Page 60 of 162 FirstFirst ... 1050585960616270110160 ... LastLast

Thread: The journey that COVID-19 will take us on

Bike
    Triumph Speed Triple
    Blog Entries
    Cases are on the rise again in the US, mostly in the redneck, shithole states. Of course they are following the lead of the Republican Party, Fox, and Newsmax who all rant against vaccines. Lauren Boebert was excessively shrill about the "Fauci ouchi" at the CPAC Klanklave this last weekend.

Dying to own the libs. The stupidity is monumental.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	E6CKl5EVUAMIknY.jpeg 
Views:	39 
Size:	96.9 KB 
ID:	349360  
    There is a grey blur, and a green blur. I try to stay on the grey one. - Joey Dunlop

Bike
    Daelim VL250 Daystar
    Quote Originally Posted by pritch View Post
    Cases are on the rise again in the US, mostly in the redneck, shithole states. Of course they are following the lead of the Republican Party, Fox, and Newsmax who all rant against vaccines. Lauren Boebert was excessively shrill about the "Fauci ouchi" at the CPAC Klanklave this last weekend.

Dying to own the libs. The stupidity is monumental.
    She obviously hasn’t researched the number one cause for lost/damaged cellphones lol if only her hubby had left some copies very of popular mechanics in there to read.
    Govt gives you nothing because it creates nothing - Javier Milei

Bike
    Triumph Speed Triple
    Blog Entries
    So it seems that Ivermectin might be more effective as cattle drench?

https://www.theguardian.com/science/...CMP=GTAU_email
    There is a grey blur, and a green blur. I try to stay on the grey one. - Joey Dunlop

Bike
    R1200GSA
    So it seems that Ivermectin might be more effective as cattle drench?

https://www.theguardian.com/science/...CMP=GTAU_email
    The “study” was a preprint. It had not yet gone through the peer review process. Preprints are an indication of what you intend to try and get published.
    Peer review is not a perfect system but if a Masters student was able to pick up some issues, there is a fair chance reviewers with expertise in the field might just have.
    Because something is in circulation does not mean it stands up to any scrutiny, a bit like you know, YouTube and Twitter

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Life is not measured by how many breaths you take, but how many times you have your breath taken away

Bike
    2005 Kawasaki 636
    I live in this property in Spain and they vaccinate everybody here. I think now it's from 30 years old and older. You just need to be registered in the country (live here, visa, residence or citizenship). Vaccines are free and easy to get. I read somewhere that over 40% of population is already vaccinated. But on the sea area in some provinces they removed restrictions on wearing masks on the streets... which is no good during tourist season, especially when people come to Spain from all over the world.
    Hi

Bike
    Triumph Speed Triple
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Bofizo View Post
    I live in property in Spain and they vaccinate everybody here. I think now it's from 30 years old and older. You just need to be registered in the country (live here, visa, residence or citizenship). Vaccines are free and easy to get. I read somewhere that over 40% of population is already vaccinated. But on the sea area in some provinces they removed restrictions on wearing masks on the streets... which is no good during tourist season, especially when people come to Spain from all over the world.
    Our programme is a bit behind that. The vaccination programe is being done in stages, currently old people are being vaccinated. Perhaps as early as next week they are dropping the age, but I'd be surprised if they will be ready for that.

There is no COVID in the community currently, but we have several foreign ships in various ports with COVID cases on board. I seem to recall one of the ships is Spanish.

Bike
    2005 Kawasaki 636
    Our programme is a bit behind that. The vaccination programe is being done in stages, currently old people are being vaccinated. Perhaps as early as next week they are dropping the age, but I'd be surprised if they will be ready for that.

There is no COVID in the community currently, but we have several foreign ships in various ports with COVID cases on board. I seem to recall one of the ships is Spanish.
    The problem with the virus is that you can't see it and many people can not even know that they have it... no symptoms
    Hi

Bike
    Triumph Speed Triple
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Bofizo View Post
    The problem with the virus is that you can't see it and many people can not even know that they have it... no symptoms
    The waste water is tested so they know if anybody has the virus, and it was announced this morning that somebody in this town has it. It may be just one person recently returned from overseas. They are checking that, and have opened a testing facility for anyone showing symptoms.

I wasn't thriled to hear this on the news. My first vaccine appointment is tomorrow.

https://www.tvnz.co.nz/one-news/new-...2t0o2oYBG0s71I

Bike
    Daelim VL250 Daystar
    The waste water is tested so they know if anybody has the virus, and it was announced this morning that somebody in this town has it. It may be just one person recently returned from overseas. They are checking that, and have opened a testing facility for anyone showing symptoms.

I wasn't thriled to hear this on the news. My first vaccine appointment is tomorrow.

https://www.tvnz.co.nz/one-news/new-...2t0o2oYBG0s71I
    When you stop to think about the volume of material that's in the sewer it amazes me they can "test" for the virus like that. Meth I can understand as it's a pure scientific chemical reaction....
    But the "virus" you are trying to find very small particles of antibodies or the actual virus itself???
    Surely the residual amount of sanitiser and household bleach and chemicals going down basin and shower drains along with dishwasher and laundry enzymes would destroy and remaining virus particles????
    Govt gives you nothing because it creates nothing - Javier Milei

Bike
    2014 Honda NC750X
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by R650R View Post
    When you stop to think about the volume of material that's in the sewer it amazes me they can "test" for the virus like that. Meth I can understand as it's a pure scientific chemical reaction....
    But the "virus" you are trying to find very small particles of antibodies or the actual virus itself???
    Surely the residual amount of sanitiser and household bleach and chemicals going down basin and shower drains along with dishwasher and laundry enzymes would destroy and remaining virus particles????
    I may have misinterpreted this but I think it says if you have it, it gets into your poo.

https://www.stuff.co.nz/national/hea...-covid19-virus
    Moe: Well, I'm better than dirt. Well, most kinds of dirt. I mean not that fancy store bought dirt. That stuffs loaded with nutrients. I...I can't compete with that stuff.
    - The Simpsons

Bike
    husaberg
    Quote Originally Posted by nerrrd View Post
    I may have misinterpreted this but I think it says if you have it, it gets into your poo.

https://www.stuff.co.nz/national/hea...-covid19-virus
    Corect they test every hour for RNA virus material.
    R650R doesn't let not knowing what he's talking about slow him down from typing.

detect viral RNA in a sample, we are very confident that it is actually from SARS-CoV-2. PCR is a widely used methodology, is extremely sensitive and can produce false positive results particularly when we are looking for things at very low levels. This is something we constantly work to guard against. We have a lot of positive and negative controls, and lots of replicates. Before reporting a positive, particularly a very low level unexpected positive, we would always repeat the PCR, and then the whole extraction on a stored replicate sample.
    https://www.esr.cri.nz/our-expertise...stewater-faqs/
    Lets see, does R650R know more about testing than the ESR.........
    Quote Originally Posted by Katman View Post
    I reminder distinctly .

Kinky is using a feather. Perverted is using the whole chicken

Bike
    Triumph Speed Triple
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by nerrrd View Post
    Not my idea of a fun job. Better than the one described in 'Itchy Boots' a few weeks back. Noraly was visiting an old abandoned diamond mine. Back in the day, before the crew went on leave they were given a laxative and had to take a dump over a series of screens placed there to catch any diamonds that had been swollowed with the intention of stealing them.
    I'd have let them have the diamonds rather than check those screens.

Bike
    husaberg
    I reminder distinctly .

Bike
    Triumph Speed Triple
    Blog Entries
    Virus figures are spiking in the US, so in Chicago there is a huge live music event: "Lollapalooza". (Picture below.)

This week bikers from all over the USA are heading to Sturgis, South Dakota. And like last time, many of them will take the disease back home with them.

Amazing!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	E7oOZPHXMAAIeCV.jpeg 
Views:	24 
Size:	112.1 KB 
ID:	349427  

Bike
    husaberg
    Virus figures are spiking in the US, so in Chicago there is a huge live music event: "Lollapalooza". (Picture below.)

This week bikers from all over the USA are heading to Sturgis, South Dakota. And like last time, many of them will take the disease back home with them.

Amazing!
    In 2016 46.1% of Americans who voted voted for an orange fraudster who is a compulsive liar.
    incredibly 46.8% voted for him in the next election.
    This proves you should never underestimate the stupidity and gullibility of Americans.

Only about 34% of Americans can even name the three branches of the federal government: executive, legislative, and judicial
    I reminder distinctly .

Thread Information