Page 13 of 162 FirstFirst ... 311121314152363113 ... LastLast

Thread: The journey that COVID-19 will take us on

Bike
    I Ride No More

Bike
    I Ride No More

Bike
    Now bikeless :-(
    Trials on remdesivir have shown it reduces the duration of symptoms but doesn't improve mortality. $3,200 for six days' worth of this drug doesn't sound like a very good deal, until you realise what US hospital stays cost I guess.

Seems like just another case of Trump not having a f*ckin clue on scientific matters but thinking he's a financial whiz in cornering markets.=

Bike
    Now bikeless :-(

"Ladies and Gentlemen, This Is The Plague"

Excellent podcast with Michael Moore interviewing Laurie Garrett. A brutally honest appraisal of the current COVID situation in the US and where we're all headed.
    https://podcasts.apple.com/us/podcas...=1000482810591

Bike
    Indian Scout
    Can't be bothered reading 13 pages of posts but I am bloody proud of NZ and how we eradicated Covid in such a short time. No pain no gain as they say and it worked. Now we have this hard earned but fragile safe haven we must keep it that way. There is only one way we can get Covid- by letting people step off a plane or boat onto NZ soil. It's really that simple - close the border. It's getting scary watching over the last week how Victoria is deteriorating so fast after border security failures. There's just no room for error.

I'm with Winston when he takes aim at these late returning Kiwis that ignored the earlier February & March calls to 'GET HOME NOW'. The writing was loud and clear back then that the world was about to turn to shit with a global pandemic. Every case we now have (20+) stepped of a recent plane- spot the problem?

The ones in hotels for 2 weeks at our expense that are moaning and sneaking out should be put on a plane back to where they came from. Aussie has introduced user pay for returning ex-pats, so should we. Anyone who sneaks across the Victoria to NSW border faces a $11,000 fine and 6 months in prison. Tough love for the good of the many.

Everything we gained from lockdown and the job loses that we have had to bear will all be lost, and a hell of a lot worse will follow if it gets back in. Hey this should be in the have a whinge thread.
    Happiness is a means of travel, not a destination

Bike
    I Ride No More

Bike
    Katanasaurus Rex
    Quote Originally Posted by MD View Post
    It's really that simple - close the border. It's getting scary watching over the last week how Victoria is deteriorating so fast after border security failures. There's just no room for error.
    Well it's not quite that simple.

Whether we like it or not, no-one has the right to deny a citizen of a particular country re-entry into that country.

What can be done (and most certainly needs to be done) is to regulate the rate at which those people return, to a number that can effectively and safety be managed.

Once those people are here the isolation protocol needs to be followed to the letter of the law - without exception.

That means tough luck for anyone wanting early release to attend funerals, weddings or anything similar.

Bike
    husaberg
    Confidential patient information available just contact the National party head office direct.

Not only do we have the latest two leaks.

Boag has done it previous
    In 2012, Boag was implicated in an ACC scandal relating to leaked information of 6700 claimants.
    Former National Party president Michelle Boag also said some elements within the National Party may have leaked information relating to ACC and Bronwyn Pullar
    A recording of a critical meeting between senior ACC managers and the whistleblower who exposed a massive privacy breach reveals the corporation misled its minister and the public.
    The corporation has alleged that client Bronwyn Pullar threatened at the meeting to go to the media unless she was given a guaranteed two-year benefit.
    It also alleged she said that she would withhold details of the breach involving the private details of 6500 other clients – including sexual abuse victims – if her demands were not met.
    Once details of the privacy breach were revealed by The Dominion Post, the ACC referred its extortion allegations against Pullar to police.
    However, a recording of a key meeting in December between Pullar, her support person Michelle Boag – a senior National Party figure – and two ACC managers is at odds with the corporation's claims that were included in a report ordered by ACC Minister Judith Collins.
    The ACC was given a transcript of the meeting more than three weeks ago, but has refused to correct its report.
    i am not sure why it surprise people when the fromer deputy leader did the same
    Social Development Minister Paula Bennett has refused to apologise to a single mother whose income details she released in 2009 - and will not rule out taking the same action again in the future
    Allegations on the Bridge: Paula Bennett's press secretary leaking info to media about Te Puea's Hurimoana Dennis under police investigation
    then we have crusher
    Former police minister Judith Collins is depicted in alleged social media conversations discussing the leak of evidence in a high profile case to blogger Cameron Slater, according to new information from the hacker Rawshark.
    The Rawshark files have Ms Collins contacting Slater late at night in September 2011 to complain about a TVNZ interview subject's views on the Urewera raids. Charges against 13 of the 17 people charged had just been dropped creating a contentious issue for Ms Collins to manage as police minister.
    udith Collins has resigned as a Minister from Cabinet, with the emergence of an email that suggests that she was undermining the then-head of the Serious Fraud Office while she was Police Minister.
    The email refers to former SFO chief executive Adam Feeley to the State Services Commission for celebrating the laying of charges against failed company Bridgecorp with a bottle of champagne recovered from Bridgecorp's former headquarters in 2010.
    or more Anne Tolley
    Former National Party minister Anne Tolley says she shared confidential details of Winston Peters' pension overpayments with family members and staff.
    She first learned of the issue at a weekly meeting with former Ministry of Social Development chief executive Brendan Boyle on July 31, 2017.
    Quote Originally Posted by Katman View Post
    I reminder distinctly .

Kinky is using a feather. Perverted is using the whole chicken

Bike
    Indian Scout
    Well it's not quite that simple.

Whether we like it or not, no-one has the right to deny a citizen of a particular country re-entry into that country.

What can be done (and most certainly needs to be done) is to regulate the rate at which those people return, to a number that can effectively and safety be managed.

Once those people are here the isolation protocol needs to be followed to the letter of the law - without exception.

That means tough luck for anyone wanting early release to attend funerals, weddings or anything similar.
    Quite right they have right to return but that must be weighed up against any harm their return will cause us all. Good to see on last night's News the PM is slowing the rate with Air NZ to stop taking bookings for the next 3 weeks to reduce the strain on the isolation centres. As she responded to the new Nat leader feeble attack, 'we're not denying them the right to return, we're just spreading out the arrivals so the risks can be safely managed.'

As for the arsehole from India who absconded yesterday to pop down to the Supermarket after testing Covid POSITIVE - Send the prick back to India. He has given the finger to all NZers and clearly thinks that he is more important than anything else in the world and with one selfish action potentially undone all we worked for. What is it with all this self entitlement behaviour these days. It's bloody everywhere. I grew up in a world of caring people.
    Happiness is a means of travel, not a destination

Bike
    1994 Triumph Trophy 1200
    As for the arsehole from India who absconded yesterday to pop down to the Supermarket after testing Covid POSITIVE - Send the prick back to India. He has given the finger to all NZers and clearly thinks that he is more important than anything else in the world and with one selfish action potentially undone all we worked for. What is it with all this self entitlement behaviour these days. It's bloody everywhere. I grew up in a world of caring people.
    Nah just charge him Countdowns loss of Revenue for the day they now have to be closed and the wage of the staff that now are self isolating. Stuff these bastards

Quote Jan 2020 Posted by Katman

Life would be so much easier if you addressed questions with a simple answer.

Bike
    husaberg
    Quite right they have right to return but that must be weighed up against any harm their return will cause us all. Good to see on last night's News the PM is slowing the rate with Air NZ to stop taking bookings for the next 3 weeks to reduce the strain on the isolation centres. As she responded to the new Nat leader feeble attack, 'we're not denying them the right to return, we're just spreading out the arrivals so the risks can be safely managed.'

Karen as usual, is wrong in his reply to you.
    No mater If you are a citizen by grant,or If you are a citizen by birth or If you are a citizen by descent
    Citizenship can be removed by the minister of internal affairs if you voluntarily act against the interests of New Zealand.
    https://www.govt.nz/browse/passports...z-citizenship/
    I reminder distinctly .

Bike
    Katanasaurus Rex
    Quote Originally Posted by husaberk View Post
    Karen as usual, is wrong in his reply to you.
    No mater If you are a citizen by grant,or If you are a citizen by birth or If you are a citizen by descent
    Citizenship can be removed by the minister of internal affairs if you voluntarily act against the interests of New Zealand.
    https://www.govt.nz/browse/passports...z-citizenship/
    Expecting to be allowed back into the country that you're a citizen of is certainly not grounds for having your citizenship revoked.

(And btw, if you hold no other citizenship other than that of the country of your birth, that citizenship cannot be revoked).

Bike
    husaberg
    Quote Originally Posted by Karen View Post
    Expecting to be allowed back into the country that you're a citizen of is certainly not grounds for having your citizenship revoked.

(And btw, if you hold no other citizenship other than that of the country of your birth, that citizenship cannot be revoked).
    only thats not what you said now is it, or what i said either.
    this is what you said
    "Whether we like it or not, no-one has the right to deny a citizen of a particular country re-entry into that country."
    This is what i said.

Seeing as i what i said is the LAW in NZ and what you said is a half baked opinion that's is clearly wrong.

Your statement is patently untrue, feel free to ague it all you want but it wont be with me, as you are not worth the typing.
    I reminder distinctly .

Bike
    Katanasaurus Rex
    Quote Originally Posted by husaberk View Post
    only thats not what you said now is it or what i said either."

Whether we like it or not, no-one has the right to deny a citizen of a particular country re-entry into that country."

Your statement ispatently untrue, feel free to ague it al you want but it wont be with me, as you are not worth the typing.
    Well if you've done nothing that qualifies as acting against the interests of New Zealand then your citizenship certainly cannot be revoked - doubly so if it's the only citizenship you hold.

But continue shooting yourself in the foot if you wish.

Bike
    suzuki
    So once the vaccines here and all but 50000anti vaxxers have had it and are reasonably well protected from it, what sacrifices will we have to make to keep the anti vaxxers away from Covid? I see a lifetime of like we are right now simply.

Thread Information