Page 67 of 162 FirstFirst ... 1757656667686977117 ... LastLast
Results 991 to 1,005 of 2423

Thread: The journey that COVID-19 will take us on

Bike
    She resents being called a bike
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by F5 Dave View Post
    Fortunately I can't read what you've said. Please don't quote the lying prick.
    So you admit that you don't even know what you're calling me a cunt over
    I didn't think!!! I experimented!!!

Bike
    husaberg
    Fortunately I can't read what you've said. Please don't quote the lying prick.
    He said your mother had a shapely figure and your own personal hygiene was beyond repute.
    No surprise that he never admitted he doesn't actually have any medical training and that he doesn't have any real logical response to why he should claim to know more than a doctor or the rest of the reputable medical community, other than to say he believes he is a political genius and his mummy owned an unsuccessful sweet shop.
    Quote Originally Posted by Katman View Post
    I reminder distinctly .

Kinky is using a feather. Perverted is using the whole chicken

Bike
    RZ496/Street 765RS/GasGas/ etc etc
    Blog Entries
    I spoke to someone yesterday who has become vaccine hesitant. I was shocked. But he's read some misinformation and is now concerned.

For fucks sake you stupid fucks, we need to get incredibly high coverage to get somewhere near protection. Spouting shit even if you think you are expressing your freedom to be a unique intellect, has repercussions.

Concentrate on flat earth theory or something that is fairly harmless.
    Don't you look at my accountant.
    He's the only one I've got.

Bike
    Exercycle
    I spoke to someone yesterday who has become vaccine hesitant. I was shocked. But he's read some misinformation and is now concerned.

For fucks sake you stupid fucks, we need to get incredibly high coverage to get somewhere near protection. Spouting shit even if you think you are expressing your freedom to be a unique intellect, has repercussions.

Concentrate on flat earth theory or something that is fairly harmless.
    In ChCh hospital the last few days. Struck one porter who started moaning about how he could not recommend the power of prayer over Covid - or suggest it as a vaccine alternative. On pain of being arrested.I shut him down fast and hard to the point where he was glad to see the back of me. And went away probably wondering if I'd report him.
    Next porter I saw, I asked the hospital policy on vaccinations for staff. Highly recommended - but not compulsory. That porter was not surprised to hear of his workmate's attitude. says they have 2 or 3 like that on staff.

And heard the other day of a racer well known to some on here who's a vigorous anti-vaccer on Fbook. When he comes to collect his bikes here, they'll be outside the gate, No vacc - no entry.

Bike
    Obsolete ones.
    I suspect we are at the beginning of a big fracture in Western society, anti vax opinions just being one catalyst.

Most folk still have good sense and a bit of trust in the powers that be but the number of people going down the conspiracy rabbit hole of the internet is growing. Or glued to biased media channels. And once they start there is no coming back, the algorithms keep on feeding more and more mis-information. It's well documented how this happens and any fact can easily be argued against.

Effectively anything we see on teh internets could be fact or fake.

Not enough people realise that most of the mis-information is cynically posted for personal gain - profit.

We will get on top of Covid but the real pandemic is the slow break down of trust and community, where this leads I don't know but the internet is facilitating some terrible things.

An extreme example is ISIS, they could not have existed without the internet and social media. I need not mention MAGA.

The vitriol posted on our wee NZ KB forum is a drop in the ocean, it's happening everywhere.

I see no solution, anyone drawing a line in the sand is perceived to be curtailing freedom.

Sorry all, a bit off topic but this is something which has been bouncing around in my head for a long time. I find it pretty scary.
    Manopausal.

Bike
    Daelim VL250 Daystar
    Quote Originally Posted by george formby View Post
    I suspect we are at the beginning of a big fracture in Western society, anti vax opinions just being one catalyst.

Most folk still have good sense and a bit of trust in the powers that be but the number of people going down the conspiracy rabbit hole of the internet is growing. Or glued to biased media channels. And once they start there is no coming back, the algorithms keep on feeding more and more mis-information. It's well documented how this happens and any fact can easily be argued against.

Effectively anything we see on teh internets could be fact or fake.

Not enough people realise that most of the mis-information is cynically posted for personal gain - profit.

We will get on top of Covid but the real pandemic is the slow break down of trust and community, where this leads I don't know but the internet is facilitating some terrible things.

An extreme example is ISIS, they could not have existed without the internet and social media. I need not mention MAGA.

The vitriol posted on our wee NZ KB forum is a drop in the ocean, it's happening everywhere.

I see no solution, anyone drawing a line in the sand is perceived to be curtailing freedom.

Sorry all, a bit off topic but this is something which has been bouncing around in my head for a long time. I find it pretty scary.
    You are 100% correct and this has all been predicted, classic case of problem-reaction-solution
    With they creating or capitalising on a problem, stoking thecteaction through media manipulation in mainstream and alternative channels so we beg for their favoured solution.

Divide and conquer has been used by the ruling classes for centuries along with the distraction of bread and circus routines.

We all must be like monks chill out and not fight amongst ourselves.
    We must just accept the crappality of what our lives are now.
    The last thing we need is a revolution too as history has shown that always results in a worse person taking power and personally I wouldnÂ’t want to be living in a witch-hunt era.
    On the plus side newly formed oppressive totalitarian regimes usually collapse under their own restrictions after about ten years.....

What I find funny is people can clearly see CIA sponsored colour revolutions happening in foreign countries but donÂ’t think the same can happen to us.
    Thankfully we did not have a race war in western society after the fentanyl George debacle, although they usually have a few practice runs before they get their events running properly.

We must stop using the two sided pigeon hole game eg antivax. For example if you own a HONDA that does not make you anti Kawasaki, it just means you canÂ’t afford an H2R right now.

That I word crowd is just the mujihadden rebranded and havet been there but I donÂ’t think their internet coverage be very good in desert. Also they donÂ’t have Toyota dealer in desert but they had a whole fleet of brand new mil spec hiluxes in repo white, wonder where they came from.

Turn your tv off and fear ends then operate the following loop solution.....

Do I live there (where the drama/problem/event) ? No
    Does it affect me right now? No
    Am
    I going there? No
    So do I have anything to be worried about then? No
    Govt gives you nothing because it creates nothing - Javier Milei

Bike
    husaberg
    https://www.science.org/news/2020/07...-million-years

How bats have outsmarted viruses—including coronaviruses—for 65 million years
    Newly sequenced genomes reveal the secrets of their “superstar” immune systems
    Although the SARS-CoV-2 virus has sickened more than 14 million people, bats contract similar viruses all the time without experiencing any known symptoms. Now, the newly sequenced genomes of six species spanning the bat family tree reveal how they've been outsmarting viruses for 65 million years.

To discover their secrets, an international consortium launched the Bat1k project, which stands for bat 1000, in 2017 to sequence the genomes of all bat species. Six of those genomes are now complete, the consortium reports today in Nature.

The genomes are more thorough and more accurate than previously sequenced bat genomes, says Jon Epstein, a disease ecologist at EcoHealth Alliance who was not involved with the work. "That allows [researchers] to make some strong comparisons with other animals, including humans."

The researchers in the consortium did just that, comparing the newly sequenced genomes with those of 42 other mammals, from manatees to people. They found that the bats' closest relatives aren't tree shrews, flying lemurs, or even mice (as has been proposed); instead, they formed their own group early on that may share a common ancestor with the mammals that eventually evolved into horses, pangolins, whales, and dogs.

Further analysis revealed bats have disabled at least 10 genes that other mammals use to mount inflammatory responses against infection. But they also have extra copies and modifications of antiviral genes that may explain their high tolerance for disease. Finally, their genome is littered with DNA pieces derived from past viral infections that got incorporated when the viral genomes were replicated.

"These nonbat genes leave a kind of medical record … a diary of previous infections," Yohe says. That diary reveals that bats have probably had more viral infections than all other mammals over time and have even been infected by viruses thought only to attack birds, the team reports. "The findings highlight bats' ability to tolerate and survive viral infections more efficiently than other mammals," says Sharlene Santana, an evolutionary biologist at the University of Washington, Seattle.
    I reminder distinctly .

Bike
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Grumph View Post
    In ChCh hospital the last few days. Struck one porter who started moaning about how he could not recommend the power of prayer over Covid - or suggest it as a vaccine alternative. On pain of being arrested.I shut him down fast and hard to the point where he was glad to see the back of me. And went away probably wondering if I'd report him.
    Next porter I saw, I asked the hospital policy on vaccinations for staff. Highly recommended - but not compulsory. That porter was not surprised to hear of his workmate's attitude. says they have 2 or 3 like that on staff.

And heard the other day of a racer well known to some on here who's a vigorous anti-vaccer on Fbook. When he comes to collect his bikes here, they'll be outside the gate, No vacc - no entry.
    So I wonder how they console away the fact the biggest cluster currently is a church?

Wrong God? Or God doesn't like dark skinned people? Either way the power of Christian hate is evident.

Bike
    '17 CRF 1000LD
    Quote Originally Posted by Grumph View Post
    I asked the hospital policy on vaccinations for staff. Highly recommended - but not compulsory.
    That is ridiculous! They should have a policy of vaccinate or lose your job, then that policy should spread to wherever there is heightened risk of coming into contact with Covid - Most essential workers, supermarket staff, fast food workers, receptionists, shop assistants, etc. If you want to be anti-vax you should have a job where you don't interact with other people! Also, being vaccinated should be mandatory for a lot of other places and activities - we should prioritise the safety of the community in general over catering for the anti-science nut-jobs.
    ----------------------------------------------------
    Quote Originally Posted by PrincessBandit View Post
    I realised that having 105kg of man sliding into my rear was a tad uncomfortable
    "If the cops didn't see it, I didn't do it!"
    - George Carlin (RIP)

Bike
    Exercycle
    Quote Originally Posted by MarkH View Post
    That is ridiculous! They should have a policy of vaccinate or lose your job, then that policy should spread to wherever there is heightened risk of coming into contact with Covid - Most essential workers, supermarket staff, fast food workers, receptionists, shop assistants, etc. If you want to be anti-vax you should have a job where you don't interact with other people! Also, being vaccinated should be mandatory for a lot of other places and activities - we should prioritise the safety of the community in general over catering for the anti-science nut-jobs.
    I've since heard elsewhere that they're not compelling existing staff to vaccinate - but new intake staff are required to.
    Could be a good opportunity to weed out the nutters. Except that it's hard to fill those positions.

Bike
    Triumph Speed Triple
    Blog Entries
    Mashman, Ivermectin has not been used successfully for anything connected with COVID. There was one 'study' which found that it may help, but that study was defective, there have been no others. There is zero evidence Ivermectin has any effect as a prophylactic for COVID.
    There is a grey blur, and a green blur. I try to stay on the grey one. - Joey Dunlop

Bike
    husaberg
    Quote Originally Posted by MarkH View Post
    Some ages and heath conditions might exclude vaccinations.
    But front-line staff need to be vaccinated.
    I reminder distinctly .

Bike
    Daelim VL250 Daystar
    So I wonder how they console away the fact the biggest cluster currently is a church?

Wrong God? Or God doesn't like dark skinned people? Either way the power of Christian hate is evident.
    Only hate evident is yours.

It’s quite obvious that a church gathering of many people in a tightly defined surburban
    Area could offer a disease multiplication vector, especially when the culture of those going tend to have large families.
    But it’s no different than if the infected patient zero at the church had of instead been a local school student at a large high school during morning assembly speech etc.
    The reason for the gathering is immaterial unless one wants to politisice it too single out a group they don’t like.
    Bloomfield comments about this made international news....
    Govt gives you nothing because it creates nothing - Javier Milei

Bike
    Blog Entries
    The point is Dog didn't save them, did he?

Because he doesn't fuking exist.

Or he's a complete racist Cunt.

Go on then. Which one is it?

Bike
    She resents being called a bike
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by pritch View Post
    Mashman, Ivermectin has not been used successfully for anything connected with COVID. There was one 'study' which found that it may help, but that study was defective, there have been no others. There is zero evidence Ivermectin has any effect as a prophylactic for COVID.
    And yet Peter McCullough actually did it, and others replicated it. Not only did he do it, but, based on the results he had obtained, that's RESULTS, he also created a multi-drug schedule that changes dosage and drug based on potential comorbities associated with the patient... and so on. Plenty of videos around, one of them of him 'testifying' (speaking at an official hearing that I can't remember the name of from last year) to that fact. His, and the coauthors, produced a paper back in August 2020 that is still yet to undergo peer review. Joe Rogan did a relatively recent podcast (I never saw it, just read about the fallout) about his treating himself with ivermectin and other supplements to good effect too. Plenty of evidence were one hasn't already drawn a conclusion, or is using the pandemic as a political football... which is most likely given that the paper, despite being cited in supporting research of another 39 papers, is still awaiting to be peer reviewed a year later during a pandemic.

RESULTS remember. Results are still counted as evidence yeah?

Edity: Oh, and you can get the schedule and accompanying documentation free of charge from the Association of American Physicians and Surgeons website too... just in case you're curious. Will happily pass you a copy should you wish... but if you get it from their site, then you know that I haven't tampered with it
    I didn't think!!! I experimented!!!

Thread Information