Page 1 of 11 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Support NZ Business - yeh right !!!!

Bike
    moped

Support NZ Business - yeh right !!!!

Never had a Rant on here before, so seeing iam doing nothing, i thought i would say my bit.
    After this Covid (thing) they keep saying support your local business, ... i have been waiting to get Timber prices, and sent 8 emails and 3 phone calls to the company i normally deal with over the last 3 weeks and still hav'nt got any confirmation, or an invoice to make payment on, (i know some companies have been unindated with work load sure), but god knows when i will even get the product, to start my jobs.
    Trying to get a headlight bulb from Auckland for one of my bikes, after emailing part numbers and even sending photo's, what a drama, thats also been close to 3 weeks.
    I have just recieved a set of YSS CB750 shocks from Italy one week delivered, also a set of Megaphone mufflers for the Honda again one week delivery UK.
    By god sometimes i have no simpathy for NZ business's going down the gurggler, they certainly need some PR skills and understand what service is about.
    Looks like EBay will still keep getting my custom.

Bike
    aprilia
    Yeah.... Nah bro.

Theres a point where people need to draw a line.

Im dealing with the same shit you are getting stuff delivered to make stuff. But I'll happily put up with it knowing china isnt getting a dime outta me.

Bike
    06 scrambler,xrl,
    Blog Entries
    A headlight bulb from Akld to Welly?
    Your kidding right

Bike
    Dog Rooter, 1290 SDR
    LOL, its called a pandemic.

My company is running at 3 times the order rate for the time of the year and the couriers are working at 1/3rd speed.
    Quote Originally Posted by Katman View Post
    but once again you proved me wrong.
    Quote Originally Posted by cassina View Post
    I was hit by one such driver while remaining in the view of their mirror.

Bike
    A
    Quote Originally Posted by tri boy View Post
    Your kidding right
    Glad it's not just me thinking that...

Bike
    1982 Suzuki GS1100GK, 2008 KLR650
    Blog Entries
    I ordered some items online from The Warehouse. Could not be collected from the local warehouse as that's inside a Mall which was closed, so had to be picked up from Petone. There was a $20 delivery charge on top - I guess this is for shipping from the distribution centre, not thrilled but she wanted it so... Warehouse will email or txt when the item is ready for collection. A week later, level 2 commences, I call in to see if item has arrived. "No, we will let you know." Wander round the store and what I have ordered is on the shelf. Purchase the item, talk to the returns person , find I cannot cancel the online at the store but have to do it online.
    That night, go online and cancel the order and request a refund. Nothing happens for another week, when I get the email to say my order is ready for collection.
    Go back to the store, item ordered cannot be found, they will call me when it turns up. Back to the returns desk.
    Now that I have the email giving the details, they will take the return and refund BUT not the $20 delivery charge.

Request the email address or contact number of someone higher up that I can discuss this with. Cannot be provided. I guess I wil have to go online and find this myself.
    it's not a bad thing till you throw a KLR into the mix.
    those cheap ass bitches can do anything with ductape.
    (PostalDave on ADVrider)

Bike
    Katanasaurus Rex
    To everyone who hoped we wouldn't go back to the old normal...…..

Seems like sweating the small shit still ranks highly with some.

Bike
    ---2000 Triumph SprintT
    Quote Originally Posted by Katman View Post
    To everyone who hoped we wouldn't go back to the old normal...…..

Seems like sweating the small shit still ranks highly with some.
    Sounds like we are back. Shit service from local businesses...no stock..no interest in getting stock in unless you buy it for them first... and people order online from offshore again. How it was before.

Bike
    R100GSPD
    they dont make it easy .went to a cafe the first weekend level 2.people were queued up.As we went in there was a website that you had to navigate to on your mobile to register(a hospitality association or something)...I was not surprised just about evryone was signing a book....at least a qr code to take you to that website please!(waas not the official tracing app)

Bike
    Yo momma
    Quote Originally Posted by nzspokes View Post
    LOL, its called a pandemic.

My company is running at 3 times the order rate for the time of the year and the couriers are working at 1/3rd speed.
    Customer service in NZ was shit before the chinese bat flu came along. Once you have lived in other countries for a while then return to NZ the low standard of customer service is really noticeable.
    Lets go Brandon

Bike
    '17 CRF 1000LD
    You fuckers must be buying from the wrong retailers!

I've bought a bunch of stuff from NZ retailers over the last couple of weeks, good service. Sure, courier delivery took 2 or 3 days longer, but I got my stuff. I got excellent service from motomox (as always) and I spent a few thousand at PBTech with no problems.
    ----------------------------------------------------
    Quote Originally Posted by PrincessBandit View Post
    I realised that having 105kg of man sliding into my rear was a tad uncomfortable
    "If the cops didn't see it, I didn't do it!"
    - George Carlin (RIP)

Bike
    1982 Suzuki GS1100GK, 2008 KLR650
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by MarkH View Post
    You fuckers must be buying from the wrong retailers!

I've bought a bunch of stuff from NZ retailers over the last couple of weeks, good service. Sure, courier delivery took 2 or 3 days longer, but I got my stuff. I got excellent service from motomox (as always) and I spent a few thousand at PBTech with no problems.
    Agreed. THe smaller retailers have got it. Its the big stores that didn't seem to get it so well.
    it's not a bad thing till you throw a KLR into the mix.
    those cheap ass bitches can do anything with ductape.
    (PostalDave on ADVrider)

Bike
    moped
    I know over this Flu episode, everyones says shop on line, and seems to be pushing this form of shopping, thats ok, but when you go onto Companies/retailers websites and want to make contact regarding an item or ask a question, it takes ages before some gets back to you, or they never reply, that i find frustrating, sureley someone in the business is in charge of checking emails daily, if they want to make it work.

Bike
    moped
    Quote Originally Posted by tri boy View Post
    Your kidding right
    Yes, and still haven't got it, it was to be dispatched wednesday, (and the couriers are moving stuff through quickly now) its a Suzuki bike so i tried Suzuki Wellington with phone calls and messages no joy, so went to a Suzuki dealer in Auckland sent the year and model of the bike, what was on the bulb, and it was like ... ur... ah... dont have those....can you send some photos. How hard is sorting out a 2009 suzuki headlight bulb.

Bike
    suzuki
    Quote Originally Posted by jasonu View Post
    Customer service in NZ was shit before the chinese bat flu came along. Once you have lived in other countries for a while then return to NZ the low standard of customer service is really noticeable.
    well don't return

Thread Information