Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Scanning old 35mm slides and negatives

Bike
    2006 Honda XR250L
    Well you've convinced me Geoff, I'm busy trying out Gigapixel AI myself because in our early days of digital cameras we were silly enough to think 640x480 photos were okay because that was our PC screen resolution back then, so to be able to enhance them to a good viewing size for today is a very useful thing.
    Cheers

Merv

Bike
    Sold
    Quote Originally Posted by merv View Post
    Well you've convinced me Geoff, I'm busy trying out Gigapixel AI myself because in our early days of digital cameras we were silly enough to think 640x480 photos were okay because that was our PC screen resolution back then, so to be able to enhance them to a good viewing size for today is a very useful thing.
    Enjoy having a play Merv! I'm in the same boat as you with a bunch of small images . Some were a bit ho-hum but in the main, I was really impressed with what can be achieved.

Bike
    2006 Honda XR250L
    Geoff, logging in to the free trial, after I loaded it the top message says '0 days left in trial'. I thought it would say 30 days.

It is working so far all the same but will it die tomorrow? I see the price is listed at $99.99 USD. Did you find a discount voucher for it at $80USD?

I've found it seems to work well but even with the face refinement setting on it can't seem to cope with small faces in amongst a grander scene, but sure sharpens up everything else.
    Cheers

Merv

Bike
    Sold
    Quote Originally Posted by merv View Post
    Geoff, logging in to the free trial, after I loaded it the top message says '0 days left in trial'. I thought it would say 30 days.

It is working so far all the same but will it die tomorrow? I see the price is listed at $99.99 USD. Did you find a discount voucher for it at $80USD?

I've found it seems to work well but even with the face refinement setting on it can't seem to cope with small faces in amongst a grander scene, but sure sharpens up everything else.
    Merv,
    Mine said the full 30 days and I used about 20 of them before purchase. When I bought it, the price simply said $80. Dont know whether that was a special deal or not. With smaller faces, I've had sucesses as well as failures and don't know the reasons. It might be something to do with the composition and light balance of the individual photos. Have a crack at turning facial recognition on and off too, and the other options, come to that. I've also done a bit of post processing on some photos before I use Megapixel.

Thread Information