Another Karen look at me thread is launched
    Quote Originally Posted by Katman View Post
    I reminder distinctly .

Kinky is using a feather. Perverted is using the whole chicken

Bike
    Katanasaurus Rex
    Quote Originally Posted by husaberk View Post
    cesspit literally
    How does that equate to a police officer choking a citizen to death?

Bike
    So old you won't care
    Well you can be outraged like we were... Thats not all of the USA

I spent 6 months working there - I was blown away by the diversity and the - well by NZ standards - the simple oddness of the place...

I got to meet my childhood hero in Dallas, Jack Wilson at Big D cycles... The man who gave the Bonnieville its name

I hung out in honky tonk bars (it sucked)

I went to a mall in Dallas advertising some NBA stuff my kids wanted - 10min in - I realised I was the ONLY white guy in a 5 mile radius - I had a GREAT night BTW once they knew I was a Kiwi

I met a guy who contracted me to build a telephone exchange in Elkhorn - his name was Ed - his wife was an ex cheer leader

I drove 3 hours at 100mph

I had the time of my life with a mexican family

6 hours into my trip I was sitting with a case of beer in a 67 Chevelle with half the engine sticking out of the bonnet calling Vicki on a borrowed cellphone

Best engineer a negro guy I still talk to

Wierdest friend a tea party supporter who wanted to move to NZ

Its a big wierd place full of saints and cunts... More saints than cunts - but when that changes - well look out

Bike
    Triumph Speed Triple
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Paul in NZ View Post
    Well you can be outraged like we were... Thats not all of the USA

I spent 6 months working there - I was blown away by the diversity and the - well by NZ standards - the simple oddness of the place...

I got to meet my childhood hero in Dallas, Jack Wilson at Big D cycles... The man who gave the Bonnieville its name

I hung out in honky tonk bars (it sucked)

I went to a mall in Dallas advertising some NBA stuff my kids wanted - 10min in - I realised I was the ONLY white guy in a 5 mile radius - I had a GREAT night BTW once they knew I was a Kiwi

I met a guy who contracted me to build a telephone exchange in Elkhorn - his name was Ed - his wife was an ex cheer leader

I drove 3 hours at 100mph

I had the time of my life with a mexican family

6 hours into my trip I was sitting with a case of beer in a 67 Chevelle with half the engine sticking out of the bonnet calling Vicki on a borrowed cellphone

Best engineer a negro guy I still talk to

Wierdest friend a tea party supporter who wanted to move to NZ

Its a big wierd place full of saints and cunts... More saints than cunts - but when that changes - well look out
    Brilliant post but sadly I gotta share the love...
    There is a grey blur, and a green blur. I try to stay on the grey one. - Joey Dunlop

Bike
    husaberg
    Quote Originally Posted by Karen View Post
    How does that equate to a police officer choking a citizen to death?
    Golly,it equates 100% more than a troll equating the actions of a few individuals to a country of hundreds of millions does.
    Especially given taupo is a cesspit.
    https://edition.cnn.com/2019/07/03/a...hnk/index.html
    I reminder distinctly .

Kinky is using a feather. Perverted is using the whole chicken

Bike
    GSXR1000
    Yeah, holidays tend to be a bit different to real world life.
    You don't say? 9wks is but only a blink of an eye but in that time I integrated myself pretty well with the family I was living with and got to know them and their way of life reasonably well. Seemed like decent folk to me and certainly not inhabitants of a cesspit. However every corner of the world, each country, city, town has it's sinister dark side. America is not alone in this.

And there is no defending what happened.
    Last edited by onearmedbandit; 29th May 2020 at 01:03.

Bike
    As many as I can get away with
    Quote Originally Posted by onearmedbandit View Post
    I've been to America a couple times. Lovely places I stayed, Hawaii for a couple weeks, Orange County for 9 weeks. Lovely people, friendly, welcoming. So my personal experience would say it's not a cesspit. I just met normal people doing normal things living normal lives. But that's not to deny there is racial and ethnic issues of a very serious nature there. But I'd argue that it's not a cesspit, just a place with a large population that also has a lot of exposure to the rest of the world. America has its issues no doubt, but so do most other places. China. India. Pakistan. Russia. Heck anywhere for that matter. But the spotlight is on America more than anywhere else.
    Yeah, holidays tend to be a bit different to real world life.
    I've also been to America several times. We have a bike in San Francisco and go each year to attend the annual week long, thousand mile Velocette rally and ride around for a month. I choose the windiest back country roads to ride and get into all sorts of really out of the way places and meet some great people. I agree with what Bandit says, at least 99.9% of the American people that we have met are just friendly, down to earth, NORMAL folk just trying to make a living and doing the best they can. The only cesspit bit that we've seen so far in our travels have been that back blocks USA is a very poor run down place. Not a lot of money about except in the cities which is generally not where we choose to go. Hell yeah, there's some racial problems there no doubt and I firmly believe that prick with his knee on the black guys neck should be not only terminated employment wise, he should be terminated full stop. And if you think some of the police in America have bad attitudes then look a bit closer to home. From my own personal experience we also have arseholes in our police force. Don't get me wrong, most of them do a stirling job and have to deal with the lowest common denominator (far more than Joe Blow would see) but there's always the little Hitler's among them with a bone to pick. That said I certainly wouldn't be lining up to do their job. But when shit like this happens they shouldn't be above the law and should get the same consequences for their actions.
    Oh, and fuck Covid 19. Won't be able to go back and enjoy the American summer this year which really pisses me off !!

Bike
    Katanasaurus Rex
    I'm speaking in a much broader sense.

From their decaying political system (which has become a comedy act being played out on a world stage), to their belief that they are the world's policemen (even if that includes dropping bombs on innocent wedding parties), to them buying up the entire stock of gun shops as a response to the coronavirus, to the institutionalised racism that seems to incentivise their police force to shoot, run down, choke (select assault with deadly force of your choice) their own citizens - especially if they're black.

And the vast majority of Americans have sat back and allowed it all to happen.

Bike
    Not a Hayabusa anymore
    especially if they're black.
    Actually...

No.

You see, they did a Study on this about the use of Lethal Force against Suspects of different ethnicities - Turns out White Cops are more hesitant to use Lethal Force against Black Suspects than they are for White Suspects - One suspect because they know of the shit-show that will occur if they do (even if it is justified or not).

I've seen reports about this case - I've yet to make up my mind - I've seen umpteen videos of various people who are cuffed, on the floor and being restrained complaining vociferously that they are in pain, their arms are being broken, can't breathe etc. which is all patently lies and them merely trying to get out of a situation they put themselves in.

That is not to say that this is what happened here - only to say that if the Police let someone go everytime they complained they were being restrained....

On a different Tack - what does it say about the African American community when they burn down their own cities in protest?
    Physics; Thou art a cruel, heartless Bitch-of-a-Mistress

Bike
    Yo momma
    It wouldn’t have made the news if it was black cops doing in a white guy.
    Lets go Brandon

Bike
    Katanasaurus Rex
    Quote Originally Posted by TheDemonLord View Post
    On a different Tack - what does it say about the African American community when they burn down their own cities in protest?
    Is the answer something about cesspits?

Bike
    Katanasaurus Rex
    Quote Originally Posted by TheDemonLord View Post
    You see, they did a Study on this about the use of Lethal Force against Suspects of different ethnicities - Turns out White Cops are more hesitant to use Lethal Force against Black Suspects than they are for White Suspects - One suspect because they know of the shit-show that will occur if they do (even if it is justified or not).
    Well they're hardly going to say they prefer killing black suspects, are they?

Bike
    Triumph Speed Triple
    Blog Entries
    This could have an effect on the US election. The Gravel Institute (a Twitter confirmed account, whatever the correct terminology. It has the blue tick of approval.) posted this:

"In 2006 Amy Klobuchar, then a district attorney, declined to bring charges against a cop who had shot and killed a Native American man.

Two days ago that cop, Derek Chauvin, murdered George Floyd.

Amy Klobuchar needs to resign."

Amy Klobuchar is currently one of the people being vetted by Biden as a prospective running mate in the November election.

This focus on earlier career activities may also give Kamala Harris a problem as she was a prosecutor and prosecutors with political ambitions tend to like putting people in jail.
    There is a grey blur, and a green blur. I try to stay on the grey one. - Joey Dunlop

Bike
    Katanasaurus Rex
    Quote Originally Posted by pritch View Post
    This could have an effect on the US election. The Gravel Institute (a Twitter confirmed account, whatever the correct terminology. It has the blue tick of approval.) posted this:

"In 2006 Amy Klobuchar, then a district attorney, declined to bring charges against a cop who had shot and killed a Native American man.

Two days ago that cop, Derek Chauvin, murdered George Floyd.

Amy Klobuchar needs to resign."

I'm sure Trump will have a field day with it.

Bike
    Triumph Speed Triple
    Blog Entries
    I'm sure Trump will have a field day with it.
    It could be difficult for him, he has endorsed police violence. Then again, it's not as if he is big on consistency.

Thread Information