Page 51 of 162 FirstFirst ... 41495051525361101151 ... LastLast

Thread: The journey that COVID-19 will take us on

Bike
    I Ride No More

Trans Tasman Travel Resumes

Morning.
    Since seeing that flights have now resumed across the Tasman, I have been looking for any NZ Government statement on the likely course(s) of action that the NZ Government will take if Covid-19 cases start to be detected in NZ as a result of inbound tourists from Australia.

An Australian article from the 16th April indicated that Scotty would be reluctant to close state borders in the event of Covid infections, mainly because of the impact upon Australian business:

https://www.businessinsider.com.au/a...vaccine-2021-4

It was not clear to me whether Australia would close (i) just the affected state border to outbound flights (ii) all of Australia to outbound flights to NZ ?

But more fundamentally, what would NZ then require of any Australian tourists that might have arrived in NZ within a few days of an Australian outbreak being declared ?

I checked the Government Covid-19 website to see if there was any comment on intended NZ Government response, but couldn't find any.

If anyone happens to have seen comment re the above, could they please post up a link ? Thanks.

Bike
    Daelim VL250 Daystar
    Quote Originally Posted by Viking01 View Post

But more fundamentally, what would NZ then require of any Australian tourists that might have arrived in NZ within a few days of an Australian outbreak being declared ?

I checked the Government Covid-19 website to see if there was any comment on intended NZ Government response, but couldn't find any.

If anyone happens to have seen comment re the above, could they please post up a link ? Thanks.
    “Intended response” that’s hilarious, they’ve been making it all up as they go along, no consistency or rational thought behind actions.

I wonder what happens to anyone who left Australia for here slightly before the bubble date for whatever reason... do they get to escape quarantine prison or do they get “ early release “ lol

Here’s what’s gonna happen, they gonna let this work long enough for people to get a sense of freedom, any initial cases will be hushed up as weak positives from prior infection. Then when winter hits we’ll get smashed with Nationwide level four lockdown again as tourists will have visited everywhere.
    Then they’ll make the next bubble travel only for those vaccinated and using the vax passport app.
    Non tracers will be blamed and scanning detail recording will become mandatory regardless of level.
    Several businesses and their owners will be shutdown and imprisoned for failing to comply

Jacinda will appear on tv waving her hands and head flick randomly telling us “we’ll look it’s like this, no one could have envisioned this, it’s a work in progress, look no system is failsafe, we need to be kind and wash our hands, I completely understand some people’s concerns and that’s why we e been working around the clock for a solutions, I’ve been in close talks with all the people involved and we are working on a resolution”

You read it here first.
    Govt gives you nothing because it creates nothing - Javier Milei

Bike
    Triumph Speed Triple
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by R650R View Post
    “Intended response” that’s hilarious, they’ve been making it all up as they go along, no consistency or rational thought behind actions.
    No consistency or rational thought? Really?

At times the govt may have seemed unduly optimistic or trusting, but currently this government is a world leader with their pandemic response. (Fingers crossed.) That is not an accident, that took courage, planning and foresight, and yes, rational thought. Everybody had to make it up as they went along, it has been a century since the last pandemic.

There is evidence of lack of rational thought but generally that is more prevalent among critics of the government: the anti mask and anti vaxxer nutters.
    There is a grey blur, and a green blur. I try to stay on the grey one. - Joey Dunlop

Bike
    Not a Hayabusa anymore
    Quote Originally Posted by pritch View Post
    but currently this government is a world leader with their pandemic response.
    Is that because of the actions of the Government or is that because of our Physical isolation from the rest of the world, our ability to control access at the border, our Modern healthcare system, our very low population density and the overall health/genetics of the population?

Because many other countries tried to do what NZ did and failed miserably.
    Other countries didn't do what NZ did (like Taiwan), they didn't have extended lockdowns, have a significantly higher population Density than NZ - and also did very well.
    Physics; Thou art a cruel, heartless Bitch-of-a-Mistress

Bike
    moped
    INDIA.. Flights to start again next week....won't this be fun

Bike
    Daelim VL250 Daystar
    Quote Originally Posted by pritch View Post
    No consistency or rational thought? Really?

At times the govt may have seemed unduly optimistic or trusting, but currently this government is a world leader with their pandemic response. (Fingers crossed.) That is not an accident, that took courage, planning and foresight, and yes, rational thought. Everybody had to make it up as they went along, it has been a century since the last pandemic.

There is evidence of lack of rational thought but generally that is more prevalent among critics of the government: the anti mask and anti vaxxer nutters.
    The govt was anti mask early on...

Well it’s ferked already, airport worker tests positive....

Bike
    Daelim VL250 Daystar
    Oh I see they looking at air conditioning issues at two MIQ facilities... the dumbarses only just realise everyone’s breathing the same air???

Bike
    Triumph Speed Triple
    Blog Entries
    The govt was anti mask early on...
    As simple as it is, you've got it wrong. The govt initially wanted the masks to go where they would be most needed, the front line health workers. Once they had that covered they advised the public to wear them in some circumstances. Eminently sensible really.
    There is a grey blur, and a green blur. I try to stay on the grey one. - Joey Dunlop

Bike
    Triumph Speed Triple
    Blog Entries
    the dumbarses only just realise everyone’s breathing the same air???
    They've been looking at that for months. Hotels were not designed to be isolation facilities so there are compromises. We don't have a specially designed isolation facility with negative pressure rooms etc so they're working with what we've got. So far to mostly good effect. Fingers crossed.

Bike
    Daelim VL250 Daystar

Bike
    RZ496/Street 765RS/GasGas/ etc etc
    Blog Entries
    On data so won't watch that currently.

Can't say I'm a fan of this trans tasman bubble. Still seems to be covid untraced in Melbourne from water tests. And presumably 100s of kiwis currently holidaying there ready to come back with no quarantine. What is the upside again?
    Don't you look at my accountant.
    He's the only one I've got.

Bike
    1982 Suzuki GS1100GK, 2008 KLR650
    Blog Entries
    And the door may open to travellers from India soon. What could possibly go wrong?
    it's not a bad thing till you throw a KLR into the mix.
    those cheap ass bitches can do anything with ductape.
    (PostalDave on ADVrider)

Bike
    RZ496/Street 765RS/GasGas/ etc etc
    Blog Entries
    Well it's not open. They have to do quarantine. That's a fair difference.
    Don't you look at my accountant.
    He's the only one I've got.

Bike
    Triumph Speed Triple
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by F5 Dave View Post
    Can't say I'm a fan of this trans tasman bubble.
    Yeah. I'd have preferred we were more advanced with the vaccination programme, but I guess the govt was under a lot of pressure to open the bubble.

Bike
    Daelim VL250 Daystar
    Quote Originally Posted by F5 Dave View Post
    On data so won't watch that currently.

Can't say I'm a fan of this trans tasman bubble. Still seems to be covid untraced in Melbourne from water tests. And presumably 100s of kiwis currently holidaying there ready to come back with no quarantine. What is the upside again?
    Won’t plot spoil but a few pertinent points....

A dangerous bio warfare bacteria being tested/designed by USA escapes a lab in a foreign country (it was too dangerous to be making in their own country!) after a terrorist intrusion into facility.
    One of them escapes and boards train...
    It’s mentioned that it has 60% infection rate...
    A top doctor is conveniently on the train and says to other passengers if your not sick already then you’ve got natural immunity as we’ve all been exposed by now...
    Authorities lie to public and passengers and what’s happening to avoid panic....

Yep the Aussie thing is stupid I think it’s to deliberately trigger an eventual nationwide level 4 lockdown again and then to have full commie 24/7 track and trace and full forced vaccination....

Fluff news has an article that it’s at Mount Everest now, how bright is that to let it into the worlds most iconic location that has the temperature to store the virus forever or is it a cover story for future releases of the virus again....

Thread Information