Thread: Question regarding old suzuki 50ccs

Bike
    1980 om50

Question regarding old suzuki 50ccs

Hello I recently got 2x Suzuki 1980 OM50's. They seem to be very similar to models: GT50, TS50, ZR50.
    Unfortunately it seems almost impossible to get a new throttle/ oil pump cable for my model in NZ, I am wondering if it would be safe longterm to run premix?
    I have currently tried 25:1, but this isnt working well at all and I plan to try 35:1 soon.

thanks

Bike
    1993 Yamaha FJ 1200
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by calm View Post
    Hello I recently got 2x Suzuki 1980 OM50's. They seem to be very similar to models: GT50, TS50, ZR50.
    Unfortunately it seems almost impossible to get a new throttle/ oil pump cable for my model in NZ, I am wondering if it would be safe longterm to run premix?
    I have currently tried 25:1, but this isnt working well at all and I plan to try 35:1 soon.

thanks
    If you still have the outer ... you can get a new inner cable fitted (made up). With basic gear you can do it yourself.

Premix works ... One bottle of oil and a measure for the correct ratio for a tank full. WARNING ... for a correct ratio fuel mix ... you must be consistent with the ratios or risk too little oil and (you know what happens then) it stops. Too much oil and ... well ... keep your plug spanner handy.

Either one ... if it works for you ...
    When life throws you a curve ... Lean into it ...

Bike
    less than I used to have
    ...find the part you need or, egads, fix the one you have...a manual for such a machine always helps...

Bike
    suzuki
    Quote Originally Posted by calm View Post

thanks
    whats the part number? i have a cross reference program and if you can't work out how to make one can find what other models it may fit?

Bike
    husaberg
    Quote Originally Posted by Katman View Post
    I reminder distinctly .

Kinky is using a feather. Perverted is using the whole chicken

Bike
    RZ496/Street 765RS/GasGas/ etc etc
    Blog Entries
    YouTube how to make Bowden cables. Most bike shops will sell you the cable and end fittings. They may even offer to repair it, but it will cost as labour isn't free.
    Don't you look at my accountant.
    He's the only one I've got.

Bike
    86.249 93.398 00.944
    Riding cheap crappy old bikes badly since 1987

Tagorama maps: Transalpers map first 100 tags..................Map of tags 101-200......................Latest map, tag # 201-->

Thread Information