Page 14 of 16 FirstFirst ... 41213141516 LastLast

Thread: Post Pandemic Lockdown Scenarios

Bike
    F800GS
    Quote Originally Posted by TheDemonLord View Post

You got a Sauce for that? It seems odd on the face of it (not saying it's wrong) that they are predicting life-long effects for a disease that is only 5 months old......
    Not one that would stand up to any scrutiny. It was just part of a quote on another m/bike forum buy some random. I didn't ask to see the posters credentials, so yes it was presumptuous. I'm sure you could google up arguments, both for and against long term health problems.

Bike
    1993 Yamaha FJ 1200
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by JATZ View Post
    Not one that would stand up to any scrutiny. It was just part of a quote on another m/bike forum buy some random. I didn't ask to see the posters credentials, so yes it was presumptuous. I'm sure you could google up arguments, both for and against long term health problems.
    Here is a link to one site. Quickly reading it suggests the patients needing ventilators would probably have later issues with their lungs ... as if surviving it wasn't enough.

https://abcnews.go.com/Health/corona...ry?id=69811566

Being a relatively new virus ... not that much is known about it. Which is why it would be best not to get it ... or pass it on to one of your loved ones ...

That's my plan anyway ...
    When life throws you a curve ... Lean into it ...

Bike
    ZX14R, E=mc2
    Quote Originally Posted by FJRider View Post
    Here is a link to one site. Quickly reading it suggests the patients needing ventilators would probably have later issues with their lungs ... as if surviving it wasn't enough.

https://abcnews.go.com/Health/corona...ry?id=69811566

Being a relatively new virus ... not that much is known about it. Which is why it would be best not to get it ... or pass it on to one of your loved ones ...

That's my plan anyway ...
    Tough times ahead it sounds like, not for the short term either.

Wondering how many visiting this site are being hit hard.

Bike
    1993 Yamaha FJ 1200
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Stylo View Post
    Tough times ahead it sounds like, not for the short term either.

Wondering how many visiting this site are being hit hard.
    The thing is ... a lot of things like residual infection by those that were infected. A few said they got it ... were cleared then were tested positive again.

Is it the testing process or the virus that's causing this problem ... ??

Bike
    Quiet plodder
    The thing is ... a lot of things like residual infection by those that were infected. A few said they got it ... were cleared then were tested positive again.

Have I missed something, is the virus still present after people have recovered from having it?
    Or are people safe once they have had it? Apart from whatever on going health issues they may suffer.

i don’t know anyone who has had it, so far.

only had limited effect, being quite good as I managed to wind down from work after several weeks. Got to wind back up.
    definitely some people abusing essential work, I know this myself from other companies.
    will be looking at what I am doing so I can retire earlier and have a better lifestyle away from idiots

READ AND UDESTAND

Bike
    A

Got a mate who lectures at Akld Uni Med School, listening to him talk about this creeps me out. Says there's at least 8 known strains of this virus, with only 2 so far seen in NZ. So you can get #1 and become immune, then when you're exposed to #2 the shit starts all over again. The fun part is the virus is mutating as well, quite slowly fortunately. Now I'm new to all this stuff, same as most of us, I kinda get why the caution as it sure ain't like the flu

The rest is what you hear in the media.

Bike
    VFR800
    Quote Originally Posted by caspernz View Post
    Got a mate who lectures at Akld Uni Med School, listening to him talk about this creeps me out. Says there's at least 8 known strains of this virus, with only 2 so far seen in NZ. So you can get #1 and become immune, then when you're exposed to #2 the shit starts all over again. The fun part is the virus is mutating as well, quite slowly fortunately. Now I'm new to all this stuff, same as most of us, I kinda get why the caution as it sure ain't like the flu

The rest is what you hear in the media.

Was just talking to my sisiter who's a Nurse at the District Health Board. She said they're still only at level 2 (Level 1 being normal) thankfully.

Interestingly, she said getting the right amount of sleep really impacted on the bodies immunity level. Optimum is 7-9 hours but with only 4-5 hours for example, immune cell impairment is 70%.

Bike
    1993 Yamaha FJ 1200
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by caspernz View Post
    ... The rest is what you hear in the media.
    In these times ... look at whom is being quoted ... or whom is making the statements.

If a Dr of medicine is NOT the one named ... keep scrolling ...

Bike
    1993 Yamaha FJ 1200
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by eldog View Post
    Have I missed something ...
    I've just seen the news reports with some stating that.

True or false ... better to avoid getting the virus. Stay safe ...

Bike
    She resents being called a bike
    Blog Entries
    Well, it looks like as back to normal as we can get over the next 3 weeks, oh and have a cash bonus to spend spend spend like we know you want to. Oh won't election year be good. Will the blues bribe the public with a bigger "stimulus" payment, or will the reds. Oh so exciting to see how much more I can borrow from myself for myself to spend with someone else.
    I didn't think!!! I experimented!!!

Bike
    Triumph Speed Triple
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by JATZ View Post
    I'm sure you could google up arguments, both for and against long term health problems.
    I'm sure he could too. The problem is scarring in the lungs which prevents the proper function of the alveoli. It's the inflammation of the alveoli that leads to the interstitial pneumonia. And no I haven't got a reference, I read that a week or three ago. Posted a link about the disease on KB though.
    There is a grey blur, and a green blur. I try to stay on the grey one. - Joey Dunlop

Bike
    Triumph Speed Triple
    Blog Entries
    In these times ... look at whom is being quoted ... or whom is making the statements.

If a Dr of medicine is NOT the one named ... keep scrolling ...
    Exactly. Trump today was completely off his rocker, recommending bathing in ultra violet light, disinfectant injections, disinfectant in the lungs, drinking bleach. He should have been carted off in a straight jacket.

Apparently it's a while since he, or his catamounts at Fox, have made mention of Chloroquine. Funny that.

In case you doubt my comments, the official gives his spiel, Trump having heard what the official said (sort of) gives his take on it. Amazing!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QtgVxGkrX1Y
    There is a grey blur, and a green blur. I try to stay on the grey one. - Joey Dunlop

Bike
    RZ496/Street 765RS/GasGas/ etc etc
    Blog Entries
    Jesus fuking Krist. The guy is a complete moron.

I was going to make a joke about how he has 42% approval rating now and like 25% of mericans trust him for medical advice.

They say you get the politicians you deserve but fuk me. Actually I've become friends with a bunch over the internet and mostly are a great bunch at least in my motorcycling bubble. I wouldn't wish this shot on any of them.
    Don't you look at my accountant.
    He's the only one I've got.

Bike
    None
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by pritch View Post
    I'm sure he could too. The problem is scarring in the lungs which prevents the proper function of the alveoli. It's the inflammation of the alveoli that leads to the interstitial pneumonia. And no I haven't got a reference, I read that a week or three ago. Posted a link about the disease on KB though.
    That's what the nurse has been saying from her reading too. We have one son with a history of severe respiratory illness and because of that he has a predilection to developing Bronchiectasis. COVID-19 will almost certainly hasten the process, if he were to catch it, if not outright kill him.
    If a man is alone in the woods and there isn't a woke Hollywood around to call him racist, is he still white?

Bike
    Yo momma
    Quote Originally Posted by F5 Dave View Post
    Jesus fuking Krist. The guy is a complete moron.

I was going to make a joke about how he has 42% approval rating now and like 25% of mericans trust him for medical advice.

They say you get the politicians you deserve but fuk me. Actually I've become friends with a bunch over the internet and mostly are a great bunch at least in my motorcycling bubble. I wouldn't wish this shot on any of them.
    Come on Dave don't listen to that stupid old cunt.
    Lets go Brandon

Thread Information