Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ... 891011 LastLast

Thread: Support NZ Business - yeh right !!!!

Bike
    Katanasaurus Rex
    Quote Originally Posted by F5 Dave View Post
    Yeah. Down with the man.
    Let's start a commune and grow sweet potatoes.
    I'm just stating the obvious - before anyone tries suggesting it's done for a noble cause.

Bike
    motocompo
    Quote Originally Posted by Katman View Post
    You're all only in it to make money, aren't you?
    Well duh, of course I am that's why I don't have to work.
    It seems nobody grasps the concept of having more money than you know what to do with, which is understandable.
    , I'm actually using it as an asset based platform to store my cash reserves in and get sufficient return
    Putting it in the bank & hoping for the best is hardly very smart.
    It's also so I can have a nice new, not for business purposes workshop, so I can tinker with & store my collection of cars & bikes at leisure, while occupying an appreciating asset.

Bike
    Katanasaurus Rex
    Quote Originally Posted by sidecar bob View Post
    Well duh, of course I am that's why I don't have to work.
    Well that's exactly my point.

You're all in it for the same reason - simply to try to increase your wealth.

Bike
    suzuki
    Have you heard of the internet? It's where most people search for houses. I hear Trademe is popular so estate company affiliation is pointless.

And yes sadly there will be another influx of people trying to earn a crust. If you see me wearing a red coat. Don't ask.

PS just reading the May issues of CMM. June advertises coming mag with a tasty looking MV you might be interested in seeing.
    i don't like the morals of real estate agents but when they show people through houses they get an idea of what is right for them and giude them to other properties. i hate using them but have found that they serve a purpose., selling privately rarely works out best unfortunately.

Bike
    RZ496/Street 765RS/GasGas/ etc etc
    Blog Entries
    Worked fine for me. I paid for a valuation from a registered valuer who based thier number on recent house sales in the area and compared those houses. Expert opinion from someone with no skin in the game or bias. Present that document to prospective buyers and everyone feels like they are paying/receiving a fair price.

I didn't want lots of buyers. One was enough as long as the price was good. And I saved 3.5% of the value of the house on fees and trumped up advertising.

Heck this was pre Trademe houses and using a self designed sign $80 from sign place and a couple of cheeky home made ones.

I'd do it again no question.
    Don't you look at my accountant.
    He's the only one I've got.

Bike
    suzuki
    Worked fine for me. I paid for a valuation from a registered valuer who based thier number on recent house sales in the area and compared those houses. Expert opinion from someone with no skin in the game or bias. Present that document to prospective buyers and everyone feels like they are paying/receiving a fair price.

I didn't want lots of buyers. One was enough as long as the price was good. And I saved 3.5% of the value of the house on fees and trumped up advertising.

Heck this was pre Trademe houses and using a self designed sign $80 from sign place and a couple of cheeky home made ones.

I'd do it again no question.
    so why do second hand car dealers exist if trademe is so all encompassing?

lots of buyers get lots of offers, i work for a property flipper and recently he was getting $30-$50k more than expecting for houses, down to those pesky real estate agents simply.

Bike
    Blog Entries
    2nd hand car dealers? For the lazy and nervous. That was easy.

However.
    This market is something I am not experienced in, I'll keenly admit. But the media tells us that demand is still outstripping supply, so yeah prices I'd expect would be hard to pick. I'm not any sort of expert and your client probably is.

I just don't trust an agent to be competent when volume gets him way more money than negotiating the best deal.

Bike
    Honda Foreman, now
    Prior to COVID, demand was pushing up prices.

Now people are out of jobs, or nervous about losing their jobs, or concerned about their 'investments' having plummeted in value, or anxious about the election, or petrified of a resurgence of COVID-19 or the emergence of COVID-20 ... or ....

Nervousness stops or slows investment and 'change' in general. Estate agents now have to work harder for a living - selling on behalf of the vendors.

Bike
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Katman View Post
    I'm just stating the obvious - before anyone tries suggesting it's done for a noble cause.
    I'm not hearing a No, on those potatoes

Bike
    suzuki
    Quote Originally Posted by GazzaH View Post
    Prior to COVID, demand was pushing up prices.

Now people are out of jobs, or nervous about losing their jobs, or concerned about their 'investments' having plummeted in value, or anxious about the election, or petrified of a resurgence of COVID-19 or the emergence of COVID-20 ... or ....

Nervousness stops or slows investment and 'change' in general. Estate agents now have to work harder for a living - selling on behalf of the vendors.
    wait till there's a flood of rentals on the market from people who thought they were wealthy having rentals but in reality don't have anything up their sleeve for a downturn....

Bike
    less than I used to have
    ...I've been practicing at being broke all my life...it's been real easy...the training has paid off, too...

Bike
    I Ride No More

Bike
    Daelim VL250 Daystar
    Looking at a big engine parts order.... what’s cheapest at moment????

NZ dealership or buy online via one of those big USA outfits????
    Govt gives you nothing because it creates nothing - Javier Milei

Bike
    None
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by R650R View Post
    Looking at a big engine parts order.... what’s cheapest at moment????

NZ dealership or buy online via one of those big USA outfits????
    USA but delivery time will be random.
    NZ dealership will be next year when they've filled a container and it sails around the globe three times
    If a man is alone in the woods and there isn't a woke Hollywood around to call him racist, is he still white?

Bike
    Daelim VL250 Daystar
    Quote Originally Posted by James Deuce View Post
    USA but delivery time will be random.
    NZ dealership will be next year when they've filled a container and it sails around the globe three times
    Cheers. I forgot also to factor the pain of going to dealership masked up and waiting for a quote also....
    Govt gives you nothing because it creates nothing - Javier Milei

Thread Information