Page 30 of 162 FirstFirst ... 2028293031324080130 ... LastLast

Thread: The journey that COVID-19 will take us on

Bike
    husaberg
    Quote Originally Posted by RDJ View Post
    Sure, Dave, sure.

The OECD estimates that New Zealand’s GDP will fall by 8.9 per cent this year, worse than the OECD average of 7.5 per cent.

The U.S. economy is forecast to contract 6.1% this year.

New Zealand had huge advantages in terms of isolation, distance and small population, yet our extremely heavy lockdown has resulted in a worse economic outcome than most.

Two thirds of OECD countries expected to fare better economically than New Zealand. Australia and South Korea are only expected to contract by 5 per cent and 1.2 per cent this year respectively.

You were saying, Dave?
    Quote Originally Posted by Viking01 View Post
    Morning.

Could you provide a link to the data that you presented?

So, given that you said earlier that there were options in-between (i) do nothing (ii) lockdown borders, what were you proposing?

Cheers,
    Viking
    It came from a press release from the NZ National party
    for those that don't believe me
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	national party press realease. lol.JPG 
Views:	250 
Size:	75.2 KB 
ID:	347408

here is the actual OECD report rather than a cherry-pick from the low hanging fruitloop that is Natiional.

Name:	NZL-EO-june-2020-30.pdf 
Views:	30 
Size:	214.8 KB 
ID:	347409
    Quote Originally Posted by Katman View Post
    I reminder distinctly .

Kinky is using a feather. Perverted is using the whole chicken

Bike
    I Ride No More
    Quote Originally Posted by husaberg View Post
    it came from a press release from the NZ National party
    don't believe me

here is the actual OECD report rather than a cherry-pick from the low hanging fruitloop that is Natiional.

Evening.
    Thanks for that info. I hadn't been able to find exactly that data in any of the OECD documents I had read (saved) recently. So i wondered from where it had been sourced.
    Cheers,
    Viking.

Bike
    Wots I gots.

Bike
    I Ride No More

Food for Thought

New US paper on vaccine uptake:

https://www.nejm.org/doi/full/10.1056/NEJMp2020926

Bike
    RZ496/Street 765RS/GasGas/ etc etc
    Blog Entries
    I'd expect the poll could have been done in a Vowel state. Anywhere that they think their best defense is a gun. I guess Cali would be more enlightened. Hippies and Facebook mums aside.

I did have a giggle considering if they ended up having to buy a Chinese produced vaccine in desperation and trying to sell the idea to entire redneck States who would scream blue murder at the thought. But that is actually a terrible scenario as the whole world needs to squash this. We are not and island.
    Well yes we technically are, quite a few islands, but that's not my point. Planes make that a bit redundant, and we need the world economy to recover to trade.
    Don't you look at my accountant.
    He's the only one I've got.

Bike
    Katanasaurus Rex
    Mandatory vaccination can get fucked.

Bike
    Blog Entries
    Not sure what you are worried about, your cellphone is already controlling your thoughts and buying decisions. Quick! . Stamp on it and set yourself free.

Bike
    Yo momma
    Quote Originally Posted by F5 Dave View Post
    I'd expect the poll could have been done in a Vowel state. Anywhere that they think their best defense is a gun. I guess Cali would be more enlightened. Hippies and Facebook mums aside.

I did have a giggle considering if they ended up having to buy a Chinese produced vaccine in desperation and trying to sell the idea to entire redneck States who would scream blue murder at the thought. But that is actually a terrible scenario as the whole world needs to squash this. We are not and island.
    Well yes we technically are, quite a few islands, but that's not my point. Planes make that a bit redundant, and we need the world economy to recover to trade.
    Dave mate it looks like you've been sucked off by false advertising.
    Lets go Brandon

Bike
    Blog Entries
    What do you mean by that? Coronavirus is not real? This is going to be gone and we'll be better than ever.

Jeez it would be serious ironing if the orange fella caught the supposed china virus.

Me I prefer winners rather than losers.

Bike
    ETEC 800
    They say the orange man does indeed have covid. I live in a so called hotspot and have never met anyone who has contracted covid. The media seems very misleading in this.
    Last edited by Condyn; 3rd October 2020 at 00:26. Reason: Wanted to edit.

Bike
    Triumph Speed Triple
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Condyn View Post
    They say the orange man does indeed have covid. I live in a so called hotspot and have never met anyone who has contracted covid. The media seems very misleading in this.
    210,000 people might disgree, but they aren't available to comment.
    There is a grey blur, and a green blur. I try to stay on the grey one. - Joey Dunlop

Bike
    husaberg

Wife: Why did you lie to me about having an STD?
    Husband: I didn't want to cause a panic. The STD is the hookers fault blame them.
    I reminder distinctly .

Bike
    Wots I gots.
    Dr Anthony Fauci: “There’s no reason to be walking around with a mask. When you’re in the middle of an outbreak wearing a mask might make people feel a little bit better, and it might even block a droplet, but it’s not providing the perfect protection people think that it is.”

The Center for Infectious Disease Research and Policy, located at the University of Minnesota, declared that there was no data available to support recommendations for mask use by the general public: “We do not recommend requiring the general public who do not have COVID-19-like illness to routinely wear cloth or surgical masks because there is no scientific evidence they are effective in reducing the risk of SARS-CoV-2 transmission.”

The Journal of the American Medical Association (JAMA) agrees: “Face masks should not be worn by healthy individuals to protect themselves from acquiring respiratory infection because there is no evidence to suggest that face masks worn by healthy individuals are effective in preventing people from becoming ill.”

The American Association of Physicians and Surgeons: “Cloth masks will be ineffective at preventing SARS-CoV-2 transmission, whether worn as source control or as personal protective equipment (PPE). Surgical masks are better than cloth but not very efficient at preventing emissions from infected patients.”

...even the N95 mask which I used in previous SARS and viral outbreaks, and which is in very short supply relative to cloth and surgical masks, is 95% effective at preventing contamination by particles that are three microns or larger. COVID-19 is .125 of a micron. Math. It's a thing.

Bike
    husaberg
    Sure, Dave, sure.

The OECD estimates that New Zealand’s GDP will fall by 8.9 per cent this year, worse than the OECD average of 7.5 per cent.

The U.S. economy is forecast to contract 6.1% this year.

New Zealand had huge advantages in terms of isolation, distance and small population, yet our extremely heavy lockdown has resulted in a worse economic outcome than most.

Two thirds of OECD countries expected to fare better economically than New Zealand. Australia and South Korea are only expected to contract by 5 per cent and 1.2 per cent this year respectively.

You were saying, Dave?
    Morning.

Could you provide a link to the data that you presented?

So, given that you said earlier that there were options in-between (i) do nothing (ii) lockdown borders, what were you proposing?

Cheers,
    Viking
    Quote Originally Posted by husaberg View Post
    It came from a press release from the NZ National party
    for those that don't believe me

At which point do you admit you quoted the NZ national party rather than the report as you claimed?
    because it clearly obvious its word for word...........From a NZ national party press release.

by the way you also bs the oecd figures for the USA
    https://www.oecd.org/economy/united-...omic-snapshot/
    I reminder distinctly .

Bike
    Blog Entries
    Dr Anthony Fauci: “There’s no reason to be walking around with a mask. When you’re in the middle of an outbreak wearing a mask might make people feel a little bit better, and it might even block a droplet, but it’s not providing the perfect protection people think that it is.”

The Center for Infectious Disease Research and Policy, located at the University of Minnesota, declared that there was no data available to support recommendations for mask use by the general public: “We do not recommend requiring the general public who do not have COVID-19-like illness to routinely wear cloth or surgical masks because there is no scientific evidence they are effective in reducing the risk of SARS-CoV-2 transmission.”

The Journal of the American Medical Association (JAMA) agrees: “Face masks should not be worn by healthy individuals to protect themselves from acquiring respiratory infection because there is no evidence to suggest that face masks worn by healthy individuals are effective in preventing people from becoming ill.”

The American Association of Physicians and Surgeons: “Cloth masks will be ineffective at preventing SARS-CoV-2 transmission, whether worn as source control or as personal protective equipment (PPE). Surgical masks are better than cloth but not very efficient at preventing emissions from infected patients.”

...even the N95 mask which I used in previous SARS and viral outbreaks, and which is in very short supply relative to cloth and surgical masks, is 95% effective at preventing contamination by particles that are three microns or larger. COVID-19 is .125 of a micron. Math. It's a thing.
    Typical Trump supporter tactics. Try to deflect criticism of Satan by pointing at Jesus and saying. Well, he was Jewish.

Thread Information