Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Essential travel road trip

Bike
    GSX-S1000GT/DR 650
    Quote Originally Posted by rastuscat View Post
    The problem is tossers.

Some tossers ride bicycles, some ride motorbikes, some drive cars. The problem is not the bicycle, it's tossers.

Given that there are similarities in the risks of cycling and motorcycling, I don't get why we can't just let this grudge match settle.

And yes, when I'm out cycling, I'm still paying ACC levies via the vehicle licencing on my two motorcycles and car.
    Yep - Agree totally there Rastus. I've come across plenty of cyclists in recent weeks and most have been very aware and polite. There have been a few with their brains switched off but then that applies most places and with most things I find. With a few bikes in the garage (All REGOd too) I pay plenty towards ACC coverage regardless of what I'm doing I reckon.

Bike
    A
    The problem is tossers.

Some tossers ride bicycles, some ride motorbikes, some drive cars. The problem is not the bicycle, it's tossers.

Given that there are similarities in the risks of cycling and motorcycling, I don't get why we can't just let this grudge match settle.

And yes, when I'm out cycling, I'm still paying ACC levies via the vehicle licencing on my two motorcycles and car.
    Such eloquence for a resident of Porirua but then you are a recent arrival

Can only agree with you, as your logic applies for any vehicle, any time reallly. Quite easy to see how with the move to Level 3 today, there's few tossers back on the main roads again.
    Not all of them in double cab utes either

Bike
    R1200RT LC
    Quote Originally Posted by caspernz View Post
    Such eloquence for a resident of Porirua but then you are a recent arrival

Can only agree with you, as your logic applies for any vehicle, any time reallly. Quite easy to see how with the move to Level 3 today, there's few tossers back on the main roads again.
    Not all of them in double cab utes either
    You're welcome.

Bike
    It was on the good
    Quote Originally Posted by Scottbnz View Post
    what are the chances someone riding a motorcycle would get pulled over and checked?
    Did around 400km today on the bike south of Dunedin. Didn't see any Police at all on the way down. On the way back there was a roadblock in Milton with everyone being stopped in both directions so they are still out there doing it.

Bike
    R1200RT LC
    Quote Originally Posted by Berries View Post
    Did around 400km today on the bike south of Dunedin. Didn't see any Police at all on the way down. On the way back there was a roadblock in Milton with everyone being stopped in both directions so they are still out there doing it.
    The Minister has to have something to talk about in the press conferences.

Bike
    It was on the good
    The Minister has to have something to talk about in the press conferences.
    Being Milton I wasn't sure if it was virus related or standard practice for the locals.

Bike
    1998 Yamaha R1
    I flew home to Auckland from Christchurch yesterday. Total distance in the Camry was about 2500 km and I was not stopped once to check why I was traveling. Maybe because it was obviously a rental?

Very cheap fuel prices in Christchurch today - 91 less than $1.50 per litre. Is there some kind of price war going on?

Bike
    Exercycle
    Quote Originally Posted by SaferRides View Post
    I flew home to Auckland from Christchurch yesterday. Total distance in the Camry was about 2500 km and I was not stopped once to check why I was traveling. Maybe because it was obviously a rental?

Very cheap fuel prices in Christchurch today - 91 less than $1.50 per litre. Is there some kind of price war going on?
    Yes. NPD are kicking shit out of the status quo in the SI. Their manned sites are a tad dearer than the unmanned - but offer a gold card discount which is cheaper again.
    I'm loving it.

Bike
    Triumph Speed Triple
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by SaferRides View Post
    Possibly due to the international oil price having gone through the floor.

Cheapest gas in ages and we can't go anywhere. Bugger!
    There is a grey blur, and a green blur. I try to stay on the grey one. - Joey Dunlop

Bike
    1998 Yamaha R1
    Quote Originally Posted by pritch View Post
    Possibly due to the international oil price having gone through the floor.

Cheapest gas in ages and we can't go anywhere. Bugger!
    It was a very cheap trip! The Camry was $30 per day and averaged just over 5 l/100 km.

Bike
    RZ496/Street 765RS/GasGas/ etc etc
    Blog Entries
    Must start stockpiling it. Honey, don't bath the kids for a while, I'm using the bath. And certainly don't take up smoking.
    Don't you look at my accountant.
    He's the only one I've got.

Bike
    suzuki
    Quote Originally Posted by Grumph View Post
    Yes. NPD are kicking shit out of the status quo in the SI. Their manned sites are a tad dearer than the unmanned - but offer a gold card discount which is cheaper again.
    I'm loving it.
    shame that right now my vans doing seven weeks to the gallon

Thread Information