Thread: New Guy , Kawasaki H1

Bike
    1976 Kawasaki Mach 111

New Guy , Kawasaki H1

Just purchasing a 1976 Kawasaki H1. Always wanted one for better or worse. Im old enough now to apply common sense that I didnt have when younger.
    I know very little about these bikes and even less about where to get spares etc. Can any fellow owners out there touch base with me so that I can get some good advice. I am on my own up here in the top of the south pretty much I think.

I know this is probably an old question and is subjective but what modern 2 stroke oil would you recommend for my Kwaka H1 that I have on the way to me as soon as the covoid virus lockdown is lifted. I am thinking that Castrol T2 Racing would be the way to go. Would appreciate any advice from those running these bikes.

Bike
    It was on the good
    Quote Originally Posted by Just Passin' View Post
    Im old enough now to apply common sense that I didnt have when younger.
    No you're not mate, you never are with a bike. And that's all part of the fun.

If you can get the search function to work I am sure you will find the answer here already.

Bike
    '69 K0, '71 Stinger, '73 Z1, '74 AC50
    Welcome to the forum. I use Castrol 2T and also Penrite Semi Synthetic. I would assume the Penrite is the better as it's semi synthetic. I've never owned an H1 but from what I have seen they can be problematic at times. If you have any issues with the bike contact Mike through this Facebook page https://www.facebook.com/Classic-Jap...tANutY2KnR1Zm9 and he'll copy your email to the group members and one or more of the H1 owners should be able to offer some advice. I hope the bike is all you want it to be and more..
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20200414_122743.jpg 
Views:	37 
Size:	643.4 KB 
ID:	345445  
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    I'm livin' the dream.

Bike
    09 GSX1400.
    People would shudder now I guess as when I started riding 65/66 on two strokes Yams and Suzuki 250's we used to throw in castrol XL lol.
    Didn't now any different and didn't suffer any blow ups etc.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Picture%20286.jpg 
Views:	36 
Size:	435.6 KB 
ID:	345468

I hear the T2 stuff is good nowdays .......

You'd never go hungry with Nigella Gaz.
    If it weren't for flashbacks...I'd have no memory at all..

Bike
    As many as I can get away with
    Quote Originally Posted by roogazza View Post
    People would shudder now I guess as when I started riding 65/66 on two strokes Yams and Suzuki 250's we used to throw in castrol XL lol.
    Didn't now any different and didn't suffer any blow ups etc.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Picture%20286.jpg 
Views:	36 
Size:	435.6 KB 
ID:	345468

I hear the T2 stuff is good nowdays .......
    I used to use recycled/re-refined oil in my 1973 Yamaha DT3 in the early 70's. Never fouled a plug and it burned quite clean. Can't remember the brand name though...alziemers setting in Now days I use Castrol Power 1 TTS. Fully synthetic and smokes very little and can run thinner mix as well.

Bike
    VFR800
    Quote Originally Posted by swarfie View Post
    I used to use recycled/re-refined oil in my 1973 Yamaha DT3 in the early 70's. Never fouled a plug and it burned quite clean. Can't remember the brand name though...alziemers setting in Now days I use Castrol Power 1 TTS. Fully synthetic and smokes very little and can run thinner mix as well.

Dominion Oil Refining springs to mind. It closed down in 2000 but iirc my Dad used to buy its re-refined products in bulk and use them for all types of machinery/vehicles.

Bike
    2005 GSXR750
    If you need any bits for it, you could try Darryl at sales@japmcdismantlers.c.nz . He's got a complete one in the shed plus other bits and pieces. I don't think he would sell the complete one though.

Bike
    BSA A10
    Quote Originally Posted by swarfie View Post
    Now days I use Castrol Power 1 TTS.
    I've used that in every two stroke I have owned (cept for my TZ250) for as long as it has been available
    "If you can make black marks on a straight from the time you turn out of a corner until the braking point of the next turn, then you have enough power."

Quote Originally Posted by scracha View Post
    Even BP would shy away from cleaning up a sidecar oil spill.
    Quote Originally Posted by Warren Zevon
    Send Lawyers, guns and money, the shit has hit the fan

Bike
    big shiney pommy thing
    A 76 H1? You realize that you have made every one here get a massive hard on don't you fucking well done you Any synthetic oil will work fine just check your oil adjustment,its real simple just Google it.These are actually reliable as, just put some nice brake pads up front and some decent rear shocks and enjoy.

Bike
    Yo momma
    I had a H2 750 for a while.
    https://www.kiwibiker.co.nz/forums/s...awasaki-Mach-V
    Lots of fun to ride but was a lot of work.

I found this website to be very useful.
    https://www.tapatalk.com/groups/kawasakitriples/
    Lets go Brandon

Bike
    Enough that the car lives outside now.
    Quote Originally Posted by Just Passin' View Post
    Just purchasing a 1976 Kawasaki H1. Always wanted one for better or worse. Im old enough now to apply common sense that I didnt have when younger.
    I know very little about these bikes and even less about where to get spares etc. Can any fellow owners out there touch base with me so that I can get some good advice. I am on my own up here in the top of the south pretty much I think.

I know this is probably an old question and is subjective but what modern 2 stroke oil would you recommend for my Kwaka H1 that I have on the way to me as soon as the covoid virus lockdown is lifted. I am thinking that Castrol T2 Racing would be the way to go. Would appreciate any advice from those running these bikes.
    You are not that alone. There's some well known post classic racers etc around the region who are very two stroke literate. Jock Woodley, Lester Ferdinand over in Picton, Jason Howcroft, Steve Brown over near Nelson, Paul Brown in Blenheim, just off the top of my head.

My usual comment around oils is ask 12 people get 15 answers....I've been Motul for 30 years and a good name brand semi-synthetic would be my pick. Motul, Penrite, Castrol etc and buy in bigger sizes as it will be cheaper. I had to use BP power stroke in my 350LC as anything else the slides you stick...

Bike
    Africa Twin DCT.
    A triple thread without a wheelie, yikes.... Not that it matters but a 1976 model is a KH500 and would be a nicer if subdued ride compared to the earlier H1's.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	H2y (Small).jpg 
Views:	38 
Size:	52.9 KB 
ID:	345901  

Bike
    '69 K0, '71 Stinger, '73 Z1, '74 AC50

Thread Information