Page 5 of 16 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast

Thread: Post Pandemic Lockdown Scenarios

Bike
    Not a Hayabusa anymore
    Quote Originally Posted by MaxPenguin View Post
    Because most, except a few selfish twats are playing the team game, so correct we don't need them
    Indeed.

Just like people going to Baches
    Physics; Thou art a cruel, heartless Bitch-of-a-Mistress

Bike
    Quiet plodder
    Quote Originally Posted by FJRider View Post
    Many management staff do this already. I know of one GM running his Auckland business from his vineyard near Wanaka. Direct flights from Queenstown means a quicker commute to the office than he had from his home he had in Auckland.
    Very wise person.
    Probably has video feed from business as well.
    and why not, he probably has a very good manager in place.
    I know it isnt possible in my line of work unless there is a very good manager
    to put up with a lot of shit.

Having the lock down has been quite good.
    The people who always have days off during the week because the kid is sick, whatever, can become their problem.

READ AND UDESTAND

Bike
    Not a Hayabusa anymore
    Your bubble was where you were in lockdown.

Essential driving isn't all the way across town with the entire family ... then join the groups already there ... isn't social distancing. When some on facebook pages were suggesting rules for walking on footpaths ... so when you meet others coming the other way you know what to do ... shows too many have no idea what the concept of social distancing is. The rules were a total fuck-up anyway. In lockdown you stay the fuck at home. The more you and your family go out ... the bigger the risk you either spread or get it yourself. Or a member of your "Bubble" will/might. The "It wont happen to ME" attitude ... with the "I know my rights" group ... just helps keep us ALL in lockdown longer. I'm still working on full pay so I don't give a toss about your situation. But my family and friends are in lockdown. And in their interest I have the concerns.

Police have their instruction and interpretation of what is required. If you don't like it ... argue it out in court fter lockdown. The rules were not as clear as they could have been ... but the one rule that should be is (you might have missed it) STAY THE FUCK AT HOME ... !!!
    Yeah.... No.

You've missed the point spectacularly.

People have to get out of the house - Could be for shopping, could be for exercise, could be purely for Mental health to take an hour away from young children who are crawling up the walls bored out of their minds and aren't able to comprehend why they can't do any of their usual activities. Furthermore, the Police did affirm afterwards that going outside was okay, so long as you maintain your distance.

It's entirely possible to go to your own bach, and fully maintain social distancing, following all the requirements laid out by the Police and there isn't an argument you've managed to present that rebuts this point.

Now, as for the Police and their instructions, given the mixed messages (that you yourself acknowledge) - It's not exactly a wild leap of the imagination to suggest that some of that 'instruction' is at best misinterpreted and at worst, straight up Bullshit.

I don't disagree that in an emergency new Police powers may be needed, but it is part of our duty as citizens to keep a close eye on what is being asked for, in order to be the balance that the system needs in order for it to work effectively.

Bike
    1993 Yamaha FJ 1200
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by TheDemonLord View Post
    ... People have to get out of the house - Could be for shopping, could be for exercise, could be purely for Mental health to take an hour away from young
    The mental health thing is overrated. Police got that response often and sent them home.

Your mental health (which is suspect at the best of times) in relation to risking your family's life (which one do you wand dead) is a no brainer ... stay the fuck at home.
    When life throws you a curve ... Lean into it ...

Bike
    1993 Yamaha FJ 1200
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by eldog View Post
    Having the lock down has been quite good.
    The people who always have days off during the week because the kid is sick, whatever, can become their problem.
    Many parents are getting paranoid about their kids health. One cough and a parent rushes to them ... some kids are playing on it.

The little pricks learn fast ...
    When life throws you a curve ... Lean into it ...

Bike
    Yo momma
    Quote Originally Posted by TheDemonLord View Post
    it is part of our duty as citizens to keep a close eye on what is being asked for, in order to be the balance that the system needs in order for it to work effectively.
    Doesn't matter what the public thinks. The government is making new rules without consultation, getting the police to enforce them and there is fuck all you can do about it.
    Lets go Brandon

Bike
    Not a Hayabusa anymore
    The mental health thing is overrated.
    Ah yes, because we are world leaders (in the west) in having really low rates of Suicide, DV and Child Abuse...

Bike
    BSA A10
    Quote Originally Posted by sidecar bob View Post
    That's because people have been over purchasing.
    Once this shit is over & people stop hoarding, I imagine theres households that won't need to go to the supermarket for three months.
    https://www.mix1023.com.au/local/dra...-toilet-paper/

Why didn't they refuse to sell it to him in the first place ? Although I guess he may have purchased over multiple trips
    "If you can make black marks on a straight from the time you turn out of a corner until the braking point of the next turn, then you have enough power."

Quote Originally Posted by scracha View Post
    Even BP would shy away from cleaning up a sidecar oil spill.
    Quote Originally Posted by Warren Zevon
    Send Lawyers, guns and money, the shit has hit the fan

Bike
    motocompo
    Quote Originally Posted by Kickaha View Post
    https://www.mix1023.com.au/local/dra...-toilet-paper/

Why didn't they refuse to sell it to him in the first place ? Although I guess he may have purchased over multiple trips
    He's eventually going to get through the toilet paper, but 150 litres of hand sanitizer?
    These people are thinking with the reptile part of their brains.

Bike
    VFR800
    Quote Originally Posted by jasonu View Post
    Doesn't matter what the public thinks. The government is making new rules without consultation, getting the police to enforce them and there is fuck all you can do about it.

How are the Government making new rules without consultation?

Bike
    GSXR1000
    The mental health thing is overrated. Police got that response often and sent them home.

Your mental health (which is suspect at the best of times) in relation to risking your family's life (which one do you wand dead) is a no brainer ... stay the fuck at home.
    So you're saying we shouldn't go out for walks?

Bike
    Twowheeled
    Quote Originally Posted by Gearup View Post
    How are the Government making new rules without consultation?
    Was wondering that. Very transparent so far.

Bike
    As many as I can get away with
    Quote Originally Posted by sidecar bob View Post
    He's eventually going to get through the toilet paper, but 150 litres of hand sanitizer?
    These people are thinking with the reptile part of their brains.
    4,800 rolls That's gunna take more than his lifetime. What a

Bike
    motocompo
    Quote Originally Posted by swarfie View Post
    4,800 rolls That's gunna take more than his lifetime. What a
    And I doubt I've used 150 litres of hand cleaner in a lifetime of being a mechanic.
    Maybe he was hoping it would go up in value, like the Shaun Harris Milo incident.
    https://www.stuff.co.nz/life-style/f...ade-me-auction

Bike
    RZ496/Street 765RS/GasGas/ etc etc
    Blog Entries
    I was concerned about Marmigedeon 2 when they didn't have any at the super last week but it appeared to be that shop. Personally I hate the shit but, happy wife, and all that.
    Don't you look at my accountant.
    He's the only one I've got.

Thread Information