaths, reported to WHO.
    https://covid19.who.int/

so what you did was used an estimate then used the confirmed deaths and then used that for your maths to achieve a result you wanted.
    An estimated 750 million, or 10 per cent of the world’s population, have been infected by Covid-19, World Health Organisation (WHO) official Dr Mike Ryan has said.

The Irish-born executive director of the WHO’s health emergencies programme said he was worried for the fate of the 90 per cent of people who have not had the disease.

He estimated 10 per cent as “our best guess” in relation to the global rate of infection to date and those who have antibodies for the virus.

odd you didn't put in the bits where he praised NZ prime minster either.
    Were you waiting for another press release. from the national party.

https://www.irishtimes.com/news/irel...says-1.4370626

He exempted German chancellor Angela Merkel and New Zealand prime minister Jacinda Arden from the criticism.
    “Some of the best political leadership I have seen in the last nine months have come from women. We need to think and reflect on that and what is that leadership style that brings society together during a crisis.”
    Dr Ryan said developed countries had become “entirely complacent of infectious diseases” and associated them with poorer countries.
    why not use the confirmed cases and the confirmed deaths did that not give you the result you wanted.
    Quote Originally Posted by Katman View Post
    I reminder distinctly .

Kinky is using a feather. Perverted is using the whole chicken

Bike
    Triumph Speed Triple
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by husaberg View Post
    why not use the confirmed cases and the confirmed deaths did that not give you the result you wanted.
    My maths is pretty much overs and unders, but doing the sum with the official figures gives a fatality rate of about 3% which is close to the 3.4% predicted earlier.
    There is a grey blur, and a green blur. I try to stay on the grey one. - Joey Dunlop

Bike
    husaberg
    Quote Originally Posted by pritch View Post
    My maths is pretty much overs and unders, but doing the sum with the official figures gives a fatality rate of about 3% which is close to the 3.4% predicted earlier.
    But a long way from the RDJ calculated figure of .13% or about 30 times higher.
    Its odd he chose to mix and maths his figures and souces unless he wanted to produce a certain result.
    I reminder distinctly .

Bike
    husaberg
    It's hard to figure out what was going on with all the misinformation provided by his osteopath. The treatment he was stated to have received was aggressive, some of it contraindicated in mild cases, yet he's out after a few days. If he actually had the disease he's probably still contagious.

He's already said this morning that COVID is nothing to be afraid of, but not everybody gets rushed to Walter Reed and has enough doctors to field a football team.
    Trump was admitted to the Walter Reed Medical Center in Maryland on Friday after testing positive for the coronavirus.
    In a tweet some hours before his departure he said he was feeling "really good" and he urged people not to be afraid of the virus, nor to let it dominate their lives.
    "Though he may not entirely be out of the woods yet, the team and I agree that all our evaluations and most importantly his clinical status support the president's safe return home, where he'll be surrounded by world class medical care 24/7."
    Doctors at Walter Reed National Military Medical Center in Bethesda, Maryland, have been treating Trump, 74, with a steroid, dexmethasone, that is normally used only in the most severe cases.
    Trump was given supplemental oxygen after his blood oxygen levels dropped.
    He would have a fourth dose of the intravenous antiviral drug, remdesivir,
    So as long as you have access to 24/7 unlimited cost medical treatment and expensive experimental drugs and other drugs normally only available to the most serious cases you really have nothing to worry about.
    I reminder distinctly .

Bike
    Exercycle
    Quote Originally Posted by husaberg View Post
    Trump was admitted to the Walter Reed Medical Center in Maryland on Friday after testing positive for the coronavirus.
    In a tweet some hours before his departure he said he was feeling "really good" and he urged people not to be afraid of the virus, nor to let it dominate their lives.
    "Though he may not entirely be out of the woods yet, the team and I agree that all our evaluations and most importantly his clinical status support the president's safe return home, where he'll be surrounded by world class medical care 24/7."
    Doctors at Walter Reed National Military Medical Center in Bethesda, Maryland, have been treating Trump, 74, with a steroid, dexmethasone, that is normally used only in the most severe cases.
    Trump was given supplemental oxygen after his blood oxygen levels dropped.
    He would have a fourth dose of the intravenous antiviral drug, remdesivir,
    So as long as you have access to 24/7 unlimited cost medical treatment and expensive experimental drugs and other drugs normally only available to the most serious cases you really have nothing to worry about.
    I'd point out too that the steroid he was given is known to have euphoric side effects. Which is what we're seeing now.
    the longer they give it to him, the bigger the crash when they stop.

I'm pretty sure it's the same steroid i get prior to chemo. it's good shit....Just as well i don't have access to twitter, lol.

Bike
    Triumph Speed Triple
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Grumph View Post
    I'd point out too that the steroid he was given is known to have euphoric side effects. Which is what we're seeing now.
    the longer they give it to him, the bigger the crash when they stop.

I'm pretty sure it's the same steroid i get prior to chemo. it's good shit....Just as well i don't have access to twitter, lol.
    Yeah, a woman reported having been on it and having weird conversations and offending people. Just the thing for a guy with the nuclear codes. Trump is already assumed to be an addict by some so he may not want to go off this and, right or wrong, he usually gets his way.
    There is a grey blur, and a green blur. I try to stay on the grey one. - Joey Dunlop

Bike
    husaberg
    Yeah, a woman reported having been on it and having weird conversations and offending people. Just the thing for a guy with the nuclear codes. Trump is already assumed to be an addict by some so he may not want to go off this and, right or wrong, he usually gets his way.
    With symptoms like that, how would we know trump hasn't been taking it sinse 2016?
    I reminder distinctly .

Bike
    Triumph Speed Triple
    Blog Entries
    It's a funny old world. A fifteen year old kid might be giving us better information than the tame medical poodles.

https://www.palmerreport.com/analysi...-uglier/32861/

Bike
    husaberg
    It's a funny old world. A fifteen year old kid might be giving us better information than the tame medical poodles.

https://www.palmerreport.com/analysi...-uglier/32861/
    Pretty sure over 3/4 of the worlds 15 year olds have a higher IQ than trump or 3/4 of his voters do
    I reminder distinctly .

Bike
    Triumph Speed Triple
    Blog Entries

Bike
    RZ496/Street 765RS/GasGas/ etc etc
    Blog Entries
    In other news; America surprise election of an independent. A woman.

Satan pops into Kathmandu for a neck warmer and some new slippers.
    Don't you look at my accountant.
    He's the only one I've got.

Bike
    Triumph Speed Triple
    Blog Entries

Bike
    I Ride No More

Bike
    RZ496/Street 765RS/GasGas/ etc etc
    Blog Entries
    So. . .ahhh.
    You know that a vaccination doesn't make you suddenly immortal yeah?

Just checking yeah.

And he could have been a control on Placebo.
    Don't you look at my accountant.
    He's the only one I've got.

Bike
    husaberg
    Quote Originally Posted by F5 Dave View Post
    So. . .ahhh.
    You know that a vaccination doesn't make you suddenly immortal yeah?

Just checking yeah.

And he could have been a control on Placebo.
    Pazuello, an army general, is Brazil’s third health minister of the pandemic.
    His predecessors left after clashing with Bolsonaro, including over the president’s insistence on using the drug hydroxychloroquine to treat coronavirus despite studies showing it is ineffective.
    I reminder distinctly .

Thread Information