Page 58 of 162 FirstFirst ... 848565758596068108158 ... LastLast

Thread: The journey that COVID-19 will take us on

Bike
    She resents being called a bike
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by mcshaz View Post
    I'm definitely not Husaberg, but they were awesome bikes (and chainsaws). About to buy a Yamie, but I do like the svartpilen.

I hold a medical degree, have post-grad biostatistics and have a fellowship in intensive care medicine. A couple of middle aged colleagues I know from conferences and networks around the world have died from covid-19 (the large viral load at the time of intubation +/- continued exposure makes death about 2 to 5 times more likely in my profession once infected).

The arguments being used by Sam Bailey have been done to death by the same mob who denies HIV caused AIDS.

Sent from my Mi Note 10 Pro using Tapatalk
    You rich guys. I buy chinese and fund communism .

Sorry to hear about your colleagues. From what I've read it sounds like a tough place to be making a living.

I have seen her state that certain things are her opinion in the face of there being an obviously convincing, usually proven as existing, alternative. I can deal with people who are willing to get things wrong, and from what I've watched so far she has shown that she is willing to be proven wrong and state it at a later date. That don't mean that I'm buying whatever she's selling, it simply means that there is some crossover with the regards to Covid that a few others have noted around the world. If she can be proven wrong. Kick ass! Science works... so long as she can't prove that position false or another theory true. You say "The arguments used by Sam...", and I Am duty bound to ask: What, all of her arguments? As I mentioned there's some cross over with other scientists around the world who are stating the same things. Caveat Emptor.
    I didn't think!!! I experimented!!!

Bike
    I Ride No More

Bike
    Daelim VL250 Daystar
    Will the following doctor be of high enough repute for the kiwibiker threaderati?????

“ after thirty years, is the second most published critical care doctor in the history of medicine, with more than 500 peer-reviewed papers and books, 43,000 scholarly citations of his work, and a research “H” rating higher than many Nobel Prize winners.”

Coming soon to kiwibiker....
    Govt gives you nothing because it creates nothing - Javier Milei

Bike
    She resents being called a bike
    Blog Entries
    WTF. I do hope this international team used a dirty slide or similar to produce their findings, coz...........

I didn't think!!! I experimented!!!

Bike
    I Ride No More

Bike
    Daelim VL250 Daystar
    Dr Bloomers says not to relax we are no where near the half way point of the pandemic yet... WTF!!

Back the truck up....,

Worldwide we had massive lockdowns to “flatten the curve “ and stop the virus, eventually restrictions eased as there were less cases everywhere....

We got shown pictures of bell curves and flatter curves....

Now one would think with travel opened up and a magic vax that EVERYONE is getting ( his words) we must be well past the halfway point of this saga....

What does he know that we don’t???

Bike
    RZ496/Street 765RS/GasGas/ etc etc
    Blog Entries
    Lots because most of us are clearly more stupid than he is.

I certainly am. But I'm smart enough to know it. Dunner Kruger (sp) would be proud.

I guess one could look at previous virus outbreaks. Do you think that would be a good idea?

Took a fair while to tame out Polio. But it was a success.

But to underestimate a virus is foolish in the extreme. Heck it's American foolish. 'Cause fuck a lot of those fukers are stupid.

(And some are critical thinkers. All power to those guys).
    Don't you look at my accountant.
    He's the only one I've got.

Bike
    None
    Blog Entries
    Travel clearly isn't opened up yet and it will be years before anyone from India is allowed to travel anywhere. I can't believe that the idiot cruise lines think they can start back up yet.
    If a man is alone in the woods and there isn't a woke Hollywood around to call him racist, is he still white?

Bike
    Triumph Speed Triple
    Blog Entries
    There will be a major virus threat until "herd immunity" is attained in virtually every country. This country has a long way to go, the vaccine roll out seems slow motion at best. The government's web site isn't all that helpful. Either the vaccine rollout is behind schedule or the website and links aren't being updated. It's not easy to tell which.
    There is a grey blur, and a green blur. I try to stay on the grey one. - Joey Dunlop

Bike
    Daelim VL250 Daystar

Bike
    Triumph Speed Triple
    Blog Entries
    SKY News Australia is owned by Murdoch. Nough said.
    There is a grey blur, and a green blur. I try to stay on the grey one. - Joey Dunlop

Bike
    Triumph Speed Triple
    Blog Entries
    "Not proven yet" indeed.

This crazy bitch is a doctor (DO). She thinks the Corona virus vaccine contains metal which turns people into magnets. Obviously she's not an engineer or she would know brass keys and stainless steel spoons and forks are not magnetic.

Oh, and 5G too. Why not?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jWHZgzWg-1U

Bike
    Triumph Speed Triple
    Blog Entries
    It seems that those who got all excited about the virus originating at a lab in Wuhan may have jumped the gun. We may know one day but it may not be in the immediate future. Meanwhile the Nobel winning scientist who spoke of the "smoking gun" has reconsidered.

https://www.theguardian.com/world/20...CMP=GTAU_email

Bike
    husaberg
    Quote Originally Posted by sidecar bob View Post
    I'm not sure if my earlier post was clear, the number of deaths from covid in the entire history of india to date, is almost the same number as their daily road.
    In other words you have as much chance of being killed there in a traffic accident in one day, as all covid deaths combined ever.
    I think their traffic issues are far greater than their covid ones, but meh, can't help traffic deaths ay?
    This post hasn't dated very well.......
    Quote Originally Posted by Katman View Post
    I reminder distinctly .

Kinky is using a feather. Perverted is using the whole chicken

Bike
    Dad's garage (That I'm allowed to touch)

on a more ground-level note: Wellington COVID alert

With all the media reporting on early test results being negative, we anticipate the review of the Level 2 alert status tonight to go a particular way.

So, with the potential for spread with the delta variant that we've seen in India, Australia, and Taiwan (who were like us and had beaten out COVID), would it be a risk to drop to level 1 which everyone treats like 'normal' when we could see some negative tests turn positive on second testing and others in the community refuse testing or isolating altogether?

To answer my own question, I'd say level 2 should be applied for the rest of the week at least, considering how bad this could turn out for NZ if the delta variant takes hold.

Thread Information