Page 4 of 16 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast

Thread: Post Pandemic Lockdown Scenarios

Bike
    Not a Hayabusa anymore
    Quote Originally Posted by Katman View Post
    Does that go for mandatory vaccination as well?
    That depends on whether the Civic responsibility is included in that discussion.
    Physics; Thou art a cruel, heartless Bitch-of-a-Mistress

Bike
    She resents being called a bike
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by R650R View Post
    There’s two ways this pans out... the virus magically mostly disappears and we return to some form of normal rampant consumerism
    This is what will likely happen because this is all that is currently on the table to choose from. Similarly to the OP, I'd venture, and instead of the COVID (gold), we'll get a UBI and most likely with a debt jubilee to reset everything to "fair". No other laws will need to be changed (they might, but it'd be risky given that it could skew the "fair" bit), because the UBI will be enough to ensure that we continue with rampant consumerism and taxation flowing from where most accept it should flow from. All parties will get behind a UBI because it will be considered "fair" as it will apply equally to everyone. All parties will get behind a debt write-off because it will be considered "fair" as it too will apply equally to everyone i.e. no individual, business or government will have any debt. But the end result will be the same as we run out of resource, confront tech unemployment as businesses all compete and upgrade for the next industrial revolution leaving jobs to the UBI, the environment changes as it's raped further for ever more exotic resources to sell sell sell so that we can earn money and create useless jobs etc...

It's the best we can do apparently.
    I didn't think!!! I experimented!!!

Bike
    Twowheeled
    Quote Originally Posted by TheDemonLord View Post
    Did we have Police monitoring the Supermarkets? No?
    ).
    Probably due to aforementioned resource issue.

Bike
    Quiet plodder
    Quote Originally Posted by MaxPenguin View Post
    Glad it hasn't got to that level.
    Still had 'security' in the supermarket I use.

Thought it was strange the announcement in the shop.
    Dont over purchase we won't be running out.

Here I am looking at shelves empty and restrictions on quantity on others....

At work the bank and accountant think this will all pass and things will slowly get back to the way they where. Sure some people will make changes like more remote work at home or whatever. Maybe less requirements to be in a big city.

READ AND UDESTAND

Bike
    motocompo
    Quote Originally Posted by eldog View Post
    Glad it hasn't got to that level.
    Still had 'security' in the supermarket I use.

Thought it was strange the announcement in the shop.
    Dont over purchase we won't be running out.

Here I am looking at shelves empty and restrictions on quantity on others....
    That's because people have been over purchasing.
    Once this shit is over & people stop hoarding, I imagine theres households that won't need to go to the supermarket for three months.

Bike
    Quiet plodder
    SB - That's probably true for a lot of people.

The only thing I have hoarded is that I have finally spent some time with those around me who matter.

READ AND UDESTAND

Bike
    Not a Hayabusa anymore
    I've seen security at a few supermarkets (not all, mind) but no Police presence.

This is fine, Security to make sure people behave themselves at a difficult time, but the need for actual enforcement isn't there, so too it should be with those wanting to go to their baches.
    Physics; Thou art a cruel, heartless Bitch-of-a-Mistress

Bike
    Twowheeled
    I've seen security at a few supermarkets (not all, mind) but no Police presence.

This is fine, Security to make sure people behave themselves at a difficult time, but the need for actual enforcement isn't there, so too it should be with those wanting to go to their baches.
    Because most, except a few selfish twats are playing the team game, so correct we don't need them, but would if we allowed people to go all over the show. I think we are just going to go round in circles here.

Bike
    VFR800

I've read the Government may have got it wrong with enforcement under the Public Health Act because it's not for that according to a disaster law expert. His belief was it may not stand up in a court.

It didn't help with the ambiguity over Police powers initially on the lockdown.

However the same law expert said under the state of emergency we're in, Police powers are broad.

Bike
    1993 Yamaha FJ 1200
    Blog Entries
    I've got no problem with Social Distancing, staying in your bubble etc.
    Your bubble was where you were in lockdown.

When the Police start making certain statements - for example, saying you can't drive to the nearest beach even if you are adhering to all of the conditions required, then yes, I have an issue.
    Essential driving isn't all the way across town with the entire family ... then join the groups already there ... isn't social distancing. When some on facebook pages were suggesting rules for walking on footpaths ... so when you meet others coming the other way you know what to do ... shows too many have no idea what the concept of social distancing is. The rules were a total fuck-up anyway. In lockdown you stay the fuck at home. The more you and your family go out ... the bigger the risk you either spread or get it yourself. Or a member of your "Bubble" will/might. The "It wont happen to ME" attitude ... with the "I know my rights" group ... just helps keep us ALL in lockdown longer. I'm still working on full pay so I don't give a toss about your situation. But my family and friends are in lockdown. And in their interest I have the concerns.

When the Police start improvising what is and is not allowed and have to retract it later, that's an even bigger concern. The Police do not have the privilege of interpretation of the Law, that is the domain of the Judiciary and the courts. As for Rules and powers taking precedence over certain rights and liberties, The only answer I can give is the simple one:

No, They do not.
    Police have their instruction and interpretation of what is required. If you don't like it ... argue it out in court after lockdown. The rules were not as clear as they could have been ... but the one rule that should be is (you might have missed it) STAY THE FUCK AT HOME ... !!!
    When life throws you a curve ... Lean into it ...

Bike
    1993 Yamaha FJ 1200
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Gearup View Post
    However the same law expert said under the state of emergency we're in, Police powers are broad.
    If Police are following the instructions from Government ... Police can't be be held accountable. But "State of Emergency" makes some of the laws void. As the enforcement is in the interest of public safety and health.

A state of emergency ... combined with a national Pandemic ... will bring some complications with Policing. Locking up the rule breakers just means more essential workers and needed resources diverted from where they should be.

Bike
    Honda vfr 750 fn 1992 x2 90red
    Blog Entries
    No they have private security .

Sent from my CPH1941 using Tapatalk

Bike
    1993 Yamaha FJ 1200
    Blog Entries

All Supermarkets have camera's ... all recording. Security takes the load off supermarket staff. Police will respond fast to security requests for help. Faster than 111 calls response would be.

Bike
    1993 Yamaha FJ 1200
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by eldog View Post
    At work the bank and accountant think this will all pass and things will slowly get back to the way they where. Sure some people will make changes like more remote work at home or whatever. Maybe less requirements to be in a big city.
    Many management staff do this already. I know of one GM running his Auckland business from his vineyard near Wanaka. Direct flights from Queenstown means a quicker commute to the office than he had from his home he had in Auckland.

Bike
    Twowheeled
    Quote Originally Posted by actungbaby View Post
    No they have private security .

Sent from my CPH1941 using Tapatalk
    That's good as the police don't have the resources to guard the supermarket. Is it groundhog day?

Thread Information