Thread: New Guy , Kawasaki H1

Bike
    1976 Kawasaki Mach 111

New Guy , Kawasaki H1

a Kawasaki H1 Triple parts supplier in CHCH ( or in NZ elsewhere) I am new to this game and am aware that somebody out of CHCH sells spares but cannot locate them. Any help would be much appreciated.

Bike
    Canadian Red Back
    this would be a better place to ask that question https://www.kiwibiker.co.nz/forums/f...ic-Motorcycles

Bike
    Africa Twin DCT.
    You got my attention, what parts are you looking for ?

I can't see why some parts are not still available from Kawasaki not that I have asked lately but do know where lots of H2 parts are.

Bike
    CT110 Super Cub - postie bike
    Quote Originally Posted by TLDV8 View Post
    I can't see why some parts are not still available from Kawasaki ...
    Because its a bike that was discontinued 46 years ago. (1974?)

EDIT: 45 years ago ... discontinued 1975. Three years before I got my licence.
    Grow older but never grow up

Bike
    Triumph Speed Triple
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Oakie View Post
    Because its a bike that was discontinued 46 years ago. (1974?)

EDIT: 45 years ago ... discontinued 1975. Three years before I got my licence.
    IIRC back then, of the Japanese manufacturers, Kawasaki used to maintain their spares supply for the shortest period.
    There is a grey blur, and a green blur. I try to stay on the grey one. - Joey Dunlop

Bike
    Africa Twin DCT.
    I will take that as a no, no one has actually asked at a dealership what is available X Japan or anywhere else.

I remember being at the counter picking up boxes of H2B parts and Graeme Crosby overheard as he was passing, that was an instant tour of the shop including the basement where Eric Bone ? was rebuilding bikes........ I got a NOS handlebar switch block at dealer cost as a bonus.

With old bikes you get nowhere sitting on your hands when it comes to finding parts but there are still stashes out there. (Which is why I was buying up in the 1990's including beveldrive spares and bikes along with H2's)

There are a lot of reproduction parts made these days but that would depend on what you are looking for.
    I was just curious having had triples since 1977, H2's since 1980 and never sold one to date.
    You don't hear them mentioned that much here on Kiwibiker that I have noticed, any model of them.

I was even buying up spare TL1000 gearboxes etc in the 2000's and never thought good parts would dry up that quick.

Thread Information