Thread: Hard chroming?

Bike
    2009, Harley Night Train

Hard chroming?

Why can’t we live without a pressure washer these days?

You may feel that I am overstating this machine but the truth is the pressure washer is now playing a crucial role in our busy lives. The pressure washer can help to handle professional work that we had to hire a professional cleaning service before. In other words, thanks to this machine, we can save some money for cleaning contractors but still can remove all kinds of dirt like mud, pollen, mildew, and dried grass clippings. This is truly a power washer for home use. Let’s see what a pressure washer can for our modern life!

Our house’s beauty is destroyed daily because of harsh elements such as dirt, rain, grime, and sun rays. They degrade the house’s long-term beauty if we don’t spend time and effort to keep our house clean and tidy. Here are all the great benefits that a pressure washer can offer to our property.

➨➨➨ Useful Reference: Highest rated pressure washers

Advantages of a good pressure washer for home

1/ Clean all kinds of dirt and tough stains

The greatest benefit of this machine is to allow us to remove all harsh elements such as oil stains in the garage, grease that normal cleaning effort cannot get work done. Even though we spend hours trying to clean the oil stain, the final result does not look much different from the beginning. Pressure washing can give our garage a completely new look in just half an hour.

2/ Save time and money

Most of us are busy these days but still want to keep our living environment clean and safe to protect the wellbeing of our family. For example mildew on the deck can be slippery while walking around your house. A high-quality pressure washer cleans the entire house in half an hour. How impressive it is! All kinds of dirt and stains are removable by high-pressure water. If you think the time is your money, this machine will be a way of daily savings.

➙➙➙➙➙➙➙➙➙➙➙➙➙➙➙➙➙➙➙➙➙➙➙➙➙➙➙➙➙➙➙➙➙➙➙➙➙➙➙➙➙➙➙➙ ➙

❉❉❉ Important Site: Best rated pressure washers - the top pressure washer

➙➙➙➙➙➙➙➙➙➙➙➙➙➙➙➙➙➙➙➙➙➙➙➙➙➙➙➙➙➙➙➙➙➙➙➙➙➙➙➙➙➙➙➙ ➙

3/ Enhance your house’s value

Taking care of your house regularly is a way to increase your property’s value. Your house is exposed to harshest natural elements every day that makes your house degrades overtime. Without regular and proper care, you will have to spend some more money to upgrade your house after several years. Pressure cleaning your house on a seasonal basis makes it look much more attractive as mold and mildew will be gone away.

To sum up

Top rated pressure washers can offer us many more advantages than these three listed above. Although they require your little investment, in the beginning, they add value to your life. Whether you would like to protect the health of your family or maintain the beauty of your house, choosing a good pressure washer is a wise step to do. Nowadays, this device comes at different shapes and prices. You need to know all the essential information to be able to pick the right model.

Bike
    suzuki
    just buy a new set, easier and cheaper, mikes xs.

Bike
    '76 CB550 Super Sport
    Quote Originally Posted by jellywrestler View Post
    just buy a new set, easier and cheaper, mikes xs.
    What he said ^^^^^ You should have them in a week or so depending on how you want it shipped. If you insist on hard chroming go to a hydraulic repair out fit that works on stuff the has hydraulic arms/lifters. They should be able to put you right. It's not uncommon for older aircraft hydraulic tubes/arms to be rehard chromed. A cheap to a senior mechanical engineer at Field Air (Mike in ARS or Quentin in the eng. shop) here in Palmy or Safe Air in Hamilton should point you in the right direction as well.

Bike
    suzuki
    Quote Originally Posted by Bonez View Post
    What he said ^^^^^ You should have them in a week or so depending on how you want it shipped. If you insist on hard chroming go to a hydraulic repair out fit that works on stuff the has hydraulic arms/lifters. They should be able to put you right. It's not uncommon for older aircraft hydraulic tubes/arms to be rehard chromed. A cheap to a senior mechanical engineer at Field Air (Mike in ARS or Quentin in the eng. shop) here in Palmy or Safe Air in Hamilton should point you in the right direction as well.
    they won't come up polished like you'd want rechromed as they chrome them then regrind them so you have to polish them afterwards

Bike
    suzuki

Bike
    '76 CB550 Super Sport
    they won't come up polished like you'd want rechromed as they chrome them then regrind them so you have to polish them afterwards
    They come back polished. I was a storeman/dispatcher at FieldAir for 5 years. In the aviation engineering industry things are not done half assed. Apart from Boing of course. Parts are expected to be fitted immediately with out any fucking around. Especially in an AOG situation.

Bike
    suzuki
    They come back polished. I was a storeman/dispatcher at FieldAir for 5 years. In the aviation engineering industry things are not done half assed. Apart from Boing of course. Parts are expected to be fitted immediately with out any fucking around. Especially in an AOG situation.
    not when i got my hesketh forks hard chromed they didn't, i did the same as you suggested, asked a hydraulics person

Bike
    '76 CB550 Super Sport
    not when i got my hesketh forks hard chromed they didn't, i did the same as you suggested, asked a hydraulics person
    Did you ask them to be polished?

Bike
    whatever is going
    Quote Originally Posted by LeonardRenner View Post
    Hi all, I have just bought a Yamaha 650 1973 and I need to get the inner fork legs hard chromed...
    Where do I need to send them?
    Auckland Industrial Chroming in Otahuhu .

Bike
    husaberg
    Quote Originally Posted by LeonardRenner View Post
    Hi all, I have just bought a Yamaha 650 1973 and I need to get the inner fork legs hard chromed...
    Where do I need to send them?
    it almost 100% likely would be cheaper to buy new ones
    plenty of patern XS stuff available cheap
    https://www.mikesxs.net/yamaha-xs650...124-60-00.html
    109 usd
    Quote Originally Posted by Katman View Post
    I reminder distinctly .

Kinky is using a feather. Perverted is using the whole chicken

Bike
    suzuki
    Did you ask them to be polished?
    no, i sent a set of motorcycle forks to rotorua electroplaters to be redone, they didn't offer options, and at the time i thought they'd come back same as what they got in terms of finish simply

Bike
    '69 K0, '71 Stinger, '73 Z1, '74 AC50
    The op hasn't posted a picture of the items needing rechroming so I will just say this: I've had advice on many bike issues over the years and just because someone said I needed to do this or that it hasn't actually been good advice or the right advice. OP is looking for someone to do hard chroming. Has he been told they need to be rechromed? Do they in fact need it or can a little cleaning up fix things? Stanchions can take quite a bit of rust between the upper and lower clamps where moisture gets in under the fork ears and settles on around the dust cover(s). As long as where the travel of the stanchion is OK they may not need it. If there is a little corrosion there sometimes very fine sanding to take off the rough edges can mean that the new seals don't get roughed up and rooted. Just my 10 cents worth. Attached are images of some forks I'm going to repair. There's plenty of rust but nothing that needs more than just a clean up.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20200606_165640.jpg 
Views:	95 
Size:	933.0 KB 
ID:	346077   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20200531_130836.jpg 
Views:	59 
Size:	812.6 KB 
ID:	346078  
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    I'm livin' the dream.

Thread Information