Thread: Danseys Pass in a Ford Fiesta

Bike
    ZX14R, E=mc2

Danseys Pass in a Ford Fiesta

Got a few days off due to a workplace accident so doing a trip to Ranfurly in a day or two. My right arm was fractured, not seriously but, it's in a splint so riding a Bike is off topic.

Thought I'd run the shopping trolley down from Ch Ch, Fiesta 990 cc 3 Cylinder. It's a completely standard car , 2015 model. An old lady's car some people call it. The turbo makes it a feisty wee thing though. Pip-squeak with a buzz.

16" wheels, haven't been over the Danseys for a few years.

How's the Danseys pass looking and will my little car do it Ok ? I'm off to Kurow up the Waitaki river.

Bike
    Triumph Speed Triple
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Stylo View Post
    Got a few days off due to a workplace accident so doing a trip to Ranfurly in a day or two. My right arm was fractured, not seriously but, it's in a splint so riding a Bike is off topic.

Thought I'd run the shopping trolley down from Ch Ch, Fiesta 990 cc 3 Cylinder. It's a completely standard car , 2015 model. An old lady's car some people call it. The turbo makes it a feisty wee thing though. Pip-squeak with a buzz.

How's the Danseys pass looking and will my little car do it Ok ? I'm off to Kurow up the Waitaki river.
    The southern end is normally fine. The northern end is a bit ummm rustic?

This is about a year old. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qZAxA6jlEVg

Then there's this. It might pay to check that the road is open. https://www.odt.co.nz/regions/north-...ass-due-reopen
    There is a grey blur, and a green blur. I try to stay on the grey one. - Joey Dunlop

Bike
    ZX14R, E=mc2
    Quote Originally Posted by pritch View Post
    The southern end is normally fine. The northern end is a bit ummm rustic?

This is about a year old. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qZAxA6jlEVg

Then there's this. It might pay to check that the road is open. https://www.odt.co.nz/regions/north-...ass-due-reopen
    Thanks, must have been 15 years since i went over the pass. From memory it was in by brand new company vehicle, a Mitsubishi 380.

Bike
    Triumph Speed Triple
    Blog Entries
    Thanks, must have been 15 years since i went over the pass. From memory it was in by brand new company vehicle, a Mitsubishi 380.
    Company vehicles are very popular for such jaunts.
    There is a grey blur, and a green blur. I try to stay on the grey one. - Joey Dunlop

Bike
    Not a Hayabusa anymore
    Quote Originally Posted by pritch View Post
    Company vehicles are very popular for such jaunts.
    The fastest car you've ever driven is a rental car...
    Physics; Thou art a cruel, heartless Bitch-of-a-Mistress

Bike
    VFR400, Frankenbucket

That 3 cylinder eco boost engine is one of the best ever engines to come out IMO. Bloody impressive! It'll do it fine. Hopefully you can piss off a few ute drivers by overtaking them

Quote Originally Posted by TheDemonLord View Post
    The fastest car you've ever driven is a rental car...
    I have a policy with rental cars where I must have it on the redline within a few hundred metres of leaving the rental depot. It needs to know what it's in for for the next few days.

They seem to have filled up with THE WORST CAR EVER the Mitsi ASX recently. Fucking horrendous car, why anyone would spend their own money on one I'd never know. I give them an extra hard hiding out of spite

Bike
    ZX14R, E=mc2
    Quote Originally Posted by Autech View Post
    That 3 cylinder eco boost engine is one of the best ever engines to come out IMO. Bloody impressive! It'll do it fine. Hopefully you can piss off a few ute drivers by overtaking them

I have a policy with rental cars where I must have it on the redline within a few hundred metres of leaving the rental depot. It needs to know what it's in for for the next few days.

They seem to have filled up with THE WORST CAR EVER the Mitsi ASX recently. Fucking horrendous car, why anyone would spend their own money on one I'd never know. I give them an extra hard hiding out of spite
    Yeah the little Ford is a magic wee car and, I've never been a Fiesta fan to be honest. Until now. Think I surprised a few drivers in much bigger vehicles by passing them. The eco-boost triple is a great motor. They go well.

Didn't do the Danseys due to pissing rain and low fog unfortunately. Agree about the ASX. Best Mitsubishi I had was a 380 LX. Back in the day...,

Bike
    VFR400, Frankenbucket
    Yeah the little Ford is a magic wee car and, I've never been a Fiesta fan to be honest. Until now. Think I surprised a few drivers in much bigger vehicles by passing them. The eco-boost triple is a great motor. They go well.

Didn't do the Danseys due to pissing rain and low fog unfortunately. Agree about the ASX. Best Mitsubishi I had was a 380 LX. Back in the day...,
    I daily a Focus ST. The 2.0 Ecoboost is a work of art compared to the 2.0 turbo engines that preceded it, I often go to shift from 4th gear to 5th and discover that I'm already in 6th due to the torque of the engine down low.

Thread Information