Page 55 of 162 FirstFirst ... 545535455565765105155 ... LastLast

Thread: The journey that COVID-19 will take us on

Bike
    1993 Yamaha FJ 1200
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by TheDemonLord View Post
    It's not about the total numbers given - it's more about what happens a year, 2 years, 5 years down the track - but as I said above - it seems to be a fantastic success.
    It's not about the numbers given ... it's the percentage of certainty that they'll do/have done ... what they're supposed to.

Have there been checks on the effectiveness of doses given ??
    When life throws you a curve ... Lean into it ...

Bike
    Not a Hayabusa anymore
    Quote Originally Posted by FJRider View Post
    It's not about the numbers given ... it's the percentage of certainty that they'll do/have done ... what they're supposed to.

Have there been checks on the effectiveness of doses given ??
    Oh I see - that's not a point I was making - but it's a fair call, so far the UK seems to be bouncing back.

But yes - it is prudent to have hard data.
    Physics; Thou art a cruel, heartless Bitch-of-a-Mistress

Bike
    1993 Yamaha FJ 1200
    Blog Entries
    ... so far the UK seems to be bouncing back.
    To even attribute that to "Effectiveness of the vaccines" ... might also be premature.
    When life throws you a curve ... Lean into it ...

Bike
    RZ496/Street 765RS/GasGas/ etc etc
    Blog Entries
    Potted Case history, have a look at Israel and what has happened to the infection rates then come back and tell us its unproven.
    Don't you look at my accountant.
    He's the only one I've got.

Bike
    husaberg
    The UK has had great results with 4 factors

Social distancing
    lockdowns
    1/3 of Pop now vaccinated

Not to mention 4 million people plus out of 67million already having had covid 19

Also, its coming into summer
    Quote Originally Posted by Katman View Post
    I reminder distinctly .

Kinky is using a feather. Perverted is using the whole chicken

Bike
    husaberg
    Quote Originally Posted by R650R View Post
    You don’t have to be a medical expert to have a belief on what you’d like put inside your body.
    I’d expect most customs staff to be reasonably we’ll educated and observant of their surroundings and analysis of data and records.
    ?
    science and Medical experts don't rely on beliefs they make decisions based on evidence and facts.
    #Medical experts are better than reasonably educated. Scientists and medical professionals are more educated in medicine than you or customs staff.

The customs staff were not vaccinated against their will they were removed as they wouldn't comply with the safety requirements of the job there were hired to do
    they were let go as they were not able to be transferred into another job as they lacked the necessary skills to be transferred.
    I reminder distinctly .

Bike
    Daelim VL250 Daystar
    The govt recently refreshed the bank deposit insurance scheme that had lapsed some time ago after the global finance crisis.
    Right now the govt guarantees up to $100,000 cash deposits in NZ banks, so their not shy about backing the integrity of something they believe in.
    So how about instead of wasting tax payer dollars on promoting the vaccine... how about they guarantee your health.
    Just imagine govt will payout say $1 million if you have long term Injury from the vaccine, that would be lot stronger than just saying it’s safe...

Meanwhile though in USA vax makers are protected by law from being sued over injury.... just think for a moment how hard that would be to successfully prove in court.... then wonder why they should need such protection at all????
    Govt gives you nothing because it creates nothing - Javier Milei

Bike
    husaberg
    The govt recently refreshed the bank deposit insurance scheme that had lapsed some time ago after the global finance crisis.
    Right now the govt guarantees up to $100,000 cash deposits in NZ banks, so their not shy about backing the integrity of something they believe in.
    So how about instead of wasting tax payer dollars on promoting the vaccine... how about they guarantee your health.
    Just imagine govt will payout say $1 million if you have long term Injury from the vaccine, that would be lot stronger than just saying it’s safe...

Meanwhile though in USA vax makers are protected by law from being sued over injury.... just think for a moment how hard that would be to successfully prove in court.... then wonder why they should need such protection at all????
    Maybe you should familiarise yourself with the facts rather than posturizing further conspiracy theories.
    https://www.health.govt.nz/system/fi...nt-summary.pdf
    You never did share with the forum what your medical or scientific credentials are beyond a boys scouts badge in first aid.
    I reminder distinctly .

Bike
    RZ496/Street 765RS/GasGas/ etc etc
    Blog Entries
    On the train to the big smoke to do a big boys 1st aid course. I'll ask about my badge, they have forgotten to send it the last several times.
    When I return I guess I'll be qualified to criticise the various ministry responses.

Watch out governmental bitches.
    Don't you look at my accountant.
    He's the only one I've got.

Bike
    Triumph Speed Triple
    Blog Entries

You can't sue the vaccine makers here either. ACC covers all that, well not the million dollars - or anything else they can get out of paying.
    There is a grey blur, and a green blur. I try to stay on the grey one. - Joey Dunlop

Bike
    Sold
    And long may you continue live long - and if you are in the at-risk bracket from dying from Covid (65+ I think) - then probably wise.

For the moment, being in my 30s, I'll gladly wait my turn...
    Thanks! . Yep, it's always a juggling act and primarily based on age in my case (74 this year). Had I been around your age (I wish ), I would probably have preferred to hang on a bit longer to get more science-based info. We used to travel a fair bit and hope to do that again if the planet gets its act together before I go totally gaga!

Bike
    Honda cb600 Hornet
    Quote Originally Posted by Blackbird View Post
    Thanks! . Yep, it's always a juggling act and primarily based on age in my case (74 this year). Had I been around your age (I wish ), I would probably have preferred to hang on a bit longer to get more science-based info. We used to travel a fair bit and hope to do that again if the planet gets its act together before I go totally gaga!
    That also depends on how community minded you are. My wife and I have had both doses, but we did this for the sake of the vulnerable people we come into contact with and also because I know the sooner we get high rates of vaccinations, the sooner we will open back up and the less kiwis will be doing it tough (yes your industry might be killing it, but tourism operators, flight attendants etc. are not). Some young adults are also being knocked down by a chronic fatigue like post COVID infection syndrome, which does not seem at all fun.

In regard to arguments such as the one posted that we are not sure if the declining rates of COVID (and all cause death rates) in countries well into their vaccination programs (Israel, UK, US) has anything to do with vaccination rates - there are no absolute certainties and therefore no incontrovertible arguments in this world (just balance of risk, which in this case is massively skewed in favour of vaccination at both a personal and population level) and therefore nothing on this thread will convince some people. Dietrich Bonhoeffer - a German anti-Nazi who died in a concentration camp shortly before liberation, penned this:
    Quote Originally Posted by Dietrich Bonhoeffer
    Stupidity is a more dangerous enemy of the good than malice. One may protest against evil; it can be exposed and, if need be, prevented by use of force. Evil always carries within itself the germ of its own subversion in that it leaves behind in human beings at least a sense of unease. Against stupidity we are defenseless. Neither protests nor the use of force accomplish anything here; reasons fall on deaf ears; facts that contradict one’s prejudgment simply need not be believed – in such moments the stupid person even becomes critical – and when facts are irrefutable they are just pushed aside as inconsequential, as incidental. In all this the stupid person, in contrast to the malicious one, is utterly self satisfied and, being easily irritated, becomes dangerous by going on the attack. For that reason, greater caution is called for when dealing with a stupid person than with a malicious one. Never again will we try to persuade the stupid person with reasons, for it is senseless and dangerous.

Bike
    I Ride No More

Waiving Covid Vaccine IP Rights

I see mention this morning that the Biden administration is looking at waiving Covid vaccine IP rights, and that negotiations will likely happen at some future WTO meetings.

https://sputniknews.com/us/202105051...nes-ustr-says/

It will be interesting to see what agreement is finally reached. And what quid pro quo is required.

In the meantime, I suppose Pfizer had better make the most of the situation:

https://www.rt.com/usa/523007-biden-...tual-property/
    https://www.rt.com/op-ed/522964-pfiz...vaccine-covid/
    https://www.theonion.com/5-things-to...ver-1846787751

Bike
    Triumph Speed Triple
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Viking01 View Post
    I see mention this morning that the Biden administration is looking at waiving Covid vaccine IP rights, and that negotiations will likely happen at some future WTO meetings.

https://sputniknews.com/us/202105051...nes-ustr-says/

It will be interesting to see what agreement is finally reached. And what quid pro quo is required.

In the meantime, I suppose Pfizer had better make the most of the situation:

https://www.rt.com/usa/523007-biden-...tual-property/
    https://www.rt.com/op-ed/522964-pfiz...vaccine-covid/
    https://www.theonion.com/5-things-to...ver-1846787751
    Interesting that Pfizer stocks took a hit. The patents they're using would be registered to BioNTech I'd have thought.
    There is a grey blur, and a green blur. I try to stay on the grey one. - Joey Dunlop

Bike
    I Ride No More
    Quote Originally Posted by pritch View Post
    Interesting that Pfizer stocks took a hit. The patents they're using would be registered to BioNTech I'd have thought.
    Evening.

My guess is that the drop in share price simply reflects projected loss of future revenue (priced in).

Re the Pfizer / BioNTech arrangement: The following articles make mention of a Letter of Intent for Co-Development, and their Material Transfer and Collaboration Agreement.

https://www.cnbc.com/2020/11/11/bion...9-vaccine.html
    https://investors.pfizer.com/investo...e/default.aspx

[Edit]
    One day later:

https://www.zerohedge.com/markets/me...ip-protections
    https://www.rt.com/op-ed/523068-joe-...cines-patents/

Thread Information