Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Tourism and Freedom Camping - post Covid

Bike
    VFR800
    Quote Originally Posted by husaberg View Post
    The money that gets put into infrastructure is ratepayers, not government, so in case you missed it its not from the people that benefit from the tourists.

The Government has provided $16.5 million recently:https://www.rnz.co.nz/news/national/...reedom-campers

Bike
    husaberg
    Quote Originally Posted by Gearup View Post
    The Government has provided $16.5 million recently:https://www.rnz.co.nz/news/national/...reedom-campers
    $780,000 for some infrastructure that locals must maintain. who do you think pays to cart away the skipsand empty the toilets.
    the funding stopped April 2019
    https://www.odt.co.nz/regions/west-c...ties-uncertain
    so people can camp for free............
    https://www.stuff.co.nz/business/110...-coast-council
    Quote Originally Posted by Katman View Post
    I reminder distinctly .

Kinky is using a feather. Perverted is using the whole chicken

Bike
    VFR800
    $780,000 for some infrastructure that locals must maintain. who do you think pays to cart away the skipsand empty the toilets.
    the funding stopped April 2019
    https://www.odt.co.nz/regions/west-c...ties-uncertain
    so people can camp for free............
    https://www.stuff.co.nz/business/110...-coast-council

Well $780,000 is still something from the Government unlike your claim that they didn't pay anything.

They camp for free because they are allowed to under the 2011 Freedom Camping Act.

Maybe you could ask your local retailers etc to stop serving them if it's such a problem...

Bike
    Exercycle
    Well $780,000 is still something from the Government unlike your claim that they didn't pay anything.

They camp for free because they are allowed to under the 2011 Freedom Camping Act.

Maybe you could ask your local retailers etc to stop serving them if it's such a problem...
    It is - and some already have.
    Locally, I'm pissed that my rates - which should be going to fix a local flooding problem - are going on upgrading and maintenance of toilets at Coes Ford and Arthurs Pass for these parasites.

If they were crapping in Queen St, the problem would be fixed pronto. But an Auckland based company which sends out visitors to crap all over NZ - and gives nothing back other than taxes - just what the rest of NZ expects of Auckland.
    I can assure you that there was very little sympathy - and a lot of amusement - down here when Jucy had those vehicles stolen. Less of them on the roads.

Personally I like the old Russian system. All tourists had a guide with them and stayed in approved accomodation. That would make jobs for those who have lost theirs in that sector.
    I don't suggest we go as far as to bug the accomodation - but it's worth considering.

Bike
    VFR800
    Quote Originally Posted by Grumph View Post
    It is - and some already have.
    Locally, I'm pissed that my rates - which should be going to fix a local flooding problem - are going on upgrading and maintenance of toilets at Coes Ford and Arthurs Pass for these parasites.

If they were crapping in Queen St, the problem would be fixed pronto. But an Auckland based company which sends out visitors to crap all over NZ - and gives nothing back other than taxes - just what the rest of NZ expects of Auckland.
    I can assure you that there was very little sympathy - and a lot of amusement - down here when Jucy had those vehicles stolen. Less of them on the roads.

Personally I like the old Russian system. All tourists had a guide with them and stayed in approved accomodation. That would make jobs for those who have lost theirs in that sector.
    I don't suggest we go as far as to bug the accomodation - but it's worth considering.

There's been a fair share of drama caused by freedom campers up here too. Auckland Council is struggling a bit with the issue too from what I've read.

I'm certainly no fan of Jucy or any other camper van company and yes, less on the roads would be good.

In post #15, I supplied a link about the income generated by freedom campers, it's not unsubstantial. However, it could be spent much more effectively all over and that's not happening.

Bike
    Yo momma

Does the 2011 Freedom Camping Act say anything about not shitting in the sand dunes or was it assumed or expected the freedom campers wouldn't be so scummy?
    Lets go Brandon

Bike
    It was on the good
    Did the turd have a flag in it or something?

Bike
    husaberg

Like i said the rate payers are expected to maintain the camps empty the rubbish and the toilets although they get nothing from the freedom campers.
    WTF would we want to do this.
    780,00 is a penitence it buit about 3 camps with afew toilet blocks, heres a clue
    23,276 km is the land area. 80% of that is not rateable as its a national park for whcih the crown pays no rates
    31,575 people in 13000 house holds can not be expected to pay for the 1 million tourists we get a year, You do the Maths.
    There are plenty of camping grounds if they have no self contained camper or if they cant be bothered stuming up the pitence for aspace at a camping ground they dont get to camp
    If a few turds isnt a problem, just pm your address and i will courier you a turds from some freedom campers. you can get rid of them.
    how about you take the time to figure out why its an issue

hint freedom campers do not as a right get to camp or shit anyway but in a toilet
    The Freedom Camping Act 2011 received Royal assent on 29 August 2011, and is administered jointly by the Department of Internal Affairs and the Department of Conservation.
    This Act gives local authorities and the Department of Conservation the flexibility to decide where freedom camping is prohibited or restricted.

20Offences
    (1)
    Every person commits an offence who—
    (a)
    freedom camps in a local authority area in breach of any prohibition or restriction in a bylaw made under section 11 that applies to the area; or

deposits waste in or on the area (other than into an appropriate waste receptacle);
    In this section, waste receptacle means a receptacle or facility that is provided by a local authority or the Department for the purposes of disposing of waste (for example, a rubbish bin, public toilet, or bulk waste disposal unit).
    I reminder distinctly .

Bike
    A
    31,575 people in 13000 house holds can not be expected to pay for the 1 million tourists we get a year, You do the Maths.
    There are plenty of camping grounds if they have no self contained camper or if they cant be bothered stuming up the pitence for aspace at a camping ground they dont get to camp

The Freedom Camping Act 2011 received Royal assent on 29 August 2011, and is administered jointly by the Department of Internal Affairs and the Department of Conservation.
    This Act gives local authorities and the Department of Conservation the flexibility to decide where freedom camping is prohibited or restricted.
    In the lower population density areas it quickly becomes a numbers game, the few locals paying for the many tourists. This suggests government support via some mechanism, some valid suggestions made by previous posters.

To me it's quite simple, in my home country freedom camping is all but forbidden, so if I wanna tour the country on a budget it's done by campgrounds. Given it's not 1975 anymore, no reason NZ can't follow the western world.

Bike
    VFR800
    Like i said the rate payers are expected to maintain the camps empty the rubbish and the toilets although they get nothing from the freedom campers.
    WTF would we want to do this.
    780,00 is a penitence it buit about 3 camps with afew toilet blocks, heres a clue
    23,276 km is the land area. 80% of that is not rateable as its a national park for whcih the crown pays no rates
    If a few turds isnt a problem, just pm your address and i will courier you a turds from some freedom campers. you can get rid of them.
    how about you take the time to figure out why its an issue

hint freedom campers do not as a right get to camp or shit anyway but in a toilet

Refer to my reply to Grumph for my thoughts on it all ie: funding.

Bike
    husaberg
    Refer to my reply to Grumph for my thoughts on it all ie: funding.
    you have zero idea of how it works
    or how little revenue is returned to ratepayers from tourism.
    If tourism s so lucrative how is it it has to be funded by ratepayersrather then the industry about we fund free campgrounds and maintenance it all for the world freddom campers from Airport arrival tax.
    Most Tourists dont come to NZ to see Auckland
    I reminder distinctly .

Bike
    VFR800
    you have zero idea of how it works
    or how little revenue is returned to ratepayers from tourism.
    If tourism s so lucrative how is it it has to be funded by ratepayersrather then the industry about we fund free campgrounds and maintenance it all for the world freddom campers from Airport arrival tax.
    Most Tourists dont come to NZ to see Auckland

Lolz, it's not about ratepayers or arrival tax.

How about "You do the maths" and work out the GST component on the $530 million freedom camper income and you'll see how much the Government really has to spend on the regions.

Bike
    husaberg
    Lolz, it's not about ratepayers or arrival tax.

How about "You do the maths" and work out the GST component on the $530 million freedom camper income and you'll see how much the Government really has to spend on the regions.
    Are you not right in the head, if its such a money spinner for the Country as a whole, why are ratepayers, with no income generated from tourism who just happen to live somewhere the parasites like to visit, paying for it then?
    last time i looked i get nothing of a dividend from either New World Countdown or Mobil Mcdonalds or KFC or Jucy rentals you dullard.
    You just talk yourself around in circles. You have no answers, or it seems clues either. you have no comprehension, as to why a farmer is expected to pay to clean up the turds of a German tourist who is to lazy and too cheap to use a toilet.
    Don't reply, you are gong on ignore.
    you are the same sort of Stupid self centered Dorklander who expects the world to pay for its roads and aversion ot public transport.
    yet expects the provences to pay for tourists shitting in the countryside when they pay the toll in Auckaland for entry for the whole country.
    I reminder distinctly .

Bike
    VFR800
    Are you not right in the head, if its such a money spinner for the Country as a whole, why is it are ratepayers with no income generated from tourism whio just happen to live somewhere the parasites like to visit paying for it then?
    last time i looked i get nothing of a dividend from either New World Countdown or Mobil Mcdonalds or KFC or Jucy rentals you dullard.
    You just talk yourself arround in circles. you have no answers or it seems clues either.

I'm not sure what you're on about (or on) with the "why is it are ratepayers..." and the dividends bit but clearly you can't compose a decent post so I'm out.

Bike
    Not a Hayabusa anymore
    2 words:

Money Velocity.

For a more in depth explanation - I'll use myself as an Example:

Tourist comes to NZ - Tourist visits McShit and buys a Big Mac Combo for $12.40.

That income to McDonalds gets split among various things: 4% to the global Franchise, some of it on raw materials, some of it on Wages etc. and some of it is pure profit.

Of that profit, some might get re-invested into the business, by way of paying contractors to come to the store and repair things, build things, do things etc.

So, a portion of the revenue from that Tourist has gone via McDonalds to some local contractor, who will likely spend some of it on his Mortgage, business loan, raw materials, wages etc. and on his business expenses - such as IT.

Regardless of what industry you are in, an increase in Money Velocity and an influx of money is always a good thing, even if you are not the primary, secondary or tertiary beneficiary of it, you will by proxy benefit.

TL;DR - More people buying shit locally is good for the Local economy.

As for Freedom Campers - Sure, some of them take the piss, but then - most of us were young and broke at one point in our lives and so did things on the cheap using dubious methods.

Although there's a twinge of irony at the 'outrage' against 'the foreigner' who is 'ruining our land and squandering our taxes' and who it's coming from, they are starting to sound like the God Emperor Trump....
    Physics; Thou art a cruel, heartless Bitch-of-a-Mistress

Thread Information