Page 18 of 162 FirstFirst ... 816171819202868118 ... LastLast

Thread: The journey that COVID-19 will take us on

Bike
    Not a Hayabusa anymore
    Quote Originally Posted by sugilite View Post
    Exactly, the likes of DL assigning the "fault" to a political party that is acknowledged as being World leaders in the handling of Covid19 is par of the course for political left/right handicapped individuals.
    How it is dealt with from this point, should be the actions upon which the current government is judged upon. So far so good, we all got alerts, clear and precise instructions from Government have been published by the media. I believe we have got this.

People can point their fingers at it being a failed border entry and thus the fault of the governing party. These same people seem to forget that a plane is not the only way to enter NZ. All it takes is some arrogant desperado/s to sail into NZ on a yacht and land on any of the hundreds of beaches available for such endeavors in New Zealand. So pointing the finger before facts are known, is well pointless - coincidentally, another gift DL is well endowed with.
    Though if full lock down was ever enforced, I would encourage DL to rebel in protest and we can respect his squealings that will surely be emanating from his cell in prison.
    So, the fact that the cases just so happen to be in South Auckland, which just so happens to be the site of our largest international airport - complete coincidence.

Now, getting to your Yacht BS - how long does it take to Sail to NZ - from most places that aren't Australia or the Pacific islands - I'm betting probably around 2 or so weeks (given that Australia is around an 8 day voyage) - so lets think:

You're on a Boat, with no one else except the people who you started the journey with, you can't come into contact with anyone else and you stay like that for 2 or more weeks...

Sounds almost exactly like Managed Isolation, doesn't it....

Add on top of that, it's not like we don't have a Maritime patrol network with P3 Orions and several surface vessels that could intercept people trying to get to NZ.

Regardless of the international Fawning over Jacinda - the fact that we 'beat COVID' and then through government incompetence let it back in, speaks volumes. Would any other party have done better? Probably not - but they aren't the ones in power, nor are they the ones being propped up as some form of Messianic figure - so Fuck 'em.

As for Rebelling - well, when the Government issues mandates that are in fact illegal, it is ones moral obligation to Rebel.
    Physics; Thou art a cruel, heartless Bitch-of-a-Mistress

Bike
    Aprillia RSV1000R 92 KX500
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by TheDemonLord View Post
    So, the fact that the cases just so happen to be in South Auckland, which just so happens to be the site of our largest international airport - complete coincidence.
    OK, I admit, I gone done looked at what sort of special lame you cooked up in your latest defend your position at all costs
    Are there not a bunch of bays around the South Auckland area?

Now, getting to your Yacht BS - how long does it take to Sail to NZ - from most places that aren't Australia or the Pacific islands - I'm betting probably around 2 or so weeks (given that Australia is around an 8 day voyage) - so lets think:
    Think huh? Well here you go "In October 2013, Big Bird set a new record for crossing the Tasman Sea in just 2 days 19 hours 2 minutes 45 seconds. They sailed in the Sydney-to-Auckland [1] direction. "
    assuming they did not have the fastest boat, refer to next quote....

You're on a Boat, with no one else except the people who you started the journey with, you can't come into contact with anyone else and you stay like that for 2 or more weeks...

Sounds almost exactly like Managed Isolation, doesn't it....
    So what your intimating is - after landing in New Zealand illegally wanting to avoid the authorities and bypass quarantine, you know for sure you don't have a disease that often does not show symptoms? Even if you get symptoms, you suddenly want to be socially responsible and get a test? Be interesting to see how it was detected, maybe someone dobbed them? Hope so.

Add on top of that, it's not like we don't have a Maritime patrol network with P3 Orions and several surface vessels that could intercept people trying to get to NZ.
    Wow, with a super force like that, drug smugglers and the like don't stand a chance of getting in undetected along New Zealands VAST coastline.

Regardless of the international Fawning over Jacinda - the fact that we 'beat COVID' and then through government incompetence let it back in, speaks volumes. Would any other party have done better? Probably not - but they aren't the ones in power, nor are they the ones being propped up as some form of Messianic figure - so Fuck 'em.
    Bet you would have posted different if National were governing.

As for Rebelling - well, when the Government issues mandates that are in fact illegal, it is ones moral obligation to Rebel.
    Do it!

To say debunking your drivel is like shooting fish in a barrel, is an insult to the fish

But, please do go on defending your position at all costs

Bike
    Not a Hayabusa anymore
    OK, I admit, I gone done looked at what sort of special lame you cooked up in your latest defend your position at all costs
    Are there not a bunch of bays around the South Auckland area?
    Awwww Honey, did you miss me? What is it with all these people that supposedly have me on an Ignore list, yet keep referencing me and responding to me?

Must be my captivating and endearing personality....

This is not 'defend at all costs' - this is 'what is the most likely and glaringly obvious culprit', we magically go 102 days without community transmission and then mysteriously people who live near our biggest international airport are detected with the Virus...

I might infer something different and sing a different tune if the cases were in the middle of Twizel or somewhere similar.

Think huh? Well here you go "In October 2013, Big Bird set a new record for crossing the Tasman Sea in just 2 days 19 hours 2 minutes 45 seconds. They sailed in the Sydney-to-Auckland [1] direction. "
    assuming they did not have the fastest boat, refer to next quote....
    So.... You're quoting a world-record speed as indicative of a typical time?!?!?! What is that about defending at all costs? That's plucking the ripest, most succulent Cherry if ever I saw it.

BTW - the 8 days - was from Yachting NZ as a typical time.

Wow, with a super force like that, drug smugglers and the like don't stand a chance of getting in undetected along New Zealands VAST coastline.
    Why would they bother when they just send it through the front door and play the odds? It's much cheaper, can be done on a larger scale and is more efficient.

Speaking to several friends who work in MPI/Customs etc. - They are fully aware they can only inspect a fraction of what comes through, speaking to someone who works on Reefer containers at the ports - they have some horror stories about finding things they shouldn't have.

Bet you would have posted different if National were governing.
    No, I'm pretty sure I've refereed to National as 'Political Cowards'.

Do it!
    Who is saying that in my own ways I haven't? Maybe my form of rebellion isn't a big self-aggrandizing march with placards and screeched empty platitudes, but something more Civil and Disobedient.

Bike
    Blog Entries
    Awwww Honey, did you miss me? What is it with all these people that supposedly have me on an Ignore list, yet keep referencing me and responding to me?

Must be my captivating and endearing personality....
    I was trolling you by referencing you, you wrote screes and screes to my few sentences
    Anyways, yes if you want to believe your personality is captivating, so be it. I have taken you off my ignore list now.

This is not 'defend at all costs' - this is 'what is the most likely and glaringly obvious culprit', we magically go 102 days without community transmission and then mysteriously people who live near our biggest international airport are detected with the Virus...

I might infer something different and sing a different tune if the cases were in the middle of Twizel or somewhere similar.
    Yes if course, living close to the airport is a prerequisite for for getting in undetected. How do you suppose they did it? Parachute out the escape hatch unnoticed? The ever popular, hide in the wheel wells and tuck and roll on arrival? Bungy? Wait no, that would just be silly
    Anyone smart enough to sail across would not be able to arrange a ride from a landing location eh? If course not

So.... You're quoting a world-record speed as indicative of a typical time?!?!?! What is that about defending at all costs? That's plucking the ripest, most succulent Cherry if ever I saw it.

BTW - the 8 days - was from Yachting NZ as a typical time.
    Well spotted, yes I did mention it was a record, shame you missed the part where I said "Assuming they did not have the fastest boat." But you know, defend at all costs, ignore what has been said yadda yadda.
    So, ummm, you initially mentioned the yacht journey would likely take more than 14 days, so please refresh my mind, is the average 8 day journey time you mention in the above post longer or shorter than the recommended quarantine time?

Speaking to several friends who work in MPI/Customs etc. - They are fully aware they can only inspect a fraction of what comes through, speaking to someone who works on Reefer containers at the ports - they have some horror stories about finding things they shouldn't have.
    Though I have still not run out of straw-men of yours I have been using to start my winter fires, I spose I can throw this one in the shed too.

Who is saying that in my own ways I haven't? Maybe my form of rebellion isn't a big self-aggrandizing march with placards and screeched empty platitudes, but something more Civil and Disobedient.
    So, a rebel in your own mind? Impressive

Bike
    Katanasaurus Rex
    I was trolling you by referencing you, you wrote screes and screes to my few sentences
    I think you'll find it's 'screeds'.

Bike
    '76 CB550 Super Sport
    Quote Originally Posted by Katman View Post
    Ju.st stop that you spelling bee hero.

No sorry that is Dr Sellulite and pritch.

Again my apologies.

Bike
    Not a Hayabusa anymore
    Anyways, yes if you want to believe your personality is captivating, so be it. I have taken you off my ignore list now.
    Well, eitherway trolling or not - Welcome Back.

Yes if course, living close to the airport is a prerequisite for for getting in undetected. How do you suppose they did it? Parachute out the escape hatch unnoticed? The ever popular, hide in the wheel wells and tuck and roll on arrival? Bungy? Wait no, that would just be silly
    Anyone smart enough to sail across would not be able to arrange a ride from a landing location eh? If course not
    I suppose this makes sense, considering it's 5 o'Clock somewhere.

Well spotted, yes I did mention it was a record, shame you missed the part where I said "Assuming they did not have the fastest boat." But you know, defend at all costs, ignore what has been said yadda yadda.
    So, ummm, you initially mentioned the yacht journey would likely take more than 14 days, so please refresh my mind, is the average 8 day journey time you mention in the above post longer or shorter than the recommended quarantine time?
    If it's 8 days from Australia, using the fastest route, then suggesting a longer time for everyone who isn't Australia (like I said initially) is likely to exceed 2 weeks - Now, where have I heard about 2 weeks enforced isolation before?

Though I have still not run out of straw-men of yours I have been using to start my winter fires, I spose I can throw this one in the shed too.
    I hope they keep you as warm as you think they will. The point however stands - Customs only inspect a fraction of what crosses the border and Criminals are constantly finding new methods to disguise illegal content as legit so they can ship it normally. This isn't the Florida Keys.

So, a rebel in your own mind? Impressive
    Maybe, Maybe not. It's not a subject I'm willing to give any further info on, so it's your choice as to whether you believe it.

Bike
    Twowheeled

Legal schmegal. What about ones moral obligation to help contain a virus that is spreading through your community, and some rebel you are, rebelling to uphold the law? Error isn't that ass backward?

Bike
    Not a Hayabusa anymore
    Quote Originally Posted by MaxPenguin View Post
    Legal schmegal. What about ones moral obligation to help contain a virus that is spreading through your community, and some rebel you are, rebelling to uphold the law? Error isn't that ass backward?
    The question becomes a philosophical one:

Which is worse: A Virus or Government Tyranny.

If the Government does something that by it's own statutes,is illegal - then we (the citizenry) have a moral obligation to oppose that. That is not necessarily to say that this is mutually exclusive to taking steps to help contain a Virus - but for the sake of argument, let's assume that they are.

I hold that at the very core of our western society there are a set of ideas and that these ideas are so fundamentally important that to override them, regardless of the nobleness of the intent, is wrong.

I further hold that everything that flows and every consequence from the continued implementation of these ideas is either Good or is the least worst. To that end, making sure that the Government abides by it's own rules is worth almost any cost (be that Financial or in Human Lives) because every time a Government or any governing institution decides it is above it's own laws - Tyranny and death follow soon after.

Am I a Rebel? If those statements make me Rebellious, then I put it to you that it is a far more damning scenario about the state of our democracy than it is any statement about my Character.

Bike
    Katanasaurus Rex
    I hold that at the very core of our western society there are a set of ideas and that these ideas are so fundamentally important that to override them, regardless of the nobleness of the intent, is wrong.
    So where do you stand on the question of mandatory vaccination?

Bike
    RZ496/Street 765RS/GasGas/ etc etc
    Blog Entries
    Lockdowns ok. Just as long as they don't bring back Being Nice.

That was getting on my Tits.
    Don't you look at my accountant.
    He's the only one I've got.

Bike
    Katanasaurus Rex
    Quote Originally Posted by F5 Dave View Post
    Lockdowns ok. Just as long as they don't bring back Being Nice.

That was getting on my Tits.
    That's odd - cos you're awfully quick to have a little cry every time you feel that someone's being mean to you.

Bike
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Katman View Post
    Actually, I meant "screams"

Bike
    Twowheeled
    The question becomes a philosophical one:

Which is worse: A Virus or Government Tyranny.

If the Government does something that by it's own statutes,is illegal - then we (the citizenry) have a moral obligation to oppose that. That is not necessarily to say that this is mutually exclusive to taking steps to help contain a Virus - but for the sake of argument, let's assume that they are.

I further hold that everything that flows and every consequence from the continued implementation of these ideas is either Good or is the least worst. To that end, making sure that the Government abides by it's own rules is worth almost any cost (be that Financial or in Human Lives) because every time a Government or any governing institution decides it is above it's own laws - Tyranny and death follow soon after.

Am I a Rebel? If those statements make me Rebellious, then I put it to you that it is a far more damning scenario about the state of our democracy than it is any statement about my Character.
    You have no common sense, and please don't project a health response to tyrrany, that is not the case, and you know it, you are just trying to act intelligent, and not pulling it off very well .

Bike
    Indian Scout
    I think the incumbent Government did a fantastic job once Covid got into NZ and doubt the Nats or others would have done near as well. Shame they didn't take the border risk seriously enough. It wasn't rocket science. The ONLY way it could get here was by someone stepping onto NZ soil from overseas. Airport, port, beach, whatever. When you know EXACTLY where a killer threat is going to come from you would expect an appropriate level of caution and prevention to be applied. 200 to 700 people arriving everyday was not an appropriate level of precaution- as we sadly all learned last night.

A concern is the population is fatigued from the 1st lockdown and from acting like nice caring people. Look at some of the comments above about being a hero and rebelling against lockdown. Yeah lets be selfish and not try to beat Covid spread to spite the Government and see how that turns out in a couple of months- worked wonders in Victoria. Well unless you were one of the 19 people that died yesterday in Victoria.

There is a moral obligation to be caring, to hell with whether or not the Govt tells you too, all those around us face losing loved ones, losing our jobs and losing all the freedoms we have enjoyed over the last few months are about to evaporate.

I feel for those facing job loses, those businesses that struggled to survive lockdown, then got a taste of recovery only to have the mat pulled from under them.
    Last edited by MD; 12th August 2020 at 22:32. Reason: 19 not 1900 typo
    Happiness is a means of travel, not a destination

Thread Information