Thread: Yamaha AG100 - No Lights working (with engine running)

Bike
    Yamaha AG100

Yamaha AG100 - No Lights working (with engine running)

Hey guys,
    I recently purchased a couple of Yamaha AG100 farm bikes, unsure of the year of them but both are the Blue paint with Blue Seat, running the CDI ignition not the old points system in the older Ags.
    So both had dead batteries and now removed, both engines run with no issues. One bike all the lights work no problem while engine running and no battery, the other bike no lights work at all with engine running and battery removed, have checked and tested all the bulbs on the other bike and are in perfect working order but getting nothing once placed back in the other bike. Anyone got any ideas to what this could be and how to test. I was thinking possibly it could be the switch on the bars to switch on the lights, horn etc (which also doesn't work) but even if the switch was buggered wouldn't the rear stop light still work as they are separate switches right. But like I say, getting nothing from any lights. Possibly an earthing issue somewhere?

Any help is much appreciated.
    Cheers guys.
    Kiel

Bike
    Africa Twin! 2018 all the fruit!
    Good on you for keeping those rickety old bikes going, there will be a smarter man thn I along soon, to tell you whats wrong and I reckon they'll probably know how to fix it.
    Welcome along, keep spinning those spanners and asking silly questions, occassionally someone will actually point you in the right dorection, the rest of the time they'll just dangle you over hot coals and laugh.
    Every day above ground is a good day!:

Thread Information