Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Water blaster for dirtbikes

Bike
    RZ496/Street 765RS/GasGas/ etc etc
    Blog Entries

Water blaster for dirtbikes

I always thought water blaster were just for forcing water past seals and removing stickers.

Until we were told our water pressure at 850kpa was beyond what taps were rated at. Reluctantly fitted a 500kpa restriction. Been sorting out shower. Go to wash the roadbike. Ahh geez! Hose is lame now. Would never have blasted the clay the week before off.

So I need a small blaster.

Recommendations?

What sort of wand do I need to get clay off but not root seals etc??

Does added detergent options work? Usually spray on CT18 truck wash.
    Don't you look at my accountant.
    He's the only one I've got.

Bike
    A
    Water blaster can be used from a distance in the delicate places on a bike, reduces chance of forcing water in.

Weed sprayer with either CT18 or Motomuck solution as a pre-soak works wonders.

Bike
    GSX-S1000GT/DR 650
    I've found the Supercheap's Heavy duty cleaner, diluted around 10:1 and sprayed on using an old Motomuck spray bottle works well as a pre-soak. Then the water blaster with the wide spray attachment works well when used at a suitable distance.

My first VMX event is coming up in a week's time so I'll be able to try out my own advice soon...

Bike
    Blog Entries
    Yeah yeah, sorry wasn't clear. I use CT18 from a weed sprayer now. I was asking about waterblasters with detergent dispensers as an option.

CT18 is great stuff. But it cant touch an inch of papa clay.

Bike
    BSA A10
    Quote Originally Posted by F5 Dave View Post
    I always thought water blaster were just for forcing water past seals and removing stickers.
    That's what I use my one for

I have a small Karcher one, which works great, I normally use motomuc or something on the bike first and just be a bit careful around seal areas
    "If you can make black marks on a straight from the time you turn out of a corner until the braking point of the next turn, then you have enough power."

Quote Originally Posted by scracha View Post
    Even BP would shy away from cleaning up a sidecar oil spill.
    Quote Originally Posted by Warren Zevon
    Send Lawyers, guns and money, the shit has hit the fan

Bike
    Obsolete ones.
    I may be talking cobblers here, nothing new.

We have 2 small electric Karchers, both of which are fairly grunty, sticker peeling and bearing cleaning grunty. Neither have any option to dial down the force.

Recently I bought a big petrol jobbie, De Walt. It comes with a whole range of accessories - a big whirly disk thing for concrete and decking (it's amazing), a rotating power nozzle which will cut your toes off and 4 jet nozzles, from a needle to one specifically for cleaning the car. It has the soap attachment, too. I've never used it.. Squirty bottle for me as well.

My point is, you might want to consider something which has different nozzle options to give you more control rather than a blast and be buggered one.

It may just come down to the type of gun that you use. Check if you can get different nozzles.
    Manopausal.

Bike
    06 scrambler,xrl,
    Blog Entries
    If you have power, any of the light ones sold ie: nilfisk/karcher/repco etc.
    No power, a reliable petrol driven 2500psi with the ability to dial back the psi. They should all come with detergent pickups.

Bike
    Blog Entries
    I've used a petrol one to do a concrete patio area. Horrible job. Fully waterproofed up but came out looking like the creature from the black lagoon. Only worked if running a 1" strip. Realisation that this could take a while but once you have started you had no choice but to continue.

Never again.

No, electric is good.

Bike
    Obsolete ones.
    Quote Originally Posted by F5 Dave View Post
    I've used a petrol one to do a concrete patio area. Horrible job. Fully waterproofed up but came out looking like the creature from the black lagoon. Only worked if running a 1" strip. Realisation that this could take a while but once you have started you had no choice but to continue.

Never again.

No, electric is good.
    Big whirly disk. Life changing.
    Manopausal.

Bike
    Blog Entries
    Reckon blasters pull some concrete surface off the top. I'll try bleach next.

Not sure when next local ride is. Lads going to berm buster but I've just been away a weekend. Farmers get a bit antsy around this time of year and the 100 max thing is a question of liability of land owners.

Bike
    motocompo
    Does anyone spray their bike with WD40 or silicone spray before they go riding to stop the shit from sticking to everything?
    Makes blasting a lot easier after a ride.

Bike
    '76 CB550 Super Sport
    Quote Originally Posted by sidecar bob View Post
    Does anyone spray their bike with WD40 or silicone spray before they go riding to stop the shit from sticking to everything?
    I use to use neopol after cleaning. I'd never use WD40. CRC 5.56 maybe.Winter months I don't bother doing much cleaning except for the brakes and chain. An oily rag leaves a nice thin film on the frame, tank, side covers etc..I have a Karcha water bluster and generally only use it on the front and under neath the mud guards.Somes to work ok as I've had my CB550 for 24 years.

Bike
    22"Z900rsSE, Z1R, FZR1000, KTM 2 smoker
    Quote Originally Posted by sidecar bob View Post
    Yep after each wash very very seldom use the small water blaster I have.

My method
    Scrape most of the mud off at the venue with a small plastic 50mm scraper. Better to leave it there than down your home drain.
    At home Squirt with a weed sprayer with 20% Dynamo.
    Yes Dynamo only no other clothes wash works only Dynamo for some reason and its cheap to compared to professional wash solutions.
    Only use 20% max as anymore leaves a film.
    If its caked on leave it soak make sure you coat all areas required.
    Hose of with your hose on jet mode and take the spa/swim pool restrictor off the tap.
    Have bulk CRC or Wd40 poured into a window cleaner squirt bottle give it a coating.
    Then oil wipe the fork tubes and oil chain before putting it away.

And dont leave the thing a week before you clean it.

Ps I use the dynamo solution for the windows, house, decks, and sometimes the first wash on the road bikes before the M/quires and a soft brush.
    On a Motorcycle you're penetrating distance, right along with the machine!! In a car you're just a spectator, the windshields like a TV!!

'Life's Journey is not to arrive at the grave safely in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out! Shouting, ' Holy sh!t... What a Ride!! '

Bike
    BSA A10
    Quote Originally Posted by Reckless View Post
    And dont leave the thing a week before you clean it.
    So two or three weeks is ok then ?
    "If you can make black marks on a straight from the time you turn out of a corner until the braking point of the next turn, then you have enough power."

Quote Originally Posted by scracha View Post
    Even BP would shy away from cleaning up a sidecar oil spill.
    Quote Originally Posted by Warren Zevon
    Send Lawyers, guns and money, the shit has hit the fan

Bike
    22"Z900rsSE, Z1R, FZR1000, KTM 2 smoker
    Quote Originally Posted by Kickaha View Post
    So two or three weeks is ok then ?
    Only for a 2 stroke Then the hard shit just ring a ding dings off LOL
    On a Motorcycle you're penetrating distance, right along with the machine!! In a car you're just a spectator, the windshields like a TV!!

'Life's Journey is not to arrive at the grave safely in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out! Shouting, ' Holy sh!t... What a Ride!! '

Thread Information