Page 12 of 16 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 ... LastLast

Thread: Post Pandemic Lockdown Scenarios

Bike
    VFR800
    Quote Originally Posted by pritch View Post
    Various items arrive on saucers to accompany coffee, possibly emulating the biscotti idea. Biscotti, unlike the little chocolate fish and other msc chocolate items, doesn't melt. Neither does the chocolate in a Jaffa, well not that we can see.

Yeah understood. I think my attempt at humour was a fail there pritch.

Bike
    1993 Yamaha FJ 1200
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Katman View Post
    Makes a change from it being motorcyclists.
    We're still entitled ... try to keep up ...
    When life throws you a curve ... Lean into it ...

Bike
    1993 Yamaha FJ 1200
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by sidecar bob View Post
    Imagine if an Aucklander got on the news all angry like & said, "it's those niggas coming down from northland causing all the problems"
    At least at the moment ... they're not moaning about the traffic chaos and congestion ...

Can we have a lockdown for just Auckland after Covid 19 is done and dealt with ... ??? No more traffic issues.

Ok it might piss a few jaffa's off ... but in the interest of National amusement ... do we really care .. ??

Bike
    1993 Yamaha FJ 1200
    Blog Entries
    It's also a derogatory term, like nigga.
    No ... it's a large oval orange thick-skinned sweet (previously made in Dunedin) ... "Rangitoto Yank" was derogatory ...

Bike
    1993 Yamaha FJ 1200
    Blog Entries
    Some of those described as Jaffas are a tad over sensitive. A couple from north of the Bombays were passing through Taranaki and stopped at Stratford for a flat white. When the coffee was served there was a jaffa on each saucer. They reportedly took this as a personal insult. It wasn't, it was just how that shop served coffee.
    Similar in context to "Queen street farmers" ...

Bike
    Triumph Speed Triple
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Gearup View Post
    Yeah understood. I think my attempt at humour was a fail there pritch.
    Nah. It was OK, but I also remembered the minor mess a melted chocolate fish made.
    There is a grey blur, and a green blur. I try to stay on the grey one. - Joey Dunlop

Bike
    1993 Yamaha FJ 1200
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by MaxPenguin View Post
    Fair call....
    Calling somebody an idiot is ok ... calling them a Jaffa is not .. ??

Racist comments are based on race creed or colour. I class the term Jaffa in the same class of "affection" as Dork ...

Bike
    motocompo
    Quote Originally Posted by FJRider View Post
    Calling somebody an idiot is ok ... calling them a Jaffa is not .. ??

Racist comments are based on race creed or colour. I class the term Jaffa in the same class of "affection" as Dork ...
    I class nigga is a term of endearment a bit like chum, like "wassup mah nigga"
    I must start using it more based on your views. It's ok and long as I mean it affectionately.

Bike
    Triumph Speed Triple
    Blog Entries
    Similar in context to "Queen street farmers"
    Then there's the 'Queen Street hunters' who terrify vast tracts of the central North Island about this time every year.

Or Queen Street drivers who are in deep shit if the seal stops. They then seemingly make a beeline for the nearest ditch.

Funny thing though, last time I was in Queen Street my brother asked what country we were in? Looking at the people in the street would have only given misleading clues.
    There is a grey blur, and a green blur. I try to stay on the grey one. - Joey Dunlop

Bike
    VFR800
    I must start using it more based on your views. It's ok and long as I mean it affectionately.

You'll be fine...

Bike
    1993 Yamaha FJ 1200
    Blog Entries
    I've been called worse ...

But between you and your mates (I assume you still have some ) ... whatever term of "endearment" you choose to use is your business. And it's only between you and them.

However some PC hanger's on, associates or acquaintances ... might see it differently. I personally don't in that context. As I gather you don't.

Such as it should be in my opinion.

Part of my working life was in the northern isle ... working with an ex resident of the big city ... and he was constantly referred to ... and known as ... Jaffa.

Bike
    1993 Yamaha FJ 1200
    Blog Entries
    Some of those described as Jaffas are a tad over sensitive. A couple from north of the Bombays were passing through Taranaki and stopped at Stratford for a flat white. When the coffee was served there was a jaffa on each saucer. They reportedly took this as a personal insult. It wasn't, it was just how that shop served coffee.
    Apparently ... "I must spread some reputation around ... "

Bike
    Quiet plodder
    At least at the moment ... they're not moaning about the traffic chaos and congestion ...

Can we have a lockdown for just Auckland after Covid 19 is done and dealt with ... ??? No more traffic issues.

Ok it might piss a few jaffa's off ... but in the interest of National amusement ... do we really care .. ??
    No ... it's a large oval orange thick-skinned sweet (previously made in Dunedin) ... "Rangitoto Yank" was derogatory ...
    I've been called worse ...

But between you and your mates (I assume you still have some ) ... whatever term of "endearment" you choose to use is your business. And it's only between you and them.

However some PC hanger's on, associates or acquaintances ... might see it differently. I personally don't in that context. As I gather you don't.

Such as it should be in my opinion.

Part of my working life was in the northern isle ... working with an ex resident of the big city ... and he was constantly referred to ... and known as ... Jaffa.
    although the motorway is running as it should-I experienced not problems
    tge traffic has moved to the supermarkets, mostly packed car parks and long queues, so far I have only had to wait for 2 seconds to get in......

please send as many those chocolate Jaffas as you can spare, want to roll them down the cinema a less.

SB - a lot of people using that word up here in Akl, talking to people who they either think are beneath them or one of there minions. Quite popular ‘gangsta’ culture. Sometimes it’s used as a term for relatives, mainly younger 30s age group. Not used in original context.
    if you think that’s bad, you should listen to some of the music they listen too.

just a fabulous fantastic aucklander -what’s wrong with that?

taking insult from a sweet on a coffee cup saucer, can’t be a south aucklander. We would ask why there was only 1 and if 2 marshmallows were forthcoming, do we get a free cup with every 5 cups can you stamp my loyalty card please.
    Last edited by eldog; 18th April 2020 at 20:10. Reason: SB - all good in da hood

READ AND UDESTAND

Bike
    husaberg
    Then there's the 'Queen Street hunters' who terrify vast tracts of the central North Island about this time every year.

Or Queen Street drivers who are in deep shit if the seal stops. They then seemingly make a beeline for the nearest ditch.

Funny thing though, last time I was in Queen Street my brother asked what country we were in? Looking at the people in the street would have only given misleading clues.
    I could be wrong but prior to this movie i never herd the term Jaffa being used i believe this is where te term first came from its just a simple recoining of this phrase.
    Quote Originally Posted by Katman View Post
    I reminder distinctly .

Kinky is using a feather. Perverted is using the whole chicken

Bike
    1993 Yamaha FJ 1200
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by eldog View Post
    taking insult from a sweet on a coffee cup saucer, can’t be a south aucklander. We would ask why there was only 1 and if 2 marshmallows were forthcoming, do we get a free cup with every 5 cups can you stamp my loyalty card please.
    By way of comparison ... it is a long held belief by many outside the Auckland boundaries ... that the building of the Sky tower was built for one reason only.

Ana that it was to prove ... to ALL in the city ... that civilization DID exist on the other side of the Bombay hills ....

Thread Information