Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Touring - but with pillions

Bike
    2013 Triumph Trophy TTSE

Touring - but with pillions

Hi all,

Anyone have recommendations for an Auckland based bike club that is touring biased, gentler paced for the older set and with pillions in mind. No disrespect intended but the Ulysses culture is not for me.

Bike
    1993 Yamaha FJ 1200
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by The Red Baron View Post
    Hi all,

Anyone have recommendations for an Auckland based bike club that is touring biased, gentler paced for the older set and with pillions in mind. No disrespect intended but the Ulysses culture is not for me.
    This lot might be a start.

https://triumphriders.co.nz/home
    When life throws you a curve ... Lean into it ...

Bike
    A
    It's a bit hit and miss with groups, your take on Ulysses is similar to what I've seen and heard, yet some members are safe and sensible riders.

You can do worse than having a look at NZ Social Riders on Facebook.

If it's disciplined riding that appeals, have a look at the crew I belong to: http://iam.org.nz/
    Plenty of mature and sensible riders in this lot.

Bike
    2013 Triumph Trophy TTSE
    Thanks for your advice guys, much appreciated

Bike
    moped
    Just go and do your own thing, far more enjoyable. Stop when you want to stop, explore places you want to go, and a lot safer.

Bike
    GSX-S1000GT/DR 650
    Thanks for your advice guys, much appreciated
    Yep - I'd second what's been said above. The IAM is as good a group as you're likely to find if it's thoughtful riding you're after.

Sadly my own Ulysses experience was much the same as yours by the sounds of it. Stupid riding, people stuck in their ways and no means of looking after their own when out on a ride. A shame but there you go.

Bike
    Breaking rocks
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by rustys View Post
    Just go and do your own thing, far more enjoyable. Stop when you want to stop, explore places you want to go, and a lot safer.
    Plus one!
    unless you're into swinging!
    I have ridden with our local Ulysses extensively over the last few years. Been on a couple of away trips that were great but groups change with the wind anyhow. We have met people there we ride with regularly and others we would never ride with, outside of the club.
    We have had members from other branches move up and ride with us and say that we have totally different dynamics. For instance, apparently in the canterbury branch you cannot overtake the leader in charge and they never go over 100kmh. That does not suit everyone, if you know what I mean.
    Only a Rat can win a Rat Race!

Bike
    2013 Triumph Trophy TTSE
    sound advice rustys and at least I could keep up and not annoy the TEC

Bike
    2013 Triumph Trophy TTSE
    [QUOTE=Laava;1131160210]
    I have ridden with our local Ulysses extensively over the last few years. Been on a couple of away trips that were great but groups change with the wind anyhow.

I'm hearing you Laava

Bike
    2013 Triumph Trophy TTSE
    Quote Originally Posted by Navy Boy View Post
    Yep - I'd second what's been said above. The IAM is as good a group as you're likely to find if it's thoughtful riding you're after.

Sadly my own Ulysses experience was much the same as yours by the sounds of it. Stupid riding, people stuck in their ways and no means of looking after their own when out on a ride. A shame but there you go.
    Appreciate your honesty Navy Boy

Bike
    moped
    sound advice rustys and at least I could keep up and not annoy the TEC
    No pressure on either you or your pillion, ride at your own pace that you are comfortable with, don't be pushed, I agree with Lava, i have had 30years riding with Ulysses, in the early years good, great Club, lots of Rallies to ride to all over the country, and good times socializing, thats all changed, new ones now keep introducing rules and requirements for rides , found people became to addicted to Coffee stops unfortunatley.

Bike
    1994 Triumph Trophy 1200
    check out the fat bikers in the group section, They try and ride once a month and caseye will look after you.

Quote Jan 2020 Posted by Katman

Life would be so much easier if you addressed questions with a simple answer.

Bike
    ZX14R, E=mc2
    [QUOTE=The Red Baron;1131160224]
    Quote Originally Posted by Laava View Post
    I have ridden with our local Ulysses extensively over the last few years. Been on a couple of away trips that were great but groups change with the wind anyhow.

I'm hearing you Laava
    Remember riding with the Ulysses once on a charity ride. The cock in front told me off for overtaking him at the end of the ride.

He was riding a CX500 and I'm on a '11 Hayabusa. And, I'm only a young fella too. 58

Bike
    ZX14R, E=mc2
    No pressure on either you or your pillion, ride at your own pace that you are comfortable with, don't be pushed, I agree with Lava, i have had 30years riding with Ulysses, in the early years good, great Club, lots of Rallies to ride to all over the country, and good times socializing, thats all changed, new ones now keep introducing rules and requirements for rides , found people became to addicted to Coffee stops unfortunatley.
    Thanks for that . I'm too young at heart at this stage to join but wish you all the best. Age 58.

Steering clear .... Ulysses , best of luck .

Bike
    Breaking rocks
    Blog Entries
    [QUOTE=Stylo;1131160268]

Remember riding with the Ulysses once on a charity ride. The cock in front told me off for overtaking him at the end of the ride.

He was riding a CX500 and I'm on a '11 Hayabusa. And, I'm only a young fella too. 58
    Charity rides are the worst tho. All charity rides are organised like that and there is reasons but it is a pain in the arse and I avoid them for that reason. The Far North branch tells the riders every time at the get go, ride your own ride. And that is as it should be.
    But I don,t go 2up with others, just me and the wife. Cos we stop and do walks and things or visit mates and it gives us flexibility.
    Only a Rat can win a Rat Race!

Thread Information