Page 85 of 162 FirstFirst ... 3575838485868795135 ... LastLast
Results 1,261 to 1,275 of 2423

Thread: The journey that COVID-19 will take us on

Bike
    Not a Hayabusa anymore
    Quote Originally Posted by husaberg View Post
    What that first one ignores is that as vaccinated you are 20x less likely to pass on covid.

"People who are fully vaccinated against Covid yet catch the virus are just as infectious to others in their household as infected unvaccinated people, research suggests.
    but these same vaccinated people are additionally far less likely to catch covid in the first place.
    Except for one teensy tiny detail - the figures cited (65% reduction in transmission and 50% reduction in transmission) are from a study that was within 14 days of Vaccination.

The longer term reduction in transmission (after 3 months) is only 20%.

If you run the same maths again, it's not 20 times less likely.
    Physics; Thou art a cruel, heartless Bitch-of-a-Mistress

Bike
    Not a Hayabusa anymore
    Quote Originally Posted by mcshaz View Post
    This quote helped me come to a much greater understanding of conspiracy theories:
    Okay then - what Conspiracy theory have I advanced?

I've stated a position against Mandated, based on the Locke view of Natural Rights (which isn't exactly conspiratorial)
    I've pointed to the data on Transmission rates with the Vaccine from reputable sources (Lancet and Nature)
    I've pointed out that the Modelling data is consistently wrong (this is an observable fact)
    The most you could say I've said that even verges on Conspiratorial is that Scientists have a vested interest in putting forward the most convincing sets of Data and evidence...

It certainly helps understand comments like "the vaccine either works or it doesn't"
    The context of that statement happens to be key - If you believe that the Vaccine works, and you have taken the Vaccine yourself - then there is no reason why you should be worried about dying from Covid.

If you don't believe the Vaccine works, then you can't tell someone that 'You are following the Science' and make an argument based on the same Science that you ignore.

It has a variable effect, declining over time and with the evolution of new variants of the virus which are being selected in a Darwinian fashion to be more resistant (delta being the current one to reduce vaccine effectiveness).
    No one is disputing that...

Some individuals will have minimal protection from the vaccine because of reduced immunity.
    And therein is the issue - The liberal, natural rights viewpoint is that those Individuals are responsible for taking their own measures to ensure their own safety.

Just like when you ride a Bike, you are free to choose between a full set of Race Leathers or (if you are so inclined) a Singlet and set of Safety Sandalstm - You, the individual, get to decide the level of Risk you are willing to take.

In the totalitarian and oppressive viewpoint, Individual rights don't matter so long as there is someone, somewhere on the planet that *might* be at risk due to anyones actions.

I happen to be firmly in the Liberal camp (that is, classical british Liberalism, not the American 'Liberal')

However, we are clearly less likely to get the virus, less likely to transmit it, less likely to contribute to overwhelming of the health system because even if we contract the virus post vaccination, we are less likely to need hospital, ICU or die (each stage matched against unvaccinated cases who have reached the same stage of illness). The complexity of a non absolute or dichotomous reduction in risk, let alone statistical error terms, is simply too complex.
    Sure, but the Transmit part is Key - the clamour for the Vaccination Mandates and 90% vaccination rates is based around Herd Immunity where the vaccine stops (or significantly inhibits) transmission. The initial effect on Transmission is high, but after a short amount of time (2-3 months) it's very very low - around 20-30%.

Further complexity is added by the concept that, by definition, science accumulates evidence and with that accumulating evidence alters and refines theories and predictions. We begin by extrapolating outside known data points (initially we hadn't seen COVID before, but SARS-CoV-1 and MERS and generally massive systemic inflammatory syndromes (SIRS) guided our understanding that there would be significant longer term debilitation in a significant number of survivors). As information evolves, the theories do as well. This is the hallmark of science. With such changes, we have more than halved the need for ventilation (induced coma) and mortality rate for people admitted to ICU, as compared to early in the pandemic. This is still far more deaths than one would wish and roughly 10 fold the number of deaths from influenza and a much, much higher rate of hospitalisation.
    Sure, I can forgive early estimates as being wildly inaccurate, in fact I even pointed out that with a small sample set and small amount of time, that small variation could be extrapolated out to a wildly incorrect prediction.

However, when you look at the predictions from October this year (so 1.5 years worth of Data and hundreds of millions of Data points) when the Models are still out by a double and even quadruple compare to observed reality - One has to call into question the methods used and considering that these Models are what Public Policy is based on....

However theories which were important as evidence at the beginning are used as evidence against us by conspiracy theorists long after the usefulness of the theory has waned (in science all theories are wrong, but some are useful).
    Not correct - all Theories are falsifiable - which is not that they are wrong, but that they are ready to be rejected at a moments notice should new evidence be discovered.

However even that is not entirely correct - we know, for example, that Newtonian Physics isn't quite right - it breaks when we get to super massive or super small objects, however as a Theory goes, it's good enough to get us to the Moon and Back.

To go back to my comments about innaccurate Models - the Model of reality that Newtonian Physics creates is accurate enough for us to go about our day-to-day lives and do great things, so we keep it around (despite knowing it's not 100% correct)

The entire essay, smuggled out of a Nazi concentration camp by a camp guard (he was interned for being anti-Nazi rather than for religion, ethnicity or disability) is worth a read and can be read here.
    See, what's interesting about that Essay, is that it shows very much the continental mindset of a top-down society. Replace the word 'Stupidity' with the word 'Jew' - Does it read differently than any Nazi Propaganda?

The argument is the same essential form: "We could create the Perfect society if we could just get rid of X" - whether X is a group of people (Jews, Blacks, Rich people, Stupid People etc. etc.)

The irony being that the same mindset that put him in the camp is the same mindset that he displays.

The Liberal position says that some people will be stupid and we should advise them on the best course of action, but then leave them alone to live their life - sometimes they will fail and learn from the error of their ways, sometimes they will fail catastrophically, sometimes they will succeed or at least succeed in living their life as they see fit.

This is the British conception of a Bottom-up (hehehehe) society, where the state limits it's interaction with the individual to the smallest degree possible.

Bike
    2014 Honda NC750X
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by F5 Dave View Post
    Ahh. So household contacts. Long close repeated exposure with no masks and shared eating. That makes sense huh?
    So really it's not so much whether you're vaccinated or not, it's the environment / length of exposure etc that counts, assuming you have Covid in the first place (see below). The cases in the Henderson Rest Home are probably a good example of that happening.

Quote Originally Posted by husaberg View Post
    What that first one ignores is that as vaccinated you are 20x less likely to pass on covid.

"People who are fully vaccinated against Covid yet catch the virus are just as infectious to others in their household as infected unvaccinated people, research suggests.
    but these same vvaccinted people are additionally far less likely to catch covid in the first place. so the point is rather mute.
    Yes that is a good point. By being vaccinated you're minimising your chances of catching Covid in the first place and thereby being able to it on to others, which amounts to the same thing.

I'll get there eventually.
    Moe: Well, I'm better than dirt. Well, most kinds of dirt. I mean not that fancy store bought dirt. That stuffs loaded with nutrients. I...I can't compete with that stuff.
    - The Simpsons

Bike
    husaberg
    Quote Originally Posted by nerrrd View Post

Yes that is a good point. By being vaccinated you're minimising your chances of catching Covid in the first place and thereby being able to it on to others, which amounts to the same thing.
    Be careful of anyone that likes to ignore that point. or who claims to know more than the actual medical experts without any medical training short of a boys brigade first aid badge.
    You should be also weary of someone's claims without a second thought, that as a IT help desk dweeb they know more than the FBI about security, or more about the US law than the US supreme court.
    Quote Originally Posted by Katman View Post
    I reminder distinctly .

Kinky is using a feather. Perverted is using the whole chicken

Bike
    Daelim VL250 Daystar
    Quote Originally Posted by TheDemonLord View Post
    Okay then - what Conspiracy theory have I advanced?

I've stated a position against Mandated, based on the Locke view of Natural Rights (which isn't exactly conspiratorial)
    I've pointed to the data on Transmission rates with the Vaccine from reputable sources (Lancet and Nature)
    I've pointed out that the Modelling data is consistently wrong (this is an observable fact)
    The most you could say I've said that even verges on Conspiratorial is that Scientists have a vested interest in putting forward the most convincing sets of Data and evidence...

The context of that statement happens to be key - If you believe that the Vaccine works, and you have taken the Vaccine yourself - then there is no reason why you should be worried about dying from Covid.

If you don't believe the Vaccine works, then you can't tell someone that 'You are following the Science' and make an argument based on the same Science that you ignore.

No one is disputing that...

And therein is the issue - The liberal, natural rights viewpoint is that those Individuals are responsible for taking their own measures to ensure their own safety.

Just like when you ride a Bike, you are free to choose between a full set of Race Leathers or (if you are so inclined) a Singlet and set of Safety Sandalstm - You, the individual, get to decide the level of Risk you are willing to take.

In the totalitarian and oppressive viewpoint, Individual rights don't matter so long as there is someone, somewhere on the planet that *might* be at risk due to anyones actions.

I happen to be firmly in the Liberal camp (that is, classical british Liberalism, not the American 'Liberal')

Sure, but the Transmit part is Key - the clamour for the Vaccination Mandates and 90% vaccination rates is based around Herd Immunity where the vaccine stops (or significantly inhibits) transmission. The initial effect on Transmission is high, but after a short amount of time (2-3 months) it's very very low - around 20-30%.

Sure, I can forgive early estimates as being wildly inaccurate, in fact I even pointed out that with a small sample set and small amount of time, that small variation could be extrapolated out to a wildly incorrect prediction.

However, when you look at the predictions from October this year (so 1.5 years worth of Data and hundreds of millions of Data points) when the Models are still out by a double and even quadruple compare to observed reality - One has to call into question the methods used and considering that these Models are what Public Policy is based on....

Not correct - all Theories are falsifiable - which is not that they are wrong, but that they are ready to be rejected at a moments notice should new evidence be discovered.

However even that is not entirely correct - we know, for example, that Newtonian Physics isn't quite right - it breaks when we get to super massive or super small objects, however as a Theory goes, it's good enough to get us to the Moon and Back.

To go back to my comments about innaccurate Models - the Model of reality that Newtonian Physics creates is accurate enough for us to go about our day-to-day lives and do great things, so we keep it around (despite knowing it's not 100% correct)

See, what's interesting about that Essay, is that it shows very much the continental mindset of a top-down society. Replace the word 'Stupidity' with the word 'Jew' - Does it read differently than any Nazi Propaganda?

The argument is the same essential form: "We could create the Perfect society if we could just get rid of X" - whether X is a group of people (Jews, Blacks, Rich people, Stupid People etc. etc.)

The irony being that the same mindset that put him in the camp is the same mindset that he displays.

The Liberal position says that some people will be stupid and we should advise them on the best course of action, but then leave them alone to live their life - sometimes they will fail and learn from the error of their ways, sometimes they will fail catastrophically, sometimes they will succeed or at least succeed in living their life as they see fit.

This is the British conception of a Bottom-up (hehehehe) society, where the state limits it's interaction with the individual to the smallest degree possible.
    ThatÂ’s prob too intellectual for many on hear to grasp.

The term Conspiracy Theory is bandied about as some catch all attempt at an insult by those whose belief systems and coping mechanisms ate threatened by an idea proposed to them.
    A conspiracy is just an idea that two or more people MAY have conspired to conduct an action of some kind that is generally unlawful or fraudulent.
    Our OWN NZ govt thinks it happens so OFTEN they just made new anti price fixing and cartel laws for businesses.
    The most well known conspiracy theories alledge wrong actions by govts or perhaps corrupt officials within those govts and their organisations...
    And we all know govts NEVER lie or decieve beahahaaahaaaa
    And anti-conspiratites show how narrow their mental depth is by assuming that if one believes in one theory then they must believe in all of them. But funniest of all they act as publicists for the govts own fake conspiracy movement Qanon/wiki/Assange/Alex Jones..... etc
    The paid bloggers all froth at the mouth of you dare mention their daddy George soros lol

Govt gives you nothing because it creates nothing - Javier Milei

Bike
    BSA A10
    Quote Originally Posted by R650R View Post
    The paid bloggers all froth at the mouth of you dare mention their daddy George soros lol
    Anyone who mentions George Soros/Rothschilds/Illuminati/NWO/Great reset etc/agenda 21 in any capacity to do with any of this crap or any other conspiracy is a fuckwit
    "If you can make black marks on a straight from the time you turn out of a corner until the braking point of the next turn, then you have enough power."

Quote Originally Posted by scracha View Post
    Even BP would shy away from cleaning up a sidecar oil spill.
    Quote Originally Posted by Warren Zevon
    Send Lawyers, guns and money, the shit has hit the fan

Bike
    whatever is going
    Quote Originally Posted by Kickaha View Post
    Anyone who mentions George Soros/Rothschilds/Illuminati/NWO/Great reset etc/agenda 21 in any capacity to do with any of this crap or any other conspiracy is a fuckwit
    Well said , considering the person you quoted thinks himself intelligent .

Bike
    husaberg
    Conspiracy theorists are ridiculed for their far-fetched beliefs. Just like any other religious nutters.

just like the other theories you have posted about covid that have zero factual basis.

Well well well, our journey into communist hell continues.

There has only been 1650 alleged cases (out of 700,000 tests!!!!) of the virus, but what has spread faster has been submission to communist control.
    Nearly 2 million have downloaded the Covid app so you can be sent to a govt “ health” camp to catch the virus if you didnt already have it.

But yay 3 million kiwis have said no to turning their phone into govt spy device.

Tommorow is D-day, public transport will be the barometer of how many of us have rolled belly up to mask wearing.
    Hopefully most will say screw this shit and drive their cars to work.

You don’t have to wear a mask if it affects your physical or mental health and you do NOT need to present documents to prove this.

Out and about it’s refreshing to see nearly No one scanning the qr code thingy.

It’s quite clear now as the mountain of contradictions grow that it’s not about stopping the “virus”..

Masks are for destroying social interaction and communication with strangers. You know those moments in life when some shitbag is bashing his missus and enough of you make visual contact to know you’ve got each other back and intervene.
    But with masks there will never be any Flight 93 “lets roll” moments of bravery, you’ll never know if your fellow citizen is a Karen or Stasi as you reluctantly board the blacked out train carriage...
    A cop will never see your friendly smile, never know you like them and not let you off that minor stop sign indescretion...
    Why would they join when they already have CIA controlled Facebook to play with?
    I’m very happy that someone of intelligence on the other side of this debate can see the glaring hypocracy and failings that such a “ passport” produces.... especially given that even with known highly effective vaccines a significant number of vaccinated people are still vulnerable, the measles debate proves that and they had years to fix that issue.

Note the timeline of names, first it was the Wuhan virus, then it was SARS Corona virus 2 (cause there was already a previous SARS Corona virus but they didnÂ’t close the world over that one six to ten years ago), the SARS Cov2..... suddenly was being called Covid and covid 19, an acronym that makes zero sense grammatically or scientifically unless your talking and KNOWING about

Certificate
    Of
    Vaccination
    Identification
    D....

Why arenÂ’t new strains called covid 20 or covid 21?????
    Why are there a dozen different vaccines for different regions when this virus loves to travel.
    How will human body cope with multiple vaccines in short time frames for those who travel a lot?

WeÂ’ve been blasted with fear porn about super spreaders and how cleverly contagious and resistant this virus is but you wonÂ’t kill grandma if you have your papers and your 80%? effective jab. Would grandma ride in your car if the brakes worked 80% of the time?

Oh and kids arenÂ’t getting the jab as apparently they donÂ’t get or spread the virus thatÂ’s bullshit. And anyone with kids knows the lil snot nose super spreaders give everyone everything as they just donÂ’t comprehend the hole sickness and hands things at that age.
    Whose always sick at work? ItÂ’s the people with kids catching bugs off their kids weÂ’ve all been able to witness that for years...,
    https://t.co/GABDB6b0Rm

ARE YOU PREPARED FOR AN INTERNET BLACKOUT & ELECTRICAL GRID DISRUPTION

These inconveniences suffered this week with Google going down are NOTHING compared to what is probably coming down the road, and which could be imminent.

Imagine what life will be like with no Internet at all for an extended period of time, and where electrical service could become very unstable and also be down for an extended period of time.

For those who have been paying attention, the Globalists have actually been warning us that this is coming for sometime now.

Earlier this year Health Impact News reported about Event 201 which was hosted by the World Economic Forum and the Bill and Melinda Gates Foundation and was a simulation of a worldwide pandemic and the response to that pandemic in October of 2019, just weeks before the now infamous COVID19 virus was identified in Wuhan, China.

Almost everything predicted during that simulation has now actually happened, except for one thing: an Internet blackout.
    But he did visit the Wuhan lab several years ago with Obama and gave them 1.5$M of taxpayer money....
    Too many scientists are coming out now and saying this virus is not natural. Its a bio warfare weapon and probably a race specific one too.
    China was set to become the worlds new super power by 2050 as per there goal, an economic and military powerhouse that wouldnt be threatened by sanctions anymore.
    USA knows they cant win a hot war so resorted to this. But they stuffed up by outsourcing the final component to a chinese lab to provide plausible deniability if they got caught. They got bit in the arse by poor chinese quality control and ended up witha weak version of what they wanted.
    It was released at the world military games in wuhan just like a similar story on tom clancy novel about "terrorists". One of their own bought it home accidently and caused a mini outbreak in USA which was the vaping deaths which didnt stay in news long....
    The Chinese are smart and know they getting done over so they playing 4D chess and milking it to murder political dissidents and havea good sweep out of their society. They know by playing it up they could cripple us economically with lockdowns as they knew our leaders would panic.
    Thats why Trump was so quick in closing borders because he knew what was at play.
    The virus is a minor nuisance though, its a acheived their goal though, a world wide communist police state lockdown that they never got with 911 as that wasnt scary enough for the masses to give away freedom.
    As per usual with an "unprecedented " event they held an exercise simulating the same months earlier called Event 201...
    Quote Originally Posted by Katman View Post
    I reminder distinctly .

Kinky is using a feather. Perverted is using the whole chicken

Bike
    RZ496/Street 765RS/GasGas/ etc etc
    Blog Entries

. . . ]
    Intulektuals no how too spel beta
    Don't you look at my accountant.
    He's the only one I've got.

Bike
    1993 Yamaha FJ 1200
    Blog Entries
    I'm only suggesting that Governments should be trusted as far as they can be thrown. Their track record (both in this country and globally) isn't exactly glowing.
    If the distance I could throw a fat cunt like you ... was how much you could be trusted ...

I agree it's a guess, but the 'based on facts and strategies used overseas that worked' is a bit more of an issue. I've got my opinion as to which Facts and Strategies where chosen, based on certain ideological sympathies - the fact that we picked the strategy used by China and not Taiwan....
    We haven't had too many Covid Pandemics in our National (or Labour) history ... but by the fewer deaths and number of new cases daily, lower than similar sized countries/populations ... they actually seem to have a policy that works. More seem to be upset at their perceived loss of freedoms ... than the potential for their own loss of life. That could never happen to them ... ???

Sure, The Government could declare a National Emergency and has done it in the past.
    Governments have also been overthrown (violently or otherwise) in the past.
    I'm quite happy to wait for the next election. Much safer and easier. I forecast NO change of Government. To vote you need at least be on the Electoral roll.

And in the last election ... Half of those that COULD vote ... DIDN'T.

NZ apathy at it's finest ...

Just a thought.
    In my opinion ... you are incapable of original thought ...

Remember one of the key pillars that upholds the English style of democracy that we have is that Governance is done with Consent.
    The Labour Government was voted in by a majority vote. Thus they HAVE Public Consent ...

I can't name the ones I've personally interacted with, obviously - to answer the second part though - what do the Ministers and the Health leaders talk about? It's always about 'The Numbers'. Or for a different perspective - Google 'DHB Diversity' - and you'll see plenty of results about the various Diversity programs in our Health system - why is that?
    So ... You got nothing ...

Do you care what colour the person treating you is?
    Does anyone here care about it?
    What about Sexuality? Do you care if your nurse likes sucking dick or licking Vag?

I don't.

And yet to the Hospital Administrators, these things are important because the numbers don't align in their spreadsheet.
    You now claim Hospital Administrators are Government advisors ... ?? or have some say in Government policy ...

Actually, quite the opposite - I refuse to massage the Data to make it look more favorable and I've had some very fun meetings with the Board about it. Just like being a competent Mechanic or Builder means you can recognize cowboyism when you see it - and as above - predictions that are out by a factor of 4.

So who is the one bullshitting?
    To quote the post I quoted you on ...
    Not only that, but as someone who just so happens to dabble in a fair bit in Data and Data manipulation - I can personally assure you that the mathematical modelling that is published and presented to the Public is done in such a manner as to suit the objectives of the one presenting it.
    it seems to imply you do it in a manner to suit your objectives ... or your employers ...

Well, I'm not sure who you are spying on when they sleep, but it certainly isn't me....
    Just a poorly executed dig at you.

The right thing has never been to force other people to comply with your fears.
    The right thing has always been to uphold other people's freedoms and rights.
    But it IS the right thing for a Government to act in what they believe is in their country's populations best interest. Having been voted in by public majority ... they have the mandate to do that ...

Well - what would you rather - A Government that tries to interfere with your personal life or one that leaves you alone?
    If they are acting in my best interests ... my personal life has little to do with it. With Covid issues ... my life could be at stake.

If I live to moan about it later ... I'll be happy enough ...

I'm fairly certain I could guess with some pretty reasonable accuracy (it's not like you've been shy or coy) - but therein lies the virtue of my position:
    Therein lies the difference of our opinions ... I could never include Virtue in any description of you (or me).

I have been known to be a total prick ...

You might think I'm a Cunt, fair enough - that's your want and your right And I would not and will not infringe upon that right to soothe my feelings.
    What I think is (obviously) obvious ...

That's the difference between my position - I value your freedoms as much as I value my own and I would celebrate the fact that you are free to think of me as you wish and to express that opinion - rather than trying to force you to do something because of my fears/insecurity.
    As you are reportedly residing in or near Auckland ... I can assure you that I currently enjoy a great deal more freedoms ... than YOU currently do ...

Just like making other people get vaccinated because of your fears.
    I encourage people to get vaccinated ... a pretty cheap life insurance. No fear involved whatsoever ...
    When life throws you a curve ... Lean into it ...

Bike
    Not a Hayabusa anymore
    Quote Originally Posted by Kickaha View Post
    Can you point to a post I've made that references any of those?

Bike
    Not a Hayabusa anymore
    Quote Originally Posted by FJRider View Post
    If the distance I could throw a fat cunt like you ... was how much you could be trusted ...
    No more or no less than you'd trust any other random on the Internet that you'd never personally met. Remember, my position of Freedom doesn't require you to trust me, quite the opposite in fact.

We haven't had too many Covid Pandemics in our National (or Labour) history ... but by the fewer deaths and number of new cases daily, lower than similar sized countries/populations ... they actually seem to have a policy that works.
    We've had 2 (not including this one) in my memory...

Sure, we seem to be successful - is that due to good Government policy? I have my doubts. I think it's more due to our very isolated nature, good natural land borders and low population density.

I look at the Taiwan model as being much better, considering they have much much much much higher population density and a higher median age.

More seem to be upset at their perceived loss of freedoms ... than the potential for their own loss of life. That could never happen to them ... ???
    It's almost like there's an ideal there, something akin to over 500 years of philosophical thought that Freedom, even when the price is Death, is preferable to tyranny...

I'm quite happy to wait for the next election. Much safer and easier. I forecast NO change of Government. To vote you need at least be on the Electoral roll.

And in the last election ... Half of those that COULD vote ... DIDN'T.

NZ apathy at it's finest ...
    Well, the choice is between Cunt number 1, Cunt number 2, Communist Cunt, Racial Supremecist Cunt and Saint Seymour....

In my opinion ... you are incapable of original thought ...
    And yet, I consistently post original commentary - just another opinion of yours not based in reality

The Labour Government was voted in by a majority vote. Thus they HAVE Public Consent ...
    Was and Had. If an election was run tomorrow, I'm not sure it would be the landslide last time - I'm not sure if Stalinda has pissed off enough of the swing voters yet, but the growing discontent with her I've seen in places where previously she was held in good standing is pleasing to see.

So ... You got nothing ...
    Admitedly, because of Privacy, I can't give out details - but there is enough information publicly to infer that to be the case.

You now claim Hospital Administrators are Government advisors ... ?? or have some say in Government policy ...
    Just look at the senior ranks of the Police, they advise the Ministers, the Ministers derive Policy (and in some cases, the Police actually draft the policy....)
    Why do you think the Health sector would be any different? That senior Hospital officials would have a seat at the table?

To quote the post I quoted you on ... it seems to imply you do it in a manner to suit your objectives ... or your employers ...
    We all do our work in a manner that best suits our Objectives - whether that's to do the best job possible, to advance up the career path or to clock in, do the bare minimum, clock out and have enough coin for Beers and food.

For me personally, my objective is to give the wider business the most accurate view of what the different business units are doing and to find better ways to display patterns and information to enable the senior management to make the best strategic decisions.

But it IS the right thing for a Government to act in what they believe is in their country's populations best interest. Having been voted in by public majority ... they have the mandate to do that ...
    Sure - the question becomes - what is the populations best interest?

Freedom (my position) or Health?

I increasingly take the view that Government should be limited almost to the point of just upholding a Citizens Natural Rights (very much the US Constitutional model) - but with an acknowledgement of certain public goods should be provided via Taxation (roads, public infrastructure, the DHBs etc.)

If they are acting in my best interests ... my personal life has little to do with it. With Covid issues ... my life could be at stake.
    IF.

That's a pretty big If.

Who do you think has the best understanding of the risks to your life? A Bureaucrat and scientist who have never met you, heard of you or interacted with you and don't have to pay the consequences for you if they are wrong,

Or you? Who has lived your life and has the ultimate consequence of getting it wrong hanging over your head?

Therein lies the difference of our opinions ... I could never include Virtue in any description of you (or me).

I have been known to be a total prick ...
    You can be virtuous in some ways and a total prick at the same time, they aren't mutually exclusive. I've got a fairly consistent track record on this forum of appealing on behalf of people I fundamentally disagree with, on their freedom to speak as they see fit. I've also never let a difference of opinion on a given topic cloud my judgement of a persons character - consequently, when someone I am disagreeing with on one topic does something I agree with, I'm never shy from repping them and commenting my approval.

And I know that you know this because I quite frequently rep posts of yours where you say something inciteful or interesting

As you are reportedly residing in or near Auckland ... I can assure you that I currently enjoy a great deal more freedoms ... than YOU currently do ...
    Am I?

I believe my location says 'Not in Gulf Harbour' - which leaves a very large percentage of the rest of the country that I could be residing in. And since I'm feeling somewhat generous - it's an area that is in Level 2, so once again - your assurance fall like Egg upon your face

I encourage people to get vaccinated ... a pretty cheap life insurance. No fear involved whatsoever ...
    As do I.

In fact, on another forum I'm a member of, I send a very long PM to someone who asked whether they should or shouldn't - firstly declaring my absolute opposition to Mandates, then giving the scientific reasons why they should.

I don't know if they got jabbed or not, but I've said in this thread and elsewhere that I, myself, have had my 5G upgrades (well, 50% complete, second one is booked in).

My opposition is only on the Mandates and the disregard for personal choice, freedom, the Bullying of people who don't wish to get Jabbed, the issue around the Government messaging for herd immunity that ignores transmission rates and the statement by Stalinda about a 2-tier society.

Those are the things I'm vehemently against.

Bike
    Aprillia RSV1000R 92 KX500
    Blog Entries
    For me personally, my objective is to give the wider business the most accurate view of what the different business units are doing and to find better ways to display patterns and information to enable the senior management to make the best strategic decisions.
    I know you mentioned your boss is onboard with your work time kb posting. However, do your reports to senior management include advising them that all the business units would very much benefit from their staff posting on personal interest forums for large swathes of the working day? Or does this "freedom" just apply to you and a handful of other freedom loving first tier elites? .

Bike
    Not a Hayabusa anymore
    Quote Originally Posted by sugilite View Post
    I know you mentioned your boss is onboard with your work time kb posting. However, do your reports to senior management include advising them that all the business units would very much benefit from their staff posting on personal interest forums for large swathes of the working day? Or does this "freedom" just apply to you and a handful of other freedom loving first tier elites? .
    That's covered under Research and Development time and investigating new and emerging technologies

Plus, I type very quickly

Bike
    Not a Hayabusa anymore
    Now, some may remember a while ago, I pointed out that Masks and the wearing of them had more to do with Political Ideology than anything else - and several people joined in a spirited critique...

https://twitter.com/i/status/1455888129982935043

It's only a 1 minute video - but if you watch to the end, you'll hear that the Labour MP in a moment of pressure admit that it is indeed Ideological...

Thread Information