Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Need advice for a BT headset

Bike
    A
    Quote Originally Posted by HenryDorsetCase View Post
    Why do you need another distraction? I love being out on my bike and no distractions, no fucking phone calls. You don't need music. Enjoy the experience you're having while riding. These aren't the droids you're looking for.

A countervailing view from a grumpy cunt.
    New rider and comms set equals higher risk of incident, and yeah I'm a grumpy cunt too.

But if you gotta have a comms set to do them things you want, Cardo Packtalk, end of discussion.

Bike
    Dog Rooter, 1290 SDR
    Why do you need another distraction? I love being out on my bike and no distractions, no fucking phone calls. You don't need music. Enjoy the experience you're having while riding. These aren't the droids you're looking for.

Have used Sena 20s for years and no real problems. At times I work from the bike so being able to take calls works for me.
    Quote Originally Posted by Katman View Post
    but once again you proved me wrong.
    Quote Originally Posted by cassina View Post
    I was hit by one such driver while remaining in the view of their mirror.

Bike
    2007 Triumph Daytona 675
    Quote Originally Posted by caspernz View Post
    New rider and comms set equals higher risk of incident, and yeah I'm a grumpy cunt too.

But if you gotta have a comms set to do them things you want, Cardo Packtalk, end of discussion.
    Seconded, comes in the standard or a 'slim' version as well.
    If he had timed it right he could have got in on all the deals that lockdown set in place.

Bike
    '21 Ducati Multistrada 950S

Cardo Packtalk, good bit of kit. Battery lasts a decent amount of time.

Bike
    Quiet plodder
    Does the sales hype match the user experience?

Does the mesh tech work.

Can Cardo and Sena talk together or is there restrictions

How is the sound?

READ AND UDESTAND

Bike
    Sold
    Quote Originally Posted by eldog View Post
    Does the sales hype match the user experience?

Can Cardo and Sena talk together or is there restrictions

Cardo and Sena can talk together. Pairing a couple is easy, adding more is a bit fiddly but do-able. Funnily enough, a how to do it article has just been written by one of our central north island IAM members in the latest newsletter. If you go to the main IAM website and click on this link: http://iam.org.nz/central-north-island/ , just scroll down until you see April 2020. The article is on the last 2 pages.

I use a Sena and sound quality paired with a Cardo is fine. I agree with caspernz (Rob) that the Cardo is a superior product. I just happen to have had my Sena units for several years and they haven't died yet.

Bike
    I changed over to 45mm JBL speakers on the Packtalk when I changed my helmet, and the sound quality increased greatly. Simple plug and play speaker upgrade.

Bike
    Quiet plodder
    Quote Originally Posted by Blackbird View Post
    Cardo and Sena can talk together. Pairing a couple is easy, adding more is a bit fiddly but do-able. Funnily enough, a how to do it article has just been written by one of our central north island IAM members in the latest newsletter. If you go to the main IAM website and click on this link: http://iam.org.nz/central-north-island/ , just scroll down until you see April 2020. The article is on the last 2 pages.

I use a Sena and sound quality paired with a Cardo is fine. I agree with caspernz (Rob) that the Cardo is a superior product.
    Link, worth the read.

thanks for the feedback on sound and ability of units to perform.

READ AND UDESTAND

Bike
    R1200RT LC

Nah, each of us is different. You choose not to use one, all power to you. I use BT, for whatever the mood takes me. Music, GPS, pillion comms. Sometimes I use the bike stereo through the external speakers. Each to their own.

Totally agree on the second paragraph though.

Bike
    R1200RT LC
    Quote Originally Posted by Blackbird View Post

I use a Sena and sound quality paired with a Cardo is fine. I agree with caspernz (Rob) that the Cardo is a superior product. I just happen to have had my Sena units for several years and they haven't died yet.
    I've had SMH-10R sets for maybe 7 years. I keep getting emails from Sena about all the reasons I should upgrade.

When I do (if ever, I'm too tight to upgrade for no reason) it'll be Cardo mesh. I have mesh wifi at home, and the seamless integration has impressed.

I'll check that article. I'm a member, after all.

Bike
    Sold
    Quote Originally Posted by rastuscat View Post
    I've had SMH-10R sets for maybe 7 years. I keep getting emails from Sena about all the reasons I should upgrade.

When I do (if ever, I'm too tight to upgrade for no reason) it'll be Cardo mesh. I have mesh wifi at home, and the seamless integration has impressed.

I'll check that article. I'm a member, after all.
    Pretty much mirrors my experience Pete. In that time, I've had one unit fail and replaced the battery so no complaints. However, having tried caspernz's Cardo mesh, that's the way I'll go when the time comes. BTW, I've just retired as Central North Island chair of IAM, just doing examining now but still editing the CNI newsletter.

Bike
    It was on the good
    Nah, each of us is different. You choose not to use one, all power to you. I use BT, for whatever the mood takes me. Music, GPS, pillion comms.
    Wow. If I expected anyone to come on here and bang on about the dangers of distractions while riding it was you. I am genuinely surprised at your response.

I used to ride around with a Walkman and headphones on, I found it just made me ride more stupider when a good song came on. Not sure why I stopped doing it, I probably lost my Tenpole Tudor cassette.

Definitely support the view of each to their own but for a new rider I'd be saying keep your mind on the riding. Mincing along to your favourite tune thinking of those good old times at the back of the night club or arguing on the phone with the boss are not really things you want to be doing as you plough into a corner a bit hot in the wet or miss the roadworks sign and jump on the back brake. On a 900. With a pillion. Yeah, I would get a few miles under ze belt first Hans.

Bike
    I don't use mine for listening to music or radio. Its mainly for emergency phone call and gps directions if I'm using navigation.

Bike
    A
    Nah, each of us is different. You choose not to use one, all power to you. I use BT, for whatever the mood takes me. Music, GPS, pillion comms. Sometimes I use the bike stereo through the external speakers. Each to their own.
    For an experienced rider talking about comms sets, yep fair enough. For a newbie, having a comms set is one heck of a distraction. Almost as weird as fitting a Go-Pro to capture an accident that a bit of training can possibly alleviate altogether.

Sorry PD, in your new R4E role I'd have expected you to take a more risk averse outlook

Bike
    R1200GSA
    For an experienced rider talking about comms sets, yep fair enough. For a newbie, having a comms set is one heck of a distraction. Almost as weird as fitting a Go-Pro to capture an accident that a bit of training can possibly alleviate altogether.

Sorry PD, in your new R4E role I'd have expected you to take a more risk averse outlook
    yet instructors routinely use BT comms for training and CBTA assessments usually involve some form of comms. Cmon Rob, sound in your ears is nothing near the highest risk to be managed on the roads.
    Life is not measured by how many breaths you take, but how many times you have your breath taken away

Thread Information