Page 71 of 162 FirstFirst ... 2161697071727381121 ... LastLast
Results 1,051 to 1,065 of 2423

Thread: The journey that COVID-19 will take us on

Bike
    1982 Suzuki GS1100GK, 2008 KLR650
    Blog Entries
    Peter Watkins who produced and directed "The War Game" previously made another docudrama, "Culloden". That was also pretty gruesome
    it's not a bad thing till you throw a KLR into the mix.
    those cheap ass bitches can do anything with ductape.
    (PostalDave on ADVrider)

Bike
    Daelim VL250 Daystar
    Govt gives you nothing because it creates nothing - Javier Milei

Bike
    RZ496/Street 765RS/GasGas/ etc etc
    Blog Entries
    I was just about to post that. For an obviously intelligent man he cab say some dumbfuck wilfully ignorant things.

Starting with emotive Hermit crab stuff and then comparing us to North Korea 3 times. FFS I think its pretty disingenuous to the poor sods there to even mention our countries in the same sentence.

He's banging on like we've all had both jabs. Yeah you might have Sir John but we are at 38% or something and the hospital system would have sunk given decades of underfunding by, well cunts just like you. You don't ramp that shit back up in a year.

Scenes like New York with queues of ambulances with people who can't get in dying in them as beds all full and doctors sick too. They were better prepared after 911 and better funded.

That's why if he or English were in power at the time we would have not closed the borders to help tourism. If course that industry would be fucked as no local tourism to hold them over.

To think I voted for that dick. Age has made him disconnected with reality.
    Don't you look at my accountant.
    He's the only one I've got.

Bike
    2014 Honda NC750X
    Blog Entries
    Yeah the ‘smug hermit kingdom’ and ‘North Korea’ references are stupid. So is the ‘ruling by fear’, unless by ‘fear’ he means sensible public health measures under the circumstances.

Also successfully setting up privately run MIQ facilities and a home-based quarantine system is not going to be as simple as he makes it sound.

If I was being uncharitable, I might also think that his desire to open up the borders is motivated more by his and his wealthy cohorts desire to spend most of the year overseas than his concern for everyday NZers stuck there.

And his inclusion of those wanting to come home to visit dying relatives in the MIQ lottery is factually wrong, there are provisions in place for jumping the queue on compassionate grounds.

And how can a lottery be unfair when there are limited spaces available? Unfair to John and co because now it’s much harder for those better resourced individuals and their family members to play the system, perhaps?

So whatever the John Key appeal is or was, it’s still a mystery to me.
    Moe: Well, I'm better than dirt. Well, most kinds of dirt. I mean not that fancy store bought dirt. That stuffs loaded with nutrients. I...I can't compete with that stuff.
    - The Simpsons

Bike
    husaberg
    Quote Originally Posted by F5 Dave View Post
    I was just about to post that. For an obviously intelligent man he cab say some dumbfuck wilfully ignorant things.

Starting with emotive Hermit crab stuff and then comparing us to North Korea 3 times. FFS I think its pretty disingenuous to the poor sods there to even mention our countries in the same sentence.

He's banging on like we've all had both jabs. Yeah you might have Sir John but we are at 38% or something and the hospital system would have sunk given decades of underfunding by, well cunts just like you. You don't ramp that shit back up in a year.

Scenes like New York with queues of ambulances with people who can't get in dying in them as beds all full and doctors sick too. They were better prepared after 911 and better funded.

That's why if he or English were in power at the time we would have not closed the borders to help tourism. If course that industry would be fucked as no local tourism to hold them over.

To think I voted for that dick. Age has made him disconnected with reality.
    The Helen Clark-led Labour Government cut Government debt from 23 per cent when it came into power to 5 per cent, as the global economy boomed.
    Debt has shot up under National, from 5 per cent when it came to power to nearly 25 per cent in 2017
    Under John Key and Bill English, debt as a percentage of GDP skyrocketed from 9.1 percent to 24.6 percent. Before COVID-19, our Government reduced this debt to below 20 percent of GDP – and thanks to our careful economic management, we’ve been able to get our economy moving faster through our COVID recovery.

The numbers show this wasn’t a one-off. Helen Clark’s Labour Government inherited a net debt of 23.9 percent of GDP from the Bolger/Shipley Government, which Labour’s Finance Minister Michael Cullen paid down to 5.4 percent of GDP.
    The Government made no secret it was borrowing more than it needed in the year to 30 June 2011. Early in May, Prime Minister John Key told Parliament the Government’s bond programme for the year had recently been extended to $20 billion. This was more than required for the year, but the Debt Management Office was front-loading some borrowing to take advantage of favourable market conditions.
    This meant new debt had averaged $380 million week, an “absolutely unaffordable” increase, Key said. This inevitably invited follow-up Opposition questions about whether the Government could afford to spend $44 million week on tax cuts for the wealthiest 10 percent of our country, and so on – but that’s another issue. The focus here is on borrowing and its consequences.
    On 7 June, when questioned about the Government’s borrowing requirements, Finance Minister Bill English elaborated: the Debt Management Office had borrowed about $5 billion more than was strictly necessary in 2010/11 to take advantage of beneficial market conditions. Over the next 12 months, as consequence, it would borrow about $5 billion less because it already has the money in the bank. Given the state of world financial markets, he regarded this – in hindsight – as “a very smart move”.
    Government debt has reached $60 billion, having climbed $27 million a day since John Key became prime minister - and forecasts show it will rise for years to come.
    Despite tax revenue being higher than expected and expenses lower in recent months, Treasury figures show net Crown debt reached the highest yet at $60,015,000,000 at the end of September.
    It already equates to 28 per cent of New Zealand's economic output, is more than $13,000 for every person in New Zealand and is forecast to climb by another $10b by 2017.
    When National took control of the Beehive in 2008, debt was just over $10b,
    Under National Mortgage interest rates reached 9.99 per cent. I certainly remember how my debt stayed scarily stagnant, but my salary kept being taken by the bank. I sold my house for $40,000 less than I'd bought it for four years earlier. Crash, bang and crunch.
    The cowards, cowboys, the unskilled and the vulnerable were cleaned out by the global financial crisis. A $50 billion revenue hole was discovered in the Government's books. National was borrowing $250 million a week to pay the most basic of our country's bills. Teachers, nurses and our police were paid by swiping the country's credit card.

ational leader John Key has confirmed that a future National government would borrow to finance its tax cuts and spending plans, Finance Minister Michael Cullen warned today.

On Newstalk ZB this morning Mr Key said 'certainly under a National government net debt…will rise.'
    "It is clear Mr Key is repeating his comments in the House last week when he indicated he would be prepared to borrow against the assets of the New Zealand Superannuation Fund.
    "We are only in a positive net asset position because of the wise build up of assets in the New Zealand Superannuation Fund which National belatedly supported.
    "The fact that we have the Super Fund is not a reason to increase debt.
    That would wipe out the purpose of the fund, which is to meet future liabilities from our ageing population.
    "If we have higher debt, government payments on interest will be higher,
    restricting our ability to make investments today.

https://www.rnz.co.nz/news/on-the-inside/319701/john-key's-$400bn-legacy
    https://www.stuff.co.nz/national/pol...s-by-27m-a-day
    https://www.stuff.co.nz/national/pol...-full-of-fails
    https://www.beehive.govt.nz/release/...orrow-tax-cuts
    https://www.beehive.govt.nz/release/...nd-hope-policy
    Quote Originally Posted by Katman View Post
    I reminder distinctly .

Kinky is using a feather. Perverted is using the whole chicken

Bike
    Aprillia RSV1000R 92 KX500
    Blog Entries
    Irony comes in hot and heavy at the 9.50 mark.

Bike
    RZ496/Street 765RS/GasGas/ etc etc
    Blog Entries
    Don't you look at my accountant.
    He's the only one I've got.

Bike
    Now bikeless :-(
    And then there's this: https://twitter.com/BadCOVID19Takes/...905537/photo/1

Some classic comments on that tweet too

Bike
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by F5 Dave View Post

Kim Jon Ki has already had one go at fucking over NZ. Sounds like he is setting yjiong in motion to get another turn at becoming supreme leader
    (PostalDave on ADVrider)

Bike
    Blog Entries
    And has no problem creating lies to fit his narrative:

As John Key took to the airwaves to take on the Government over its Covid-19 response, he said we could have paid for priority delivery of the Pfizer vaccine – a claim the company says is 'incorrect and baseless'.

Pharmaceutical giant Pfizer has categorically denied former prime minister John Key’s claim that New Zealand could have paid $40 million for earlier access to its Covid-19 vaccine, saying the notion is “incorrect and baseless”.
    (PostalDave on ADVrider)

Bike
    Triumph Speed Triple
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by pete376403 View Post
    And has no problem creating lies to fit his narrative:

As John Key took to the airwaves to take on the Government over its Covid-19 response, he said we could have paid for priority delivery of the Pfizer vaccine – a claim the company says is 'incorrect and baseless'.

Pharmaceutical giant Pfizer has categorically denied former prime minister John Key’s claim that New Zealand could have paid $40 million for earlier access to its Covid-19 vaccine, saying the notion is “incorrect and baseless”.

I did read something that said this was always "fake news". The National Party grabbed at it, the press didn't question it, and now Key used it. Classic example of how misinformation spreads. Our journalists need a rocket up the arse.
    There is a grey blur, and a green blur. I try to stay on the grey one. - Joey Dunlop

Bike
    77 XL250
    Quote Originally Posted by pritch View Post
    Our journalists need a rocket up the arse.
    I think the real journalists have retired. These days it seems to be would-be 'influencers' repeating what they saw on social media or read in a press release.
    The best way to forget all your troubles is to wear tight underpants.

Bike
    Triumph Speed Triple
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Dadpole View Post
    I think the real journalists have retired. These days it seems to be would-be 'influencers' repeating what they saw on social media or read in a press release.
    There's a lot of truth in that. Someone I know has a family connection to a newspaper. He says the paper just can't offer the money to attract a qualified journo. They hire young unqualified people.
    There is a grey blur, and a green blur. I try to stay on the grey one. - Joey Dunlop

Bike
    Daelim VL250 Daystar
    Quote Originally Posted by pritch View Post
    There's a lot of truth in that. Someone I know has a family connection to a newspaper. He says the paper just can't offer the money to attract a qualified journo. They hire young unqualified people.
    Cadetships in journalism have always been common at bottom of ladder, good on the job training has always been better than a qualification. However now it’s the blind leading the blind.

One of the worst things is for a journalist to inject themselves into the story. All we should know Is they wrote it, we should not know their opinion or experiences in regard to story. They are supposed to interview both sides and accurately quote what they said.

So often a news article is a barely disguised opinion piece missing the critical who,what,where, when, why, how of the situation.

But now we have a generation of fatherless youth indoctrinated by mostly lefty/greenie/feminist teachers coming into journalism with the millennial sense of entitlement along with thinking in folly of youth that they know everything....

Mind you one of HSTs great quotes “ If I wrote the absolute truth I know, about 600 people including myself would be dead “

Then there’s our $55milluon of govt “sponsorship”....

https://spectator.com.au/2021/09/the...zealand-media/
    Govt gives you nothing because it creates nothing - Javier Milei

Bike
    77 XL250
    further reading: https://muckrack.com/amy-brooke/articles
    http://www.100days.co.nz/

That shows all the hallmarks of a replacement for that Whale Oil turdfest.
    The best way to forget all your troubles is to wear tight underpants.

Thread Information