Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Return to work plans

Bike
    2000 kawasaki zzr1100, 88 1500 goldwing

Return to work plans

Who on here are currently developing return to work plans for once we get the go ahead,
    H&S plans etc,
    not a lot of info out there yet but being prepared is going to be the key,
    ideas and suggestions would be much appreciated, links to resources would also be useful, there is some info on the MOH website and minimal info on worksafe website.

Bike
    16' xtz125e super-adventure, Ninja 650
    Blog Entries
    BAU surely? get back out there paying some tax, hopefully most businesses have learned a lot more of their workforce could be working from home too- and a lot of you are not essential to this country operating and are just a drain on resources

Bike
    1993 Yamaha FJ 1200
    Blog Entries
    I'm still working. H & S rules may get altered on a daily/regular basis. Work location and workforce pretty much a closed area and group. And we still get on well.
    When life throws you a curve ... Lean into it ...

Bike
    2000 kawasaki zzr1100, 88 1500 goldwing
    Quote Originally Posted by Scubbo View Post
    BAU surely? get back out there paying some tax, hopefully most businesses have learned a lot more of their workforce could be working from home too- and a lot of you are not essential to this country operating and are just a drain on resources
    I'm thinking probably not quite BAU in the short term and i think workplaces are going to have to have a return to work plan, i.e things in place to restrict contact, social distancing, extra cleaning etc, then there is how to deal with staff who haven't researched properly and believe they can demand all sorts of BS,
    so from my point of view, i need all the info i can get to put together a plan that works for the staff and the owner of the company, we all need to get back to work to get the economy running again but it needs to be sensible and practical

Bike
    mutton dressed up as lamb and a 73 XL250
    Still working here,most noticeable thing is upon getting to work all the previous in/out gates from car-park are exit only except one which you go through upon arrival then before anything else front up for a temp check done with i would imagine a not expensive little reader pointed at ya forehead,theres a list of the obvious next to the bloke on a sign ie UNWELL/COUGH blah which your made to go through anyway,hand sanitizer everywhere,for awhile people were wearing face masks the company then went and bought a few hundred plastic face screens which are mandatory when within 2m of anyone,if caught on camera not doing so your outta there,smokos have been changed in order to have in each room the 2m gap between those in there,excess chairs have been removed,very regular cleaning of doors in main thoroughfares etc etc,lots of forklifts in use,controls blah blah wiped down at start and finish of every shift and whatever forklift the driver starts on each day its his for the day,no using others.Big dairy plant with around 350 employees and so far so good,will add that those that can are working from home wherever possible.Cant imagine theres a perfect solution to this but there doing all they can so good on em.
    Be the person your dog thinks you are...

Bike
    suzuki
    Quote Originally Posted by 98tls View Post
    Still working here,most noticeable thing is upon getting to work all the previous in/out gates from car-park are exit only except one which you go through upon arrival then before anything else front up for a temp check done with i would imagine a not expensive little reader pointed at ya forehead,theres a list of the obvious next to the bloke on a sign ie UNWELL/COUGH blah which your made to go through anyway,hand sanitizer everywhere,for awhile people were wearing face masks the company then went and bought a few hundred plastic face screens which are mandatory when within 2m of anyone,if caught on camera not doing so your outta there,smokos have been changed in order to have in each room the 2m gap between those in there,excess chairs have been removed,very regular cleaning of doors in main thoroughfares etc etc,lots of forklifts in use,controls blah blah wiped down at start and finish of every shift and whatever forklift the driver starts on each day its his for the day,no using others.Big dairy plant with around 350 employees and so far so good,will add that those that can are working from home wherever possible.Cant imagine theres a perfect solution to this but there doing all they can so good on em.
    maybe not go to the depot, try and work in groups if out and about, that way if you get poisoned then you team the whole company doesn't go down.

Bike
    2000 Ducati ST2
    Yep return to work plans well underway for my place. Most of it is separation vs. not being left alone in case something happens.

There's also a pretty large emphasis on changing work methods. A lot of my colleagues are in the at-risk group: getting a few birthdays racked up and possibly some secondary health risks, like compromised immune systems and lungs etc. We're getting better at working from home, in a hurry.

As an earlier poster mentioned, bullshit jobs are becoming obvious... a few people around my outfit who deal in nothing but words and pretty flowcharts are looking quite nervous...

Bike
    Quiet plodder
    Quote Originally Posted by OddDuck View Post
    Yep return to work plans well underway for my place. Most of it is separation vs. not being left alone in case something happens.

There's also a pretty large emphasis on changing work methods. A lot of my colleagues are in the at-risk group: getting a few birthdays racked up and possibly some secondary health risks, like compromised immune systems and lungs etc. We're getting better at working from home, in a hurry.

As an earlier poster mentioned, bullshit jobs are becoming obvious... a few people around my outfit who deal in nothing but words and pretty flowcharts are looking quite nervous...
    similar at my place of work
    a few people may leave - age, length of service, health - almost all of these have been heavy smokers in the past
    getting harder to replace skilled staff - almost all of them hands on type work-cant work from home.
    more people working singularly or pairs rather than as a group.
    Maybe staggered smokos or separate areas something to be worked out
    lots of changes in the future....

One of my customers has a large base of people, but because they aren't really all that busy, do not need all the staff
    - more than a few nervous people - back stabbing, unable to work together etc

They have about 15 could reduce it by half and still get the same work done.

READ AND UDESTAND

Bike
    Not a Hayabusa anymore
    I'm just looking forward to being back in the office tbh.
    Physics; Thou art a cruel, heartless Bitch-of-a-Mistress

Bike
    '21 Ducati Multistrada 950S
    Been working from home all the time, when things go back to semi open I might spend a day or two a week in office. Otherwise work goes on as long as I can access internet.

Bike
    CT110 Super Cub - postie bike
    Return to work? I never left!

I'm sure there will be changes though when we exit the lockdown. From small stuff like continuing with hand sanitizer for quite a while through to some companies abandoning bricks and mortar shops and just working on-line.
    Grow older but never grow up

Bike
    CB919, 1090R, R1200GSA
    Blog Entries
    It won't be back to normal when moving to level 3. More news will come out tomorrow, but primarily Thursday on what will be acceptable, what won't, then businesses will try and work around it, re-define themselves (as happened with level 4).

Typically, too many are looking at it from the wrong view. We're still trying to stop the spread of the virus, but with a little less restriction, and a few more businesses are able to operate, but still take precautions. Treat it as level 2 or lower, and we could easily return to level 4, and that would be what breaks some businesses.

So each person's return to work varies with their role. Some have worked all the way through (I only just started quietening off today and doing more webinars/training that I wanted to catch up on). Staff that can work from home should continue doing so under level 3 is my thought.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jane Omorogbe from UK MSN on the KTM990SM
    It's barking mad and if it doesn't turn you into a complete loon within half an hour of cocking a leg over the lofty 875mm seat height, I'll eat my Arai.

Bike
    I would be comfortable with Level 4 ending by 30th April with a move to Level 3. And that takes us to Queen's Birthday in Level 3. University and schools remain online till end June.

As for work, it has to be eased in. Physical distancing stays till Queen's Birthday minimum.

Remember we are heading into winter and our flu season as well. Physical distancing actually helps with that as well.

Bike
    It was on the good
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeeper View Post
    I would be comfortable with Level 4 ending by 30th April with a move to Level 3. And that takes us to Queen's Birthday in Level 3. University and schools remain online till end June.

As for work, it has to be eased in. Physical distancing stays till Queen's Birthday minimum.

Remember we are heading into winter and our flu season as well. Physical distancing actually helps with that as well.
    I don't understand. If there are no new cases then the virus is gone and we can go straight to Level 1 and dry hump each other in celebration for as long as the border stays shut?

We head in to winter and the flu season every year about this time. I don't think we should drive even more people to the wall just because of that.

Bike
    You have to remember how the clusters formed from one infectious person each. One person in Southland turned into 87 people infected. Open up too soon, and it spreads again and we are back to square one of Level 4.

Thread Information