Page 19 of 162 FirstFirst ... 917181920212969119 ... LastLast

Thread: The journey that COVID-19 will take us on

Bike
    Not a Hayabusa anymore
    Quote Originally Posted by MaxPenguin View Post
    You have no common sense, and please don't project a health response to tyrrany, that is not the case, and you know it, you are just trying to act intelligent, and not pulling it off very well .
    In Uncommon situations, perhaps it's Uncommon Sense that is needed.

There are people - mainly those who have a strong libertarian bent (which is myself included) that have looked at the way various Governments and Government entities have acted during this and seen some rather worrying over-reaches by all of the above, to the point where people needed to challenge the Government, in court, to have their Rights respected. We are concerned about the Ratchet effect - something which is done 'Just this once' has a curious habit of happening again.

Is it Tyranny? Does the Police fining you for Walking your dog sound like Tyranny? or encouraging neighbours to report on people they see going outside to do Exercise? You will likely disagree, and that is fine. Myself and others see a thin end of a Wedge.
    Physics; Thou art a cruel, heartless Bitch-of-a-Mistress

Bike
    Twowheeled
    Quote Originally Posted by TheDemonLord View Post
    In Uncommon situations, perhaps it's Uncommon Sense that is needed.

There are people - mainly those who have a strong libertarian bent (which is myself included) that have looked at the way various Governments and Government entities have acted during this and seen some rather worrying over-reaches by all of the above, to the point where people needed to challenge the Government, in court, to have their Rights respected. We are concerned about the Ratchet effect - something which is done 'Just this once' has a curious habit of happening again.

Is it Tyranny? Does the Police fining you for Walking your dog sound like Tyranny? or encouraging neighbours to report on people they see going outside to do Exercise? You will likely disagree, and that is fine. Myself and others see a thin end of a Wedge.
    Is wearing a helmet tyranny?

Bike
    Triumph Speed Triple
    Blog Entries
    Well, another one to add to the long list of failed Labour projects.

But if they try and go for another big lockdown - they can get fucked.
    I guess the advantage of that outlook is that it saves you thinking.

Considering we have, as yet, no idea how the infection occurred, any blame is premature and absurd.
    There is a grey blur, and a green blur. I try to stay on the grey one. - Joey Dunlop

Bike
    RZ496/Street 765RS/GasGas/ etc etc
    Blog Entries
    Fuk yeah let's have Sturgis NZ. That will show the man.
    Don't you look at my accountant.
    He's the only one I've got.

Bike
    suzuki
    Fuck the anti vaxxers. It's their choice if they die, most are pro choice anyway.
    yip, but we know how the minority get the attention...

Bike
    Not a Hayabusa anymore
    Is wearing a helmet tyranny?
    Quod Tu Katman?

The difference between that and the current scenario is that we actually have Laws for the Wearing of Helmets (regardless of my personal feelings on the matter) whereas for a number of the Government's actions during the first Lockdown, they didn't.

How would you feel if you were fined for something that wasn't illegal?

Bike
    Not a Hayabusa anymore
    Quote Originally Posted by pritch View Post
    I guess the advantage of that outlook is that it saves you from having to think up apologia and excuses for Labour.
    fixed it for you...

Quote Originally Posted by pritch View Post
    Considering we have, as yet, no idea how the infection occurred, any blame is premature and absurd.
    A fact which I do not contest, however there is sufficient circumstantial evidence to support a reasonable theory that the vector was linked to overseas travel (especially since that has been the vector for almost all the current cases).

This is after we were told ad nauseum by The Government, the Media and persons such as yourself that the fault lay with the rank and file workers and that this had been addressed and wouldn't happen again etc.

The Auckland Lockdown also comes after the Government had been tooting it's own horn about 100 days free of Community Transmission (Pride Cometh before the Fall?)

Bike
    Katanasaurus Rex
    Quod Tu Katman?
    I notice your answer to my question about mandatory vaccination is conspicuous by it's absence.

Bike
    Not a Hayabusa anymore
    Quote Originally Posted by Katman View Post
    I notice your answer to my question about mandatory vaccination is conspicuous by it's absence.
    Because you've been given the answer each and every time you've tried to play that card before.

Bike
    Katanasaurus Rex
    Because you've been given the answer each and every time you've tried to play that card before.
    Well it appears that you don't really know what idea it is that you support.

On one hand you claim that citizens have certain inalienable rights but on the other you appear to support the idea of people being forced to submit to a medical intervention against their will.

Bike
    Not a Hayabusa anymore
    Well it appears that you don't really know what idea it is that you support.

On one hand you claim that citizens have certain inalienable rights but on the other you appear to support the idea of people being forced to submit to a medical intervention against their will.
    Well, if you fail to understand the underlying principles then it would seem that way.

But as I said, you've been given the answer before, multiple times - if you either fail to understand it or deliberately refuse to understand it, that isn't my issue.

Bike
    Katanasaurus Rex
    Well, if you fail to understand the underlying principles then it would seem that way.

But as I said, you've been given the answer before, multiple times - if you either fail to understand it or deliberately refuse to understand it, that isn't my issue.
    I'm well aware of your propensity for attempting to weasel out of a question by claiming that you've answered it before.

So I'll ask again - where do you stand on the question of mandatory vaccination?

If you don't want to answer the question due to the fact that it may expose your hypocrisy, that's fine - just have the balls to admit it.

Bike
    Not a Hayabusa anymore
    I'm well aware of your propensity for attempting to weasel out of a question by claiming that you've answered it before.

So I'll ask again - where do you stand on the question of mandatory vaccination?

If you don't want to answer the question due to the fact that it may expose your hypocrisy, that's fine - just have the balls to admit it.
    "Your rights end were someone else's begin"

Bike
    Twowheeled
    Quod Tu Katman?

The difference between that and the current scenario is that we actually have Laws for the Wearing of Helmets (regardless of my personal feelings on the matter) whereas for a number of the Government's actions during the first Lockdown, they didn't.

How would you feel if you were fined for something that wasn't illegal?
    Depends on the situation. No point using irrelevant laws.

Bike
    It was on the good
    Quote Originally Posted by F5 Dave View Post
    Fuk yeah let's have Sturgis NZ. That will show the man.
    Or lets all bugger off from Auckland in the morning just before they shut the airport and spread it around the country.

auckland-arrivals-symptoms-booking-covid-tests-queenstown

You never know, might even score two extra free weeks of accommodation out of it. Inconsiderate pricks.

Thread Information