Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Return to work plans

Bike
    Triumph Speed Triple
    Blog Entries
    These dudes apparently want to go back to work. Swastikas and confederate flags were a theme at the demonstrations and somewhat bizarrely FOX have defended their use of the swastikas. Strange times.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	EVwi2atXsAMkrTQ.jpg 
Views:	75 
Size:	60.4 KB 
ID:	345577  
    There is a grey blur, and a green blur. I try to stay on the grey one. - Joey Dunlop

Bike
    R1200GSA
    Quote Originally Posted by Berries View Post
    I thought I was pretty clear. When the virus is gone from New Zealand, like gone gone, I don't see why we can't go back to Level Zero as long as nobody is allowed to enter the country who may bring the virus back in. Why go back to Level 2 or 3 if the virus has been extinguished through our lockdown process?
    pretty much because life does not have that degree of certainty. There may well be people who are infected but asymptomatic who can pass the virus on, which is fine if they pass it to someone who also remains symptomatic but that isn't likely is it?
    We just do not know. Pay attention to the language used by the public health people at press conferences. They talk about confidence in their data. That is deliberate, not to hide anything, in fact it shows transparency.
    The only people who want to deal to science in absolute terms are those who do not appreciate science is not always about absolutes.

you are correct in saying when the virus is gone from NZ and we maintain border controls then there is no need for internal restrictions. We are a long long way from being able to say with even a modicum of certainty the disease is gone yet.
    Life is not measured by how many breaths you take, but how many times you have your breath taken away

Bike
    It was on the good
    Quote Originally Posted by Ulsterkiwi View Post
    Pay attention to the language used by the public health people at press conferences.
    I haven't watched a single one. I leave that to my OCD wife who seems to require an update every 30 minutes and has now had a complete political reversal and thinks Jacinda is an angel sent from heaven.

I'm still working. I am sure someone will send me an email telling me to get my arse back in the office one day. Until then I will keep trying to perfect my roti canai.

Bike
    RZ496/Street 765RS/GasGas/ etc etc
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by pritch View Post
    These dudes apparently want to go back to work. Swastikas and confederate flags were a theme at the demonstrations and somewhat bizarrely FOX have defended their use of the swastikas. Strange times.
    Maybe they are just really into Jainism
    Don't you look at my accountant.
    He's the only one I've got.

Bike
    R1200GSA
    Quote Originally Posted by Berries View Post
    I haven't watched a single one. I leave that to my OCD wife who seems to require an update every 30 minutes and has now had a complete political reversal and thinks Jacinda is an angel sent from heaven.

I'm still working. I am sure someone will send me an email telling me to get my arse back in the office one day. Until then I will keep trying to perfect my roti canai.
    Political preferences aside and without intending to judge your viewing habits, maybe not understanding the decision process is because you have not watched any of the updates?
    You are right, getting too many can be counter productive, especially if you have little power to change anything. The model used for news delivery these days is good at building paranoia.
    Given the generally useless "look at me and how clever I am at attacking people or stating the bleeding obvious" line of questioning from NZ journalists, if you want a sense of what is happening then watching the live briefings is a good way to be informed.
    Those speaking tend to be measured, even if the subsequent news bulletins are not.
    Life is not measured by how many breaths you take, but how many times you have your breath taken away

Bike
    I Ride No More

Thread Information