Page 162 of 162 FirstFirst ... 62112152160161162
Results 2,416 to 2,423 of 2423

Thread: The journey that COVID-19 will take us on

Bike
    1999 Yamaha R1
    Quote Originally Posted by pete376403 View Post
    Interesting - I had a mild heart attack about 10-12 years ago and since then I've been on the triple A meds (aspirin, atorvastatin, amlodipine - thinner, cholestereol and blood pressure respectively) and have yet to contract covid in any of its variants. Triple vaxed and probably due for another. Maybe the heart meds are doing something useful
    Yes, it is interesting. My heart is fine apart from mild arrhythmia, which was more noticeable than usual after Covid.

Sent from my SM-S906E using Tapatalk

Bike
    bucket FZR/MB100
    Quote Originally Posted by Moise View Post
    It's taken 3 months since my last Covid infection for my heart rate to get back to normal while exercising. I might be a bit more careful next time.
    I presume you're all jabbed up?

Bike
    bucket FZR/MB100
    Quote Originally Posted by pete376403 View Post
    Maybe the heart meds are doing something useful
    That's an interesting thought. I wonder if anyone is looking into the possibility.

Bike
    1999 Yamaha R1
    Quote Originally Posted by speedpro View Post
    I presume you're all jabbed up?
    No, none since early 2022. I've had Covid twice though.

Sent from my SM-S906E using Tapatalk

Bike
    Daelim VL250 Daystar
    Quote Originally Posted by speedpro View Post
    Closer to home - "The New Zealand Herald has recently reported some grim statistics with the almost doubling in heart attack rates reported in some DHBs, and the drop in survival of community cardiac arrests from 30% in 2018 to 10%."

Apart from a supposed drop in survivability of community cardiac arrests what is not mentioned is an increase in the number of community cardiac arrests. Hopefully nobody actually thinks there has been a doubling of heart attack rates without an associated increase of community cardiac arrests.

Good job that dying of a heart attack doesn't contribute to excess all-cause mortality.

https://x.com/nzdsos/status/1752205009129971747?s=20
    Most likely down to lack of exercise, stress and poor diet choices during the lockdowns. The difference in longevity between doing nothing and very light weight exercise eg walking or gentle pushbike ride is massive.
    Also early intervention is key to survival, social distancing/isolation means no one’s there to call for help early on. Then on top of that add the delayed arrival of emergency services as they are now overworked by the snowballing of general health problems caused by all inactivity.
    If the vax was causing heart attacks they’d be way more “excess” or whatever term you want to use. Also the early adopters essential workers/healthcare/emergency services who mostly do shift work would be the canaries I. The coal mine dropping like flies but that’s not happening.
    Myth….. Busted!!!
    Govt gives you nothing because it creates nothing - Javier Milei

Bike
    bucket FZR/MB100
    The desperation gets funnier every day.

A VERY easy way to resolve the question and clear the vaccine of blame is to release MOH data. With a reliable record of the percentage vaccinated, preferably by age group, compared to the percentage suffering ailments or death it will quickly be clear how safe & effective the vaccine is.

For some strange reason that data isn't available. Vax status of patients was available early in the "pandemic" but once it became impossible to fudge the numbers for a favourable result, as per the UKHSA the data was simply hidden. I saved the UKHSA reports right up until they stopped providing the data. It was really obvious why they stopped providing it. They removed the "only double jabbed" but 7 weeks later the triple jabbed had exceeded the "rate" of infection of the unjabbed across all age groups. Hospitalization rates were close to the same and getting closer every week. Supposedly the vax'd were dying at a lower rate but that stat was on a slide as well.

Also, based on my own personal experience, there were a lot more people walking and exercizing during lockdown. A LOT more. I was walking many kilometres/day before during and after the lockdown. Being stuck at home obviously meant people were taking the opportunity to go walkies when they could. If what you suggest is correct, going by my own observations, the reverse should be happening.

Bike
    bucket FZR/MB100
    We know that cardiac issues are associated with covid.

What is less clear is whether one vax status or the other is suffering disproportionately.

Thankfully those pesky Israelis did a study which answered the question. The study was of younger UNvaccinated covid patients. To quote the report authors - "We did not observe an increased incidence of neither pericarditis nor myocarditis in adult patients recovering from COVID-19 infection". There were cases but the rate was the same as the background rate in the population.

So, who remains that is suffering cardiac issues, pericarditis & myocarditis in this study?

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC9025013/

Bike
    bucket FZR/MB100
    Graph for only 18-39 year old males who died of "all causes". Data is from the linked UK ONS web site.
    https://www.ons.gov.uk/peoplepopulat...nstatusengland
    The first shots don't seem to be particularly bad, or good. You make your own mind up about the 4th.

https://www.ons.gov.uk/peoplepopulat...nstatusengland
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ONS 18_39 all cause mortality.JPG 
Views:	45 
Size:	93.6 KB 
ID:	354341  

Thread Information