Page 69 of 162 FirstFirst ... 1959676869707179119 ... LastLast
Results 1,021 to 1,035 of 2423

Thread: The journey that COVID-19 will take us on

Bike
    She resents being called a bike
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by R650R View Post
    I did not message you any of the above material.
    ... it's far more likely that Pritch received a message from Dave calling him a lying cunt for spreading misinformation with regards to ivermectin, and he's just deflecting.
    I didn't think!!! I experimented!!!

Bike
    husaberg
    Quote Originally Posted by mashman View Post
    ... it's far more likely that Pritch received a message from Dave calling him a lying cunt for spreading misinformation with regards to ivermectin, and he's just deflecting.
    A not surprising conclusion considering...........

https://thenewdaily.com.au/life/scie...ical-thinking/
    https://www.psypost.org/2021/07/new-...-ability-61347
    https://www.sciencealert.com/belief-...e-to-the-story
    https://www.researchgate.net/publica...inking_Ability
    https://www.cambridge.org/core/books...3A21E126BDF22A
    Quote Originally Posted by Katman View Post
    I reminder distinctly .

Kinky is using a feather. Perverted is using the whole chicken

Bike
    husaberg

I reminder distinctly .

Bike
    Triumph Speed Triple
    Blog Entries
    There is a grey blur, and a green blur. I try to stay on the grey one. - Joey Dunlop

Bike
    RZ496/Street 765RS/GasGas/ etc etc
    Blog Entries
    Because intellectuals are often real world stupid
    Don't you look at my accountant.
    He's the only one I've got.

Bike
    Triumph Speed Triple
    Blog Entries
    No wonder the Ivermectin didn't work. They were doing it wrong.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	E_iAXnVXIAMvXPv.jpeg 
Views:	9 
Size:	59.0 KB 
ID:	349654  
    There is a grey blur, and a green blur. I try to stay on the grey one. - Joey Dunlop

Bike
    husaberg
    As of Dec 4 2020

1,298,455 Total tests

2219 positive test results

139 (estimated based on 6.3% in previous data of 1600/80 approx) Hospitalised

25 dead

WHY is it SO HARD to find the data on how many people in NZ NEEDED hospital treatment for this.
    This number has to be actively suppressed as ALL the other data comes up very EASY in searches.
    The answer is so people don’t ask WHY are we scared.
    Can you imagine a Pandemic being declared of the PM said oh by the way 93% of you that actually manage to contract the virus won’t need to go to hospital just stay home and rest.
    Nothing else matters the maths tells the story, especially post lockdown any new cases should have spread massively as everyone suddenly enjoyed a watered down form of freedom.
    And just think of all those Asymptomatic cases in the 3,800,000 people that have NOT been tested...
    There should be another 6600 odd positive cases, another 400 extra in hospital and another 75 people dead, where are they????
    330 million people in USA potentially exposed to virus, 188,000 dead (and that number is under review)

2.5 million USA soldiers served in Vietnam, 58,318 of them were killed.

ThatÂ’s roughly 2% of soldiers served tragically died in combat.

So far 0.05 percent of USA has died from covid. Or in ‘Merican Imperial measurement that’s 5697 in every ten million dead.
    These posts havn't dated well, Now have they.
    Especially given the US death figures are up to 670,000 now
    https://www.nationalgeographic.com/h...ovid-19-losses
    NZ deaths are 27.

For the record Covud is now only about 130,000 deaths behind WW2 for US deaths.
    I reminder distinctly .

Bike
    husaberg
    I think we will actually end up having a major second wave next year...
    The only places not having second waves are the likes of Sweden which achieved herd immunity/exposure. All the countries that did what we did are experiencing second waves, the only thing saving us at moment from it is essentially our iron curtain closed border, eventually, we have to reopen that...
    What’s really saved us is NZ’s lovely winter sunshine and easy access to clean outdoor air and a massive lack of public transport systems.
    this one hasnt aged well either especially as the death rates for Sweden were worse than near neighbours and for even the USA.
    Maybe that's while they don't hire truck drivers to run disease management and health care.
    Let's be honest here you don't have any medical or scientific qualifications nor have you manage any contagious disease programs have you?

https://www.reuters.com/article/uk-f...-idUSKBN28C2R7
    According to mortality analyses from the Johns Hopkins Coronavirus Resource Center (here), the case fatality rate in Sweden is 2.6% -- higher than that of neighboring Finland (1.6%), Norway (0.9%) and Denmark (1.0%), as well as the United States (2.0%). As a country, Sweden has had 66.76 COVID-19 deaths per 100,000 people, compared to 7.23 in Finland, 6.28 in Norway, 14.59 in Denmark, and 82.72 in the United States.
    https://www.news-medical.net/news/20...searchers.aspx

Analysis of the time series of individuals who tested positive for SARS-CoV-2 in the Stockholm metropolitan area since September 1st, 2020, showed that two distinct epidemic waves followed the first wave that occurred in the Spring of 2020.

Before the second wave arose, the SARS-CoV-2 seroprevalence was around 10%. This rose to 22.6% after the second wave, but before the third wave was initiated. By extrapolation, this gives a seroprevalence of about 33% at the end of May 2021, says the team.
    Vaccination is a must
    The team emphasizes that this study is not suggesting that it is safe to lift NPI’s, but rather it implies that around 60% of the community could have some level of protection against SARS-CoV-2 under current NPIs.

Such protection could disappear due to emerging mutations and exposure to higher viral doses following the lifting of restrictions, say the researchers.

Furthermore, it is impossible to know if pre-immunity is present or not, they write.

“Based on this, it is our firm conclusion that the vaccination roll-out must continue with high participation to avoid both personal tragedies and COVID-19 becoming endemic.”
    I reminder distinctly .

Bike
    '17 CRF 1000LD
    Quote Originally Posted by husaberg View Post
    this one hasn't aged well either especially as the death rates for Sweden were worse than near neighbours and for even the USA.
    Also - the economy in Sweden has been hit harder than Norway, Finland or Denmark. And - the unemployment rate increase has been worse in Sweden than in Norway, Finland or Denmark. Anyone saying we should look to Sweden as an example of how to do things . . . well, that person just proved how clueless and stupid they are. With around 15k deaths in Sweden and double our population, we would have 7.5k deaths here if things went the same way as there - I think our 27 deaths is quite a bit better than 7.5k deaths. Also - Sweden has not even remotely come close to achieving herd immunity. Sweden is a country we can learn from, but only as an example of what NOT to do.
    ----------------------------------------------------
    Quote Originally Posted by PrincessBandit View Post
    I realised that having 105kg of man sliding into my rear was a tad uncomfortable
    "If the cops didn't see it, I didn't do it!"
    - George Carlin (RIP)

Bike
    RZ496/Street 765RS/GasGas/ etc etc
    Blog Entries
    You would think that R125r would feel contrite about proposing entirely wrong opinions and misinformation. But, no, he will just double down with more, never learning or modifying his behavior.
    Don't you look at my accountant.
    He's the only one I've got.

Bike
    2014 Honda NC750X
    Blog Entries
    Very happy with the vaccination push happening in Auckland and have now had my first jab.

Not so impressed with my experience as a close contact through some casual 'essential' work I've been doing. Was exposed almost a month ago, took a week to be identified, did another week of self isolation to make up the 14 days, had the two negative tests (although they only ended up being three days apart due to the time it took to identify me) and back to work.

Three days short of a month later, two weeks after I'd completed the fourteen days and gone back to work I got a call from the Ministry of Health contact tracers on Saturday. Isn't this a bit late, I asked the nice lady, she agreed but still wanted to go through a series of questions with me, which I duly answered. And just this morning they sent me a 'daily' health questionnaire to fill out.

I realise this is a sample of one, but it doesn't give me much confidence that the current lockdown in Auckland is going to end in success. I've also been in a position to observe the precautions being taken at an 'essential' workplace and how much compliance there is among the whole workforce (management included) and it's a long way short of 100%, even five weeks in.

So all my money is on the vaccine at this point, I can't see the lockdown working this time and expect Auckland to soon be in the same position as Melbourne. I hope I'm wrong.
    Moe: Well, I'm better than dirt. Well, most kinds of dirt. I mean not that fancy store bought dirt. That stuffs loaded with nutrients. I...I can't compete with that stuff.
    - The Simpsons

Bike
    Daelim VL250 Daystar
    11th hour curveball....
    https://www.nzherald.co.nz/nz/covid-...chool-students

Glad the thought of Sunday traffic altered my destination of choice yesterday....

Yep mr Neerd compliance fatigue is rife. It’s a bit like wearing your seatbelt everyone knows they should do it but oh I’m only just going up to the shops, they don’t see the day to day trauma ems workers do etc.

Now just wait til
    Borders open up and people think their “safe” because of the vax
    Govt gives you nothing because it creates nothing - Javier Milei

Bike
    '17 CRF 1000LD
    I'm an essential worker in the Waikato. I've had my 2 jabs, so at least I'm reasonably safe from the worst effects of Covid. I deliver to a high school and noticed that practically no teachers or students are wearing masks. I'm not sure that the mask wearing being 'highly recommended but not mandatory' in schools is a great idea, it might be a better idea to make masks mandatory in levels 4, 3 and down to 2.
    ----------------------------------------------------
    Quote Originally Posted by PrincessBandit View Post
    I realised that having 105kg of man sliding into my rear was a tad uncomfortable
    "If the cops didn't see it, I didn't do it!"
    - George Carlin (RIP)

Bike
    Now bikeless :-(

Prophecy?

I remember watching this mockumentary when it first aired on NZ TV back in the early 2,000s (just after 9/11) and was pretty moved by the possibility of what it portrays. Roll forward almost 20 years and it has become an all too accurate dramatisation of what we're now living through. The only question is where on this compressed epidemic timeline do you put us presently?

Bike
    1982 Suzuki GS1100GK, 2008 KLR650
    Blog Entries
    Deja vu indeed. The BBC used to be good at making these things. Earlier there was a similar one "The War Game" about a nuclear bomb dropped on south east England. It was considered scary enough to be banned
    it's not a bad thing till you throw a KLR into the mix.
    those cheap ass bitches can do anything with ductape.
    (PostalDave on ADVrider)

Thread Information