Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Return to work plans

Bike
    1993 Yamaha FJ 1200
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Berries View Post
    I don't understand. If there are no new cases then the virus is gone and we can go straight to Level 1 and dry hump each other in celebration for as long as the border stays shut?
    They are admitting there is too much they don't know about the virus. Some can transport the virus ... on their hands through coming into contact with the same item. Those infected may not actually be affected by it ... but pass it on. Now they saying you can be infected in supermarkets ... from someone that WAS in the next aisle to you.

The new case count is down ... but they're still counting.

If the border is shut ... why are so many people STILL coming into the country .. ???
    When life throws you a curve ... Lean into it ...

Bike
    It was on the good
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeeper View Post
    You have to remember how the clusters formed from one infectious person each. One person in Southland turned into 87 people infected. Open up too soon, and it spreads again and we are back to square one of Level 4.
    Yeah, I get that it spreads. Like a virus in fact.

Bike
    motocompo
    Anyone else notice that Worksafe have been spectacularly quiet on this one?

Bike
    2000 kawasaki zzr1100, 88 1500 goldwing
    Quote Originally Posted by sidecar bob View Post
    yup, went there looking for some advice but found only that it is up to businesses to find that advice, so where better to get solid advice than KB.

Bike
    motocompo
    Quote Originally Posted by russd7 View Post
    yup, went there looking for some advice but found only that it is up to businesses to find that advice, so where better to get solid advice than KB.
    My son is an essential worker, he said they have had nothing from them.

Bike
    VFR800
    Quote Originally Posted by russd7 View Post

Mate of mine's in the building industry, just mention Worksafe and he'll get pissed off.

Bike
    motocompo
    Quote Originally Posted by Gearup View Post
    Mate of mine's in the building industry, just mention Worksafe and he'll get pissed off.
    They were one of half a dozen very good reasons I sold the garage.

Bike
    VFR800
    They were one of half a dozen very good reasons I sold the garage.

I've heard similar from other people who've had businesses too.

Bike
    2000 Ducati ST2
    I've managed to avoid Worksafe in my trade, instead we have in-house HSE. I've seen colleagues with decades of experience literally reduced to tears by the fuckers, I've been there myself too. I'm not totally against it despite that. There is a fraction of genuine keeping frontline workers from getting maimed / poisoned / blinded / etc but said workers having to appease bureaucrats so that they're allowed to keep doing the job is by far the bulk of what goes on.

The main issue that I have with it is that they don't examine evidence and make decisions based on that, instead it's slavish obedience to rules and forms.

Bike
    CT110 Super Cub - postie bike
    That's because the Health Department is the lead agency on this one. (That's why most of the support has been targetted at people, not actual business entities.)

Worksafe aren't pushing info agressively but it is there on their website https://worksafe.govt.nz/managing-he...afes-approach/
    Grow older but never grow up

Bike
    '21 Ducati Multistrada 950S
    Yeah, I get that it spreads. Like a virus in fact.
    But not all virus spread at the same rate, that's the key difference with this one.

Bike
    It was on the good
    I thought I was pretty clear. When the virus is gone from New Zealand, like gone gone, I don't see why we can't go back to Level Zero as long as nobody is allowed to enter the country who may bring the virus back in. Why go back to Level 2 or 3 if the virus has been extinguished through our lockdown process?

Bike
    2000 Ducati ST2
    I thought I was pretty clear. When the virus is gone from New Zealand, like gone gone, I don't see why we can't go back to Level Zero as long as nobody is allowed to enter the country who may bring the virus back in. Why go back to Level 2 or 3 if the virus has been extinguished through our lockdown process?
    Possibly we will. Plans are getting constantly revised at the moment; there's a learning curve with all of this and coming out of lockdown again is still something new. I think that Level Zero would want something like 6 to 8 weeks of confirmed no Coronavirus first though.

Cross border movement is going to be an ongoing problem. There are still technical problems which need trained personnel from overseas and it's possible that temporary, small lockdown zones would have to be established in areas that they have to access.

Bike
    1998 Yamaha R1
    It could be months before it is gone at this rate, if ever. There are still new cases from the existing clusters, medical staff are catching it from patients because they don't have proper PPE and training, then there's Air NZ flight crew who are exempt from the quarantine requirements, although I expect they are much more careful now.

We were probably at least a week too late going to Level 4 for elimination to succeed.

Bike
    Quiet plodder
    Quote Originally Posted by OddDuck View Post
    I've managed to avoid Worksafe in my trade, instead we have in-house HSE. I've seen colleagues with decades of experience literally reduced to tears by the fuckers, I've been there myself too. I'm not totally against it despite that. There is a fraction of genuine keeping frontline workers from getting maimed / poisoned / blinded / etc but said workers having to appease bureaucrats so that they're allowed to keep doing the job is by far the bulk of what goes on.

The main issue that I have with it is that they don't examine evidence and make decisions based on that, instead it's slavish obedience to rules and forms.
    Factual documented evidence

So they can blame someone.

Adds a whole new level of costs. Documenting.

Doesn't matter that most people refuse to document what they do, or sign responsibility.

And even when activities are discussed or been done the same way for ages. Still people do dumb stuff. They go off and do it their way. They still think is OK to stuff something worth $$$ and still have no responsibility.

Look at YouTube videos so much dumb stuff its funny.

READ AND UDESTAND

Thread Information