Page 56 of 162 FirstFirst ... 646545556575866106156 ... LastLast

Thread: The journey that COVID-19 will take us on

Bike
    Daelim VL250 Daystar
    South Australia has just gone full East Germany....

Govt gives you nothing because it creates nothing - Javier Milei

Bike
    Africa Twin! 2018 all the fruit!
    Sure as hell looks like it, any excuse to curtail and control the general public, fuckers.
    Every day above ground is a good day!:

Bike
    Triumph Speed Triple
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by R650R View Post
    South Australia has just gone full East Germany....
    What? They are shooting people at the border? If not your comment is somewhat hysterical.
    There is a grey blur, and a green blur. I try to stay on the grey one. - Joey Dunlop

Bike
    Daelim VL250 Daystar
    Quote Originally Posted by pritch View Post
    What? They are shooting people at the border? If not your comment is somewhat hysterical.
    You know very well what I meant.

The lack of freedom of movement without showing your papers. Secret police observing your movements and compliance, citizens reporting on fellow citizens for non compliance.

And yes crossing border in the wrong manner could result in being shot in certain circumstances if you really want to be pedantic

Bike
    Daelim VL250 Daystar
    A Freudian slip by the power hungry “doctor”.... fluff news moved fast to retract the original headline which had his photo and said 2.5 would be new normal baseline....

https://i.stuff.co.nz/national/healt...up-to-everyone

Hate to say told you so but where eventually moving to mandatory contact tracking even with the six monthly mandatory vaccines for everyone that is coming g after covid21 outbreak in July this year.

Bike
    Triumph Speed Triple
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by R650R View Post
    You know very well what I meant.

The lack of freedom of movement without showing your papers. Secret police observing your movements and compliance, citizens reporting on fellow citizens for non compliance.

And yes crossing border in the wrong manner could result in being shot in certain circumstances if you really want to be pedantic
    Nah, the comparison is hysterical.

There is a world wide pandemic, millions are dead with possibly millions more to come, but some people can't comprehend that things will need to change. A vaccine 'passport' may become necessary to attend public events. Fine. You don't have to get vaccinated, you have the option of staying home. Permanently. Or as it seems in the USA, there is also the option of buying a forged vaccine passport.
    There is a grey blur, and a green blur. I try to stay on the grey one. - Joey Dunlop

Bike
    RZ496/Street 765RS/GasGas/ etc etc
    Blog Entries
    For those who were claiming early on that the numbers of deaths were exaggerated

https://i.stuff.co.nz/world/30030736...g-the-pandemic

I mean it's possible they all slipped over in the shower, but. .
    Don't you look at my accountant.
    He's the only one I've got.

Bike
    She resents being called a bike
    Blog Entries
    So the lies are old, with some proven as lies. It is rather nice to see the scientific method being used to validate settled science that clearly wasn't. and still very much isn't. I wish the medical establishment all the best in finding some truth.

I didn't think!!! I experimented!!!

Bike
    Honda cb600 Hornet
    Quote Originally Posted by mashman View Post
    So the lies are old, with some proven as lies. It is rather nice to see the scientific method being used to validate settled science that clearly wasn't. and still very much isn't. I wish the medical establishment all the best in finding some truth.

A nice refutation to the nonsense about virology being sprouted by this GP is at https://blog.waikato.ac.nz/bioblog/2...-she-is-wrong/
    As for wishing the medical establishment all the best - it is possible to believe that a vast majority of health professionals live in a world of lies, have little ability to critically assess the science and care more about big pharma profits than the health of the people they are charged with caring for. Amongst this a few maverick doctors shine light on the truth. Most of us believe the majority of health professionals are in fact the opposite in terms of critical thinking and staying ahead of the science and advice and decisions are predominantly made on the balance of evidence. Admittedly the systems are complex and personal motivations varied. Paradoxically the mavericks such as those linked to on this thread care naught for getting to the truth and helping people, but instead see a market of people they can sell their crackpot theories to by way of books, bogus remedies, speakers fees and YouTube royalties. It is worth looking at the countries which clearly and openly ignored the advice of population health experts and how they have fared for the last 18 months, compared to countries like NZ, who's politicians heeded population health experts.

Bike
    Blog Entries
    Mashy is a special type of willfully ignorant. No logic will come from that keypad. Been on ignore for quite some time.

Bike
    Royal Enfield 650 & a V8 or two..
    Quote Originally Posted by mcshaz View Post
    A nice refutation to the nonsense about virology being sprouted by this GP is at https://blog.waikato.ac.nz/bioblog/2...-she-is-wrong/
    As for wishing the medical establishment all the best - it is possible to believe that a vast majority of health professionals live in a world of lies, have little ability to critically assess the science and care more about big pharma profits than the health of the people they are charged with caring for. Amongst this a few maverick doctors shine light on the truth. Most of us believe the majority of health professionals are in fact the opposite in terms of critical thinking and staying ahead of the science and advice and decisions are predominantly made on the balance of evidence. Admittedly the systems are complex and personal motivations varied. Paradoxically the mavericks such as those linked to on this thread care naught for getting to the truth and helping people, but instead see a market of people they can sell their crackpot theories to by way of books, bogus remedies, speakers fees and YouTube royalties. It is worth looking at the countries which clearly and openly ignored the advice of population health experts and how they have fared for the last 18 months, compared to countries like NZ, who's politicians heeded population health experts.

Who actually really knows the truth in this fiasco? Proper factual truth, not made up shit backed with made up figures...
    Winding up drongos, foil hat wearers and over sensitive KBers for over 14,000 posts...........
    " Life is not a rehearsal, it's as happy or miserable as you want to make it"

Bike
    She resents being called a bike
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by mcshaz
    Interesting read.

Quote Originally Posted by mcshaz
    I see the vast majority of health professionals as being straight up and living in a world of lies along with almost every other human being in waiting walking the streets.

A world of lies is not hard to create when the lies are already in place. Control the level of plausibility/truth that is released as knowledge through groups of vested interests where no opposition can deny your findings i.e. the court of scientific opinion, done. Once the science is considered settled i.e. the majority of science believes the plausibility/truth of a thing. When most of our base knowledge was created, science was the privilege of rich men with a big fuck off agenda i.e. control knowledge for profit. IP being the pretty obvious protection mechanism to keep it all shrouded in mystery. As you say, we want our Dr's thinking critically and looking forwards, not backwards..., but there are 2 sets of evidence, and there seems to be a hesitancy to prove either one either way from one side of the fence, moreover wasting energy on trying to discredit the people. I'll go with Dr Sam and her fame seeking maverick buddies here, I'll call them gooses, coz all it takes to shut them up, as they say themselves, is to give the proof that they're asking for. Put it this way, if they're talking bollocks, then the resulting conversation could stop the mass publication of books that are known to contain fake information, eh, eh, eh......

Give them what they are asking for, because it will shut them up and settle the science a bit. Millions of lives are on the line. Yet that isn't an option, moreover the energy goes into shooting the messenger to protect conflicting knowledge. Important knowledge... but hey, political games, IP, and persons with no want to accept that they may be propagating falsehoods, that's were the debate sits. Kind of fucking sick of that being an acceptable outcome... but hey, I'm biased.
    I didn't think!!! I experimented!!!

Bike
    husaberg
    Quote Originally Posted by mashman View Post
    Interesting read.

I see the vast majority of health professionals as being straight up and living in a world of lies along with almost every other human being in waiting walking the streets.

A world of lies is not hard to create when the lies are already in place. Control the level of plausibility/truth that is released as knowledge through groups of vested interests where no opposition can deny your findings i.e. the court of scientific opinion, done. Once the science is considered settled i.e. the majority of science believes the plausibility/truth of a thing. When most of our base knowledge was created, science was the privilege of rich men with a big fuck off agenda i.e. control knowledge for profit. IP being the pretty obvious protection mechanism to keep it all shrouded in mystery. As you say, we want our Dr's thinking critically and looking forwards, not backwards..., but there are 2 sets of evidence, and there seems to be a hesitancy to prove either one either way from one side of the fence, moreover wasting energy on trying to discredit the people. I'll go with Dr Sam and her fame seeking maverick buddies here, I'll call them gooses, coz all it takes to shut them up, as they say themselves, is to give the proof that they're asking for. Put it this way, if they're talking bollocks, then the resulting conversation could stop the mass publication of books that are known to contain fake information, eh, eh, eh......

Give them what they are asking for, because it will shut them up and settle the science a bit. Millions of lives are on the line. Yet that isn't an option, moreover the energy goes into shooting the messenger to protect conflicting knowledge. Important knowledge... but hey, political games, IP, and persons with no want to accept that they may be propagating falsehoods, that's were the debate sits. Kind of fucking sick of that being an acceptable outcome... but hey, I'm biased.

Exactly what is your medical or scientific qualifications again?
    Quote Originally Posted by Katman View Post
    I reminder distinctly .

Kinky is using a feather. Perverted is using the whole chicken

Bike
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by scumdog View Post
    Who actually really knows the truth in this fiasco? ...
    The statisticians working in conjunction with health professionals to interpret the data.

The only fiascos are caused by dickheads wading in with their own opinions and a soapbox platform. In combination with politicians which the public is sometimes rightfully sceptical of and journalism biases.

Florence Nightingale was a statistics fanatic. That was her true superpower. The medical profession learnt from this.

Bike
    Not a Hayabusa anymore
    Quote Originally Posted by pritch View Post
    There's a long standing British tradition of being able to lawfully go about one's business in public without being acosted and requiring to product identification.

"Can Vee Zee your Papers, Please?"

Something that is not the same on the European Continent.

There's also a very interesting correlation between the countries that have this attitude of allowing the State certain powers and tyrannical regimes vs countries that have kept a long standing Liberal tradition and not had Tyrranical regimes.

Are they shooting people at the border? The correct answer is: 'Not yet' - but if I was to ask 'would they imprison or use the tyranny of the state to enforce things like a mandatory vaccination' - then I think we aren't that far off that scenario - and when people choose not to comply, then what?
    Physics; Thou art a cruel, heartless Bitch-of-a-Mistress

Thread Information